• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF appreciates Humongous Entertainment's PC point-and-click games

JSnake

aka the greatest PC games ever made IF YOU DISAGREE YOU ARE WRONG

THESE GAMES ARE MADE BY THE CREATOR OF MONKEY ISLAND SO YOU KNOW THEY ARE EXCELLENT

OK so basically Humongous (who now makes crappy sports games called the Backyard Sports series) were once known for their RIDICULOUSLY AWESOME point-and-click series of games. They are THE defining games of my childhood. I was very sick as a young child so I was in the hospital a lot. These were the games that got me through the hospital visits and the surgeries and everything. Anyway, there was Spy Fox, Pajama Sam, Putt-Putt, Fatty Bear, and Freddi Fish. But we're gonna talk about the first three because they're the best. so let's talk about them ok yeah!~

PAJAMA SAM

pajama_sam.jpg

Pajama Sam is a young boy who idolizes his favorite superhero, PAJAMA MAN (hence why Sam calls himself Pajama Sam when he goes off on an adventure). Basically Pajama Sam is always high so he goes on a lot of ridiculous adventures with talking objects that are normally animate. Kid talks to trees. His first game involves him being scared of the dark and so he goes off to vanquish Darkness. The second has him going to defeat Thunder and Lightning because they're keeping him up at night. All you really need to know is that these games are really charming with a lot of humor and are just plain fun.

here is Leonardo da Vinci's interpretation of Pajama Sam

pyjamazoom-1.jpg

--------

SPY FOX

Spyfox1_screenshot_hq.png

Spy Fox is James Bond but a fox. Can you seriously say that's not the greatest thing ever and keep a straight face NO YOU CAN'T BITCH NO YOU CAAAAAN'T. Spy Fox is probably Humongous' funniest franchise with lots of witty puns and spy-related humor. There are puzzles where Spy Fox has to use his various gadgets to solve and the games are just a whole lot of fun.

PUTT-PUTT

Putt1.jpg

Putt-Putt is the god damn man. He gets all the lady cars. Putt-Putt is probably my favorite of these three franchises but I'm not really sure why. Probably because I played his games the most, but these days I definitely prefer Pajama Sam and Spy Fox. Putt-Putt is still awesome though.

Anyway, does anyone at GAF remember these amazing games? I actually went back and played a few of the Pajama Sam games a couple of months ago and I still think they hold up pretty well. The art especially is pretty damn good IMO. So uh, APPRECIATE.

MisterHero

They didn't make Stay Tooned!.

But now I'm interested in these games. Do you know of a sensible means to play them on a modern machine?

JSnake

Well, Pajama Sam worked just fine for me when I normally installed it on my Vista machine. Didn't need to do any fancy technical stuff. Dunno about the others.

R0nn

I loved Putt-Putt back in the day. Especially that episode taking place on the moon. <3

Also played some Freddie Fish games, which were awesome also.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
I remember opening a box of Shreddies and getting some "Pajama Sam" shit and some "Freddi Fish" kids garbage. Put it in my PC for laughs and ended up with an awesome little point and click.

Little did I know they were made by the creator of Monkey Island

Top Bottom