• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hip Hop

Another lackluster effort by Future.

It's been quantity over quality with him for quite a while now. Waiting for a proper follow up to Honest.

FZZ

Banned
Purple Reign is fun

But nothing groundbreaking, but it's still a great way to start off the year.

Now to wait for SS3 and Yeezy's next track.

This 50 and Meek beef is already a hot mess on the 'gram. Grown ass men outchea writing hate letters to each other on social media, SMDH.

Nibel

Another lackluster effort by Future.

It's been quantity over quality with him for quite a while now. Waiting for a proper follow up to Honest.

Better than DS2 easily. Southside did a great job on the beat on 'Wicked'. All metros shit sounds the same.

DS2 was trash by the way.

ss2015-10-19at06.01.2m9sid.jpg

Mik317

This 50 and Meek beef is already a hot mess on the 'gram. Grown ass men outchea writing hate letters to each other on social media, SMDH.

50 is a professional troll. Its all he does nowadays...

and Meek decided it was a good idea to add him to the beef.

That's dumb

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Meek even taking Ls to Wale?

I'm sure Meek will have his moment in the sun. Not everyone gets the chance to perform at the White House, let alone multiple times. I'm sure Meek will get to open up for RTJ at the Bernie Sanders concession speech concert.

AJLma

With all of the success last year I thought Future might succumb to the curse on this tape.

Nah, so far this delivers.

EDIT: First listen just finished. This might be Future's most consistent tape ever. Not necessarily full of bangers but I didn't skip a track which is a first. Hater Shit and Bye Bye were the weak links but they grew on me on first listen.

Fjordson

Purple Reign is really good. Not DS2 / 56 Nights level for me, but still good.

And as was already said, Southside brought it here. Dude's beats pair perfectly with Future.

Fjordson

Never been a big fan of 50 musically, but dude is funny as fuck.

Sort of over all the Meek stuff though, rap beef gets stale pretty quickly for me personally. Just kinda silly. Hopefully Drake stays working on Views and doesn't take time to respond to the newer diss.

Did you see my post with the Vice docus about Japanese rap?

Sorry! Missed it, ha ha. Tired and all that shit, LOL. Thanks though, I do appreciate this. I must say though, I'm not sure if I like the notion of Japanese people emulating Trap artists. It comes off as uncomfortable to me, honestly. As somebody who feels uncomfortable when I see white people emulating Gangster Rap and similar genres too much, I can see how this plays into the whole issues with non-blacks trying to borrow aspects of rap music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom