• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
So back when they were doing their demo rounds at E3 and such, they had this cockpit view enabled:

This was custom-tailored for the station, but I'm a huge fan of this viewpoint. If there is enough demand, can there be a chance of Playground eventually adding this in an update? Even a further-up cam like DiRT Rally or Driveclub would be awesome.

Damn, they really need to add that view to the game. Cockpit is a bit rough to play in given how far back you feel as well as the large wheel and hands getting in the way. Why was this removed?

I've yet to actually win any of the Horizon Edition vehicles from the VIP spin, but man do they look gorgeous. I am not willing to pony up for them on auction just yet, either... But someday I do really badly want the Mustang, GT-R, and Focus. :)

RawNuts

Damn, they really need to add that view to the game. Cockpit is a bit rough to play in given how far back you feel as well as the large wheel and hands getting in the way. Why was this removed?
It was only created for their custom demo station, but hopefully with enough demand they'll consider adding it to the final game. They don't even need to remove the wheel, if the cam is up on the dash I'll be happy.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Game is incredibly beautiful. And fun obviously, although I've only played about an hour. I got the ultimate edition, what do all those bonuses give me? So far, I've seen the VIP pass give me double credits on spins. After that, I just get all the DLC cars that come out?

TheRed

It's fixed for new purchases, but people who purchased before today (maybe yesterday) have an issue where it doesn't recognize you own any of the Ultimate Edition bonuses. They posted they're working on a script to fix those still affected but no timeline.
I'm still affected by it.
Spent 1.5M on a Horizon Edition Focus RS. Worth it :D It's a skill scoring machine.

screenshot-originalzuss4.png

screenshot-originalg9sdw.png

I won it in a wheelspin :)
It's really fun to drive

I'm on the line with xbox support, and they're saying I'll only see the vip content when the game releases officially on the 27th.

Does that sound right to anyone else.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone have a good settings setup that has the best steering and handling because even with a car in the high 80's for handling attribute, I can barely make a turn without either spinning out of control or slamming into the barrier. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Echoes

I decided to change the assists and I've been pretty happy with these (despite being totally ignorant on what everything actually does - cars noob here):

img_780488sn3.jpg

I can't seem to be able to drive super fast S2 cars with these settings though as they're extremely unstable / difficult to control. I tried a few S1 cars and it was really fun. Can't articulate what the changes do, except that it feels nicer and I feel that I have more control over the car.

Bravoexo

Does this game have an Auto pilot when a GPS nav point is set? I saw a danger jump ramp on my way for something else, and decided to take a short detour...pressed the gas... and quickly saw the car swerve away from the ramp and back into the gps nav line.... ha ha, I was like, wut? Tried it again and again... the ramp line up with the gps just until the last moment...and my car always turned away on it's own...

denshuu

Does this game have an Auto pilot when a GPS nav point is set? I saw a danger jump ramp on my way for something else, and decided to take a short detour...pressed the gas... and quickly saw the car swerve away from the ramp and back into the gps nav line.... ha ha, I was like, wut? Tried it again and again... the ramp line up with the gps just until the last moment...and my car always turned away on it's own...

You might have Assisted Steering turned on. Check the Difficulty menu.

Game is incredibly beautiful. And fun obviously, although I've only played about an hour. I got the ultimate edition, what do all those bonuses give me? So far, I've seen the VIP pass give me double credits on spins. After that, I just get all the DLC cars that come out?

You should have 15 cars to claim from the marketplace tab, a bunch of cool race models and exotics. Beyond that you get VIP car parks/perks/events and the regular monthly car bundles free. I think in the past VIP gives good discounts on the dlc etc. Hopefully that happens again.

Edit: Did we ever get the missing warthog and PreOrder Mercedes car issue fixed/acknowledged? I want to rip around in the warthog so badly lol

I have to say that beyond the beautiful graphics(THAT SKY!), perfect controls and insane amount of cars.....it's just fun......Really Fun!
The most fun I've had with a racing game since the PGR and Burnout series!

And Play Anywhere is great too, but I still play mostly on my S with a 65" 4K HDR Samsung TV

So I'm cruising down the Great Ocean Road and they're playing the fucking "Trials" from Halo 5 on Timeless FM.

This game...

Too bad I wasn't in the Warthog at the time; the ensuing awesome would have torn a hole in the space-time continuum.

I just spent 1.2 million credits on a Horizon Edition GT-R Black, and oh man I think I am in love. Bid started at 800k, so I got into a bit of a bidding war, but initial impressions are that it was totally worth it.

I'm wondering if there will be any major fluctuations in prices once the masses pick up the game. Will the market be flooded and prices go down?

You should have 15 cars to claim from the marketplace tab, a bunch of cool race models and exotics. Beyond that you get VIP car parks/perks/events and the regular monthly car bundles free. I think in the past VIP gives good discounts on the dlc etc. Hopefully that happens again.

