• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full Length Caligula Trailer

FluxWaveZ

Good god that framerate.

I'm not sure if that's for trailer effect or what, but it's what I noticed during the first trailer for the game and it's jarring. Hopefully that's not actually how it looks like during the full game.

While I can't say I ever really understood the "it's basically Persona" line for Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, I feel that vibe for this game. Interested because of the writer, and because of the concept. The music sounds alright, too.

Shun

FuRyu = クソゲー alert

FuRyu always mean red flag.

Hope it ends out good but not high expectation of FuRyu

I'm interested because of the writer and the premise, but this being a Furyu game means I'm cautious about it. That framerate is not good.

18-Volt

I like what I'm seeing. SAO Hollow Fragment + Persona 2 + high school setting + evil idols = Winner. I hope dating exists in some form. Game like this without waifus means nothing.

What are the odds of this getting localized? Zero? Slightly more than zero?

80%? Atlus has been localizing all of FuRyu's RPG efforts and this one looks like right up in their alley. It has one of their former employees in the development team, just like Lost Dimension did.

Zolo

n Caligula, the protagonists are locked up in Mobius, a virtual reality world created by the vocal software “μ” in which all human beings become an ideal high school student and spend their days repeating high school life. Everyone within Mobius has forgotten the real world. For different reasons, each of the protagonists realize that Mobius is not the real world and form a “Going Home Club” with the desire to return home, and start looking for a way back. However, there are some members who suffered in reality and sought salvation in Mobius, and carry a darkness that can not be shared with the others.
Read more at http://gematsu.com/2016/03/caligula-full-length-trailer#kPQ4FThfSj2FPWXs.99
The premise for the game sounds interesting anyway.

nkarafo

I was expecting this

caligula-german.jpg

I got some anime crap instead.

Why and how would somebody give enough resource and power for a fricking vocal software to build its own virtual reality world...?

In any case, I recognized some of the composers of the songs in the trailer from Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F, so it seems that this game is pushing the "vocal software" angle pretty hard.

aibaby

Neo Member
The song that plays at 18 seconds upto around 41 secs is pretty good, wish they kept that for the whole trailer instead. Since it's the writer of the first two Personas, hopefully it still has the same nice supernatural mystery vibe to it.

Zolo

Why and how would somebody give enough resource and power for a fricking vocal software to build its own virtual reality world...?

*shrug*

I just know a lot of JRPGs are about experiencing ideal High School life, so the story could be a neat deconstruction about it.

I thought I was OT side and there was a remake of Caligula, so I didn't even read the OP before jumping straight into the trailer.
Would've been a fun thread to accidentally make on the OT side.

Drencrom

Now I'm sad there is no Caligula game of the film...

I wanna play as Malcolm McDowell and take part in hedonistic orgies dammit

StereoVsn

Isn't this pretty much the premise for Angel Beats? Also, this wasn't Caligula I was looking for. Was hoping for Malcom McDowell as VA ;). If this comes to NA and gets a dub whoever publishes needs to give him at least a cameo.

Edit: Why the name for the game in general? Are they burning Tokyo, having orgies, pitting Christians against lions? I mean it's just a really weird name for a random Japanese RPG.

Edit: Why the name for the game in general? Are they burning Tokyo, having orgies, pitting Christians against lions? I mean it's just a really weird name for a random Japanese RPG.

カリギュラ効果 or "Caligula effect" is a psychological inclination to covet something because it is prohibited. I couldn't find any English reference to this, so perhaps this is a Japanese-only term.

Chaos17

Doesn't look bad, I might interested to get it on my vita.

These games are so retard.

How so ?
Playing a virtual game where your avatar never age is normal.
Just they can't log off so actualy we don't know the real age of the characters.
I do like that part.

*shrug*

I just know a lot of JRPGs are about experiencing ideal High School life, so the story could be a neat deconstruction about it.
It could be. Though, this sort of games tend to have some fantastical and interesting concepts that align to my taste, but execute them pretty horribly. So I am cautiously looking forward to this.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Frame rate apart looks really good! I hope they'll fix it.

Did anyone else noticed that after the fight classmates reappered? I guess that quests and fights don't take place in dungeons in some alternate dimension.

Top Bottom