• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3: Review Thread

Since we got our review copy late this is a review in progress and will be later updated with impressions on late game, PC port and final score.

It is in Chinese, by the way.

But our tentative score is 9/10

Pros:

-Gorgeous Australian visuals
-An Xbox One technical marvel
-Sensational racing
-Packed with content
-Attention to Detail
-Great Chinese localization

Cons:

-None, I can't find any yet!

Theorry

2/5 from our reviewer, says it feels like Playground Games is getting bored of making racing games

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/forza-hori...s-drifts-off-wheel-xboxs-latest-racer-1582149

giphy.gif

But awell opinion is a opinion.

2/5 from our reviewer, says it feels like Playground Games is getting bored of making racing games

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/forza-hori...s-drifts-off-wheel-xboxs-latest-racer-1582149

I haven't played the game past the demo, but that's a real standout from the other scores so far.

The game is desperate to keep you satisfied; it's insecure. Complete a race and it will shower you with points and money. Almost every half an hour, you're awarded a free car, and it's usually something high end like a Lamborghini or a Ferrari.

Is this a bad thing? Lol

Massive, full and with a list of things to do which borders upon incessant, Forza Horizon 3 is a driving game both without direction and made by a studio seemingly – understandably – bored with cars. It isn't wholly different or worse than its predecessors, but after four years of these games, and with titles like DiRT Rally rediscovering the fundamental, basic thrills of racing simulations, Horizon 3 feels tired.

control + f dirt rally = 3 matches. sorry it wasnt dirt rally?

Since we got our review copy late this is a review in progress and will be later updated with impressions on late game, PC port and final score.

It is in Chinese, by the way.

But our tentative score is 9/10

Pros:

-Gorgeous Australian visuals
-An Xbox One technical marvel
-Sensational racing
-Packed with content
-Attention to Detail
-Great Chinese localization

Cons:

-None, I can't find any yet!

My man! Same deal, I really couldn't find anything wrong with it.

xviper

really excited for this, hopefully it's better than FH 2( which was already perfection)

expecting 83-88 MC

Drewfonse

Can someone who has reviewed the game comment on the ratio of road races vs offroad? I much prefer the road races, especially in supercars. Thanks!

Peru

I'm pretty sure I'll dig this game, but as always, please don't jump on any reviewer who thinks otherwise. The ibtimes review seems fair enough. Not everyone has to love this. And yes, just _having_ to point out that one negative review counts as jumping on it.

Like clockwork the poster above me goes for the 'attention' accusation. THAT is ridiculous.

Damn, these are so good ass scores. This is my first Forza in a long time (I think I bought the first two and that's it) so I'm excited.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Hard to say since presumably none of us have played it, but I could see where that could be bad. If you're constantly given high end rewards, they stop feeling special.
Forza 5 copped a beating for making high end harder to reach. Seems this is an area where it is hard to please everyone.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Excellent scores. Looking forward to playing this at 60FPS on PC.

And like clockwork the posts of 'hurr durr just looking for clicks' have arrived. Christ. Let the guy have his opinion and stop looking solely at the score.

Zalman

I figured this would be a good place to ask... I've never played Forza. Is it very online/community heavy? I'm looking for a single-player focused game with missions, races etc.

Top Bottom