Edit: Did we ever get the missing warthog and PreOrder Mercedes car issue fixed/acknowledged? I want to rip around in the warthog so badly lol

This is still the case.

I just spent 1.2 million credits on a Horizon Edition GT-R Black, and oh man I think I am in love. Bid started at 800k, so I got into a bit of a bidding war, but initial impressions are that it was totally worth it.

I'm wondering if there will be any major fluctuations in prices once the masses pick up the game. Will the market be flooded and prices go down?

There are people like me who didn't get their crazy payouts fixed (still had my 750 million after they wiped the billion glitch) so there could be insane amounts of currency in rotation with a small userbase. Standard edition folks coming in should drive things down definitely

Hawk269

After about 6 hours of game time, playing the demo, I am still blown away by the visuals in this game. The lighting is just incredible and the IQ is great. Really blown away they are able to do this with the Xbox One. HDR for me has been great, some incredible lighting conditions really make things shine, especially the sky boxes. I know Playground uses a modified Forza Motorsport engine, but damn can they make the Xbox One sing like no other game thus far. I know it is premature to say this, but I really can't wait to see what this team can do with the Scorpio.

RedStep

Anyone here still having problems with VIP on Xbox btw?

Can you confirm 100% that you have actually installed the DLC entitlements? You have to manage game for Forza Horizon 3, then if you have the DLC in Ready to Install you need to press the Install All button

Yes. The code is redeemed, chat confirmed that the license applied, but there is nothing under Ready to Install. All of the UE content is just gone.

Montresor

If I want an easy time getting all the achievements, what DLC do you guys recommend I purchase? Everything? Car pass + VIP? Is there a treasure map like in previous games?

If VIP pass helps, I guess I'll spring for that.

I truly do not care about early access. So will my disc copy at MSRP + all DLC cost the same as the Ultimate Edition you guys are all playing? If so I won't feel too bad about getting the standard disc.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
So I'm cruising down the Great Ocean Road and they're playing the fucking "Trials" from Halo 5 on Timeless FM.

This game...

Too bad I wasn't in the Warthog at the time; the ensuing awesome would have torn a hole in the space-time continuum.

Just finished the Warthog Bucket List challenge and this song played while doing it. Not sure if completing that challenge gave the option to purchase the Warthog from the storefront now(no code for me), but it wasn't too far into the game before that Bucket List challenge appears.

OK, so that's the second person from xbox who's told me that DLC won't be activated till the 27th.

Is there a policy change or something? What the hell is going on?

Do I have to leave the game be until Tuesday?

I've redeemed the code, but the Ultimate edition stuff (and the warthog) aren't showing on my account... and they're not appearing on the 'my games and apps' tab.

I doubt this would've been an issue if I'd bought digitally... it's straight up bullshit.

RedStep

OK, so that's the second person from xbox who's told me that DLC won't be activated till the 27th.

Is there a policy change or something? What the hell is going on?

Fear not - there has been no policy change, just clueless Customer Service all around. There was clearly a licensing problem yesterday, but I've been unable to get anybody to look into it, instead they just tell me to wait until the game releases on Tuesday,

Xbox Support said:
The reason why you are not able to download it yet because it will be available on : Release Date Sep 27, 2016 0:00:00 UTC

We know that everybody else has it running so it's not that, but CS doesn't seem to be trained to look past their scripts.

The download process was one of the worst I've had but this game really redeems it. My partner even commented that she hasnt seen me have this much fun in a long time.

i just bought standard edition on PC, can i not preload this? first windows store purchase, i don't see anything happening, games gonna take a while to download on launch day with my connection lol.

also how in the world do i select where i want this game to download to? i sure as hell don't want it to go on the 128gb ssd i have windows installed on...

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
So, I thought I had the game downloaded. Nope, still had the 100 MB file, had to re download. And my Internet took a great time to slow to a snail's pace. Guess I won't have the early access. 👎🏻

Man, I wish my town had Google Fiber...

so upon further inspection, windows store says i dont meet the minimum requirements of FH3; it has a red x next to memory (needs 8gb) and video memory (needs 2gb)

i have 8gb ram and 3gb on my videocard. anybody else had a similar problem? its showing red X's, and i can't figure out how tf to make it realize it's wrong, my windows specs clearly say 8gb so i'm a lil baffled

terrible

Banned
I just want to mention how awesome it is that they have a conversion kit for the Alfa 155 V6 Ti. Thank you! I've got a custom Martini livery on it and everything, the only thing missing is the proper engine sounds. It is one of the best sounding cars ever in real life imo.

Little OT, but if I change my storefront to Hong Kong, and purchase from there (is $30 cheaper than the Aussie store), will I still be able to reap the benefits of play anywhere?

Top Bottom