• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free Assassin's Creed 3 Xbox download (China account required)

SirKhalid

I shut down my Xbox at 65% because you guys said it would corrupt. I just migrated, I'm hoping it will pass the 80%. Right now, I'm at 67%.

EvB

I shut down my Xbox at 65% because you guys said it would corrupt. I just migrated, I'm hoping it will pass the 80%. Right now, I'm at 67%.

That's pretty much what I did, it completed just as it hit 80%, which must be the point when it verifies your location.

I'm now playing AC3

For what its worth, I downloaded it when the thread was still at 3-4 pages, took about an hour, worked then and still working fine now. playing this second.

Majukun

game doesn't show for me in the last game downloaded..where i find it?

even if maybe i made a crazy stupid thing not selectin my country when i changed region...

Been at work this whole time. i have it sitting in my queue and just migrated the account. It is still in the queue even after migration. Here's hoping things work out when I get home in 6 hours.

Majukun

ok..back into download..but i probably screwed up because i choosed united states as my new region and i'm from europe..i don't even know why,i choose the first one who seemed good,but i will probably fail the check again

Got round to giving mine a game after playing some FIFA... And the file was corrupt :-(

Changed my region to uk and its now re downloading the full game. Although it says I have already purchased it what are the chances of it downloading and me being able to play it?

Currently at 4%

EvB

Got round to giving mine a game after playing some FIFA... And the file was corrupt :-(

Changed my region to uk and its now re downloading the full game. Although it says I have already purchased it what are the chances of it downloading and me being able to play it?

Currently at 4%

I'd say the chances are almost 100%

I migrated when I first setup the account because I thought that's what I was supposed to do and now it won't let me migrate for 3 months. Lol oh well try again in June I guess.

Majukun

let me get this straight.
i've maid a mistake and choose united states instead of united kingdom..so now i'm going to fail the check right?damn i lost my chance on a free game...:(

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
let me get this straight.
i've maid a mistake and choose united states instead of united kingdom..so now i'm going to fail the check right?damn i lost my chance on a free game...:(

Wait before you can migrate again ( to the right country ), it should be possible but there's a delay. And hope the game stays in your download list.

Dreaver

Doesn't work when migrated for me.
Made a Chinese account, tried to download it, failed at 80% just like everyone. Migrated the account (to UK) and failed again at 80%. :(

So anyone know a way to fix it? I have it in my download history and my account is UK, but still fails at 80%.

Majukun

Wait before you can migrate again ( to the right country ), it should be possible but there's a delay. And hope the game stays in your download list.
the delay is three months if i have understood well..for that time microsoft will find a way to fix this :(

anyone who doesn't already have made migration and want to exchange accounts?it should technically be possible right?

Sanic

Made a Chinese account, tried to download it, failed at 80% just like everyone. Migrated the account (to UK) and failed again at 80%. :(

Interesting. First report of that in this thread I think.

My download won't finish for another 12 or so hours, so i'm hoping it works not so much so that I can play it, but so that i'm not tying up my connection for 12 hours :p

EvB

One more time. Make sure you delete the data from the HDD before you do though

Dreaver

One more time. Make sure you delete the data from the HDD before you do though
That's what I did the first time and I just did it again. I hope it works but I doubt it. I think the problem is that I migrated the account when there was no active download, I did it after it failed the 80% (it was in my download history though and a 7.7gb unusable Assassins Creed III file on my HDD). Or actually...

I think it's important that you set the new country (migrate country) to the same as your other account. I didn't (I'm Dutch and set it to UK) and it failed. A friend of mine did and it works at him, so that might be the problem, fuck me.

Slygmous

I think GoD are pre patched, Tekken was.

I'm glad I jumped on this when it was mentioned in the Doritos thread. I just loaded up the title screen this morning and all looks good. Now I can see how bad it apparently is (after I finish Witcher 2).

Ghazi

Download compete and playing now!

Thanks GAF! :D

edit: has no patches been released or do GOD have them already installed?

I think it comes with it, I wasn't prompted to install a patch when I launched the game but in the Storage section of the settings a Title Update is listed with the game.

Dreaver

Sorry for spamming the thread, but is there any way to change your region again? I don't want to wait another 90 days...

macewank

i'm only seeing a download link for the manual.. am i missing something?

edit: yeah.. i have no download link. i think this is dead now for sure =/

JJD

Can I create a chinese account, get the game and give that account to a friend to download the game since I already have AC3 retail?

Vamphuntr

It worked for me earlier without doing any migration thing you guys are doing. Will try again later but earlier I tested and saw the title screen on my chinese account.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
The account migration worked for me too! A title 9mb title update was downloaded along the game it seems too.

Wag

Thanks. After migrating, and it quitting on me, and then queing up again it verified it and I'm good to go.

Top Bottom