• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free Assassin's Creed 3 Xbox download (China account required)

GeeDuhb

Damn...I have been clicking for the last half hour hoping something would change...I am now getting a message saying "Sorry. This offer is not available in your area." and before I was getting "could not be processed at this time"...looks like they are actually checking IPs now.

I have been trying to use a Chinese proxy, but I cant get it to work...and I am trying to do all this while at work lol...someone try to do it through a proxy!

They did mate it happened to me an alot of me mates that had shared the account. They corrupted the data on the hdd.

Not doubting you for a second, it's been so long that I've simply forgotten.

For what it's worth, I booted up AC3 not 10 minutes ago and it worked perfectly. No prompts for any patches, etc.

Minamu

The download link just disappeared for me after the site asked me to relogin. They sent me a new registration code and after that, everything was gone. I can see all DLC prices but the game itself is missing.

madmackem

For what it's worth, I booted up AC3 not 10 minutes ago and it worked perfectly. No prompts for any patches, etc.

Yeah i didnt start downloading mine till around 80 minutes or so ago so i might have been in too late and they might have done something to corrupt the file.

icecream

Public Health Threat
MS cannot 'remotely' disable games. The best they can do is IP lock a region's file or disable online play so it doesn't work.

What it seems they probably did here is turn on IP region locking on the game, therefore anyone outside of China won't be able to download (or complete) the download, and if you start the game online, it'll be seen as for a locked region and deny access if you are not from that region.

bidguy

Banned
probably it will work only for people who have completed the download a while ago..people that are still downloading the game (myself included) will probably get a currupted version that is unplayable until they fix this "issue".

You're probably onto something. Anyone here completed the download only a few minutes earlier ?

Damn...I have been clicking for the last half hour hoping something would change...I am now getting a message saying "Sorry. This offer is not available in your area." and before I was getting "could not be processed at this time"...looks like they are actually checking IPs now.

I have been trying to use a Chinese proxy, but I cant get it to work...and I am trying to do all this while at work lol...someone try to do it through a proxy!

Same situation. Fuck. I was one of the first people in this thread!

Paradicia

My jimmies will be majorly rustled if it doesn't work when I wake up in the morning. I started the download with the first wave around 3PM GMT zone. My connection is ass though. Running a 2mb connection over here :L

GeeDuhb

The download link just disappeared for me after the site asked me to relogin. They sent me a new registration code and after that, everything was gone. I can see all DLC prices but the game itself is missing.

Yep, every trace of the game is gone for me as well.

Oh well, props to the OP though! That's why I love Gaf! Congrats to the people who actually got it, and hopefully it keeps working

Majukun

how long ago you finished the download?
i don't know if it's possible..but maybe they are corrupting the data sent to people who are still downloading the game

so if you finished the download a while ago your game works..if you are still downloading now like me and other people you will get a corrupted version that you can't play

i don't know if it's possible..but maybe they are corrupting the data sent to people who are still downloading the game

so if you finished the download a while ago your game works..if you are still downloading now like me and other people you will get a corrupted version that you can't play

That sounds likely, mines downloaded about 6 or 7 hours ago and works just fine.

Yeah i didnt start downloading mine till around 80 minutes or so ago so i might have been in too late and they might have done something to corrupt the file.

It's possible.

Finished downloading just before 7pm. Booted it up, worked fine. Bought some DLC which I'd been meaning to and turned it off. Checked again a little while ago and it worked fine.

It's entirely possible they are corrupting the data for people who are still downloading.

Cbajd5

Mine's still going at 48%.

Is there anyway I can keep the progress bar on the screen even if I turn the controller off?

Majukun

counting all the post about corrupt data..it will probably stop for everybody who is still downloading this when it reach around 75%-80%,then it will be an error..this until they reach all the new chinese accounts and ban them so that we can't access the offer again...

ok,it's finished folks...congratulations for the ones who managed to get it on time...i started the download relatively early,but it was (and still is) incredibly slow..i'm around 50%

Krilekk

Banned
It's possible.

Finished downloading just before 7pm. Booted it up, worked fine. Bought some DLC which I'd been meaning to and turned it off. Checked again a little while ago and it worked fine.

It's entirely possible they are corrupting the data for people who are still downloading.

BS. They are not corrupting anything, just enabled IP checks. There's two, a region check to see if you are allowed to download it in the first place and then an IP check at about 80 % of a GoD download to see if you're really from that region. If that fails the download becomes corrupted.

Majukun

BS. They are not corrupting anything, just enabled IP checks. There's two, a region check to see if you are allowed to download it in the first place and then an IP check at about 80 % of a GoD download to see if you're really from that region. If that fails the download becomes corrupted.

well,isn't it basically the same thing ò_ò?

bidguy

Banned

That just happened to me :(
"Can't download Assasins Creed 3"
Was exactly at 80%.

Majukun

damn,it was too good to be true...tomorrow is my birthday,i though microsoft was giving me my gift XD

still congratulation for the guys who managed to download it

bidguy

Banned
damn,it was too good to be true...tomorrow is my birthday,i though microsoft was giving me my gift XD

still congratulation for the guys who managed to download it

Try to download it anyway. Maybe you're lucky and it continues after 80%

EDIT : Tried redownloading but it says "Content not available"

Isn't that basically the same thing? Enabling IP checks during a download would corrupt the download.

I doubt they can do anything to those who have already finished downloading and deleted the dummy account though.

OrangeOak

it ended at 80 percent, fuck the world

I should have done this earlier sigh

80%=100%
check any other download,it always ends on 80%(it actually goes to 100% but downloading is done on 80%) at least here in europe.
Maybe you are getting message "can't download" which means that you must download it through VPN (but if it starts without VPN it should end without it also)

Aselith

It keeps telling me that xbox.com has an invalid certificate and won't let me go to the sign in page. How do I get around this?

Krilekk

Banned
Well, anybody who "bought" it by starting the download could still download and play it if they used a Chinese VPN (won't work with Windows 8, though). Purevpn should work.

Top Bottom