• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Justice League (F2P Fantasy Football) 2016 |OT| Make Fantasy Football Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the bright side you have Matt Forte...and well, you have Matt Forte.

Had to check his team to see how bad it was. Dude has the best RB core in the league with McCoy (literally the 4th highest ranked RB in the league in points) and Gordon (literally the 5th highest ranked RB in the league in points) ALONG with Forte (ranked 13th), a top QB with Big Ben AND a top WR with Mike Evans. Hell I'd easily take his team over yours, tbh (mainly because I think Cooks/Lacy/CJA are busts waiting to happen though)

Keep at it Vyer! FantasyPros shows you still have a top 5 team for the rest of the year, so you have the talent. Just need the luck now (except for the week when I play you)

Vyer

Had to check his team to see how bad it was. Dude has the best RB core in the league with McCoy (literally the 4th highest ranked RB in the league in points) and Gordon (literally the 5th highest ranked RB in the league in points) ALONG with Forte (ranked 13th), a top QB with Big Ben AND a top WR with Mike Evans. Hell I'd easily take his team over yours, tbh (mainly because I think Cooks/Lacy/CJA are busts waiting to happen though)

Keep at it Vyer! FantasyPros shows you still have a top 5 team for the rest of the year, so you have the talent. Just need the luck now (except for the week when I play you)

Haha, yup. But I've been playing fantasy long enough to know that's just how it goes sometimes. I went from winning JL2 to going like 10-0 in Premier last year to my luck falling completely the other way. Ah well, all in good fun. We'll see how it goes.

Compbros

Wish I was in your league! I'm about as trade happy as they come (already did two trades). Don't know why no one else is so against it

I've done 3 so far, two in one week.

Andrew Luck for Latavius Murray - Don't need Luck with Brady back and picked up Carr. They needed a good QB as he had Tannehil, like, come on.

Barnidge, Duke Johnson, and Jordan Matthews for Jamal Charles - If Charles is Charles then it's a great deal. If he's bad or gets re-injured I have Ryan Matthews or Murray for my RB2 behind Melvin Gordon. They needed more pieces on their team and Charles was still injured/had a bye coming, is unproven.

Ryan Matthews and James White for Eddie Lacy - I'm hoping Lacy has a bounce back. If not it's fine since he'll ride my bench if he's subpar and I won't take a hit and they get a RB that is scoring basically 14 points a game and the passing down back for Tom Brady.

I'm thinking of trading the farm for Elliott and A.J. Green. Those two for Charles, Lacy, Benjamin, Corey Coleman, and Carr. That team needs help in almost every position and this would work for both of us.

I've done 3 so far, two in one week.

Andrew Luck for Latavius Murray - Don't need Luck with Brady back and picked up Carr. They needed a good QB as he had Tannehil, like, come on.

Barnidge, Duke Johnson, and Jordan Matthews for Jamal Charles - If Charles is Charles then it's a great deal. If he's bad or gets re-injured I have Ryan Matthews or Murray for my RB2 behind Melvin Gordon. They needed more pieces on their team and Charles was still injured/had a bye coming, is unproven.

Ryan Matthews and James White for Eddie Lacy - I'm hoping Lacy has a bounce back. If not it's fine since he'll ride my bench if he's subpar and I won't take a hit and they get a RB that is scoring basically 14 points a game and the passing down back for Tom Brady.

I'm thinking of trading the farm for Elliott and A.J. Green. Those two for Charles, Lacy, Benjamin, Corey Coleman, and Carr. That team needs help in almost every position and this would work for both of us.
Holy hell, you've been busy! And that last trade is bananas: you're literally trading a team for them! That'll be a game changer for the other team, and good for you if you have insane depth

Compbros

Holy hell, you've been busy! And that last trade is bananas: you're literally trading a team for them! That'll be a game changer for the other team, and good for you if you have insane depth

My team right now is Brady, Gordon, Charles, Jones JR, Benjamin, Cooper, Kelce as my starters. Lacy, Murray, Carr, and Coleman as my backups. Plus whoever I pick up on waivers.

Edit: The way I look at this trade is basically Charles and Benjamin for Elliott and Green.

Ryan Matthews and James White for Eddie Lacy - I'm hoping Lacy has a bounce back. If not it's fine since he'll ride my bench if he's subpar and I won't take a hit and they get a RB that is scoring basically 14 points a game and the passing down back for Tom Brady

I'd been waiting for the right time to unload Lacy while getting some flex help since Decker went down. But now that I have Coates, I feel good about every position except TE.

My team right now is Brady, Gordon, Charles, Jones JR, Benjamin, Cooper, Kelce as my starters. Lacy, Murray, Carr, and Coleman as my backups. Plus whoever I pick up on waivers.
Man, your depth is no joke. So you'd have Brady, Zeke/Gordon, AJ/Cooper/Jones Jr, and Kelce. And the other team should have an upgrade at every position overall. Now that's a trade I like on both ends, although one injury will derail your whole team, along with byes!

Compbros

Man, your depth is no joke. So you'd have Brady, Zeke/Gordon, AJ/Cooper/Jones Jr, and Kelce. And the other team should have an upgrade at every position overall. Now that's a trade I like on both ends, although one injury will derail your whole team, along with byes!

Murray is competent so an injury at any position and he'll fill the flex/RB2 spot. Plus there's still whoever I get in free agency. Byes I can handle with fill in that won't cripple me. 8-12 points is more than enough for a fill in.

Man, all this talk about trading makes me want to send some offers.

I'm gonna try to post the updated standings here tomorrow sometime. I missed the past couple weeks since I was on vacation.

Man, all this talk about trading makes me want to send me offers.

I'm gonna try to post the updated standings here tomorrow sometime. I missed the past couple weeks since I was on vacation.
Sweet! And yeah, I feel like sending some more offers as well, but I'm content where I'm at, as long as Charles finds his way to RB1/2 status. Could definitely use a TE, but it's not nearly that serious

Vyer

just been looking up some Premier numbers, decided to waste a little time tonight :)

through 5 weeks

Top five highest bids and their current position rankings total points:

1. Antonio Brown ($69 Putin Karate Chop) – 1st
2. Todd Gurley (61 DinosaurBoner) – 16th
3. Odell Beckham Jr (60 Kap’N Crunch) – 26th
4. Julio Jones (57 Straw Hat Pirates) – 8th
5. Ezekiel Elliott (57 Blahoholics) – 3rd

(some of the) Best performers $5 and under by position rankings (top 10 total points):

Tevin Coleman ($5 Putin Karate Chop) – 7th
Matt Ryan ($3 Blahoholics) – 1st
Matthew Stafford ($1 Straw Hat Pirates) – 5th
Dak Prescott ($1 BT’s Skullcrackers) – 8th
Derek Carr ($3 Reigning Champion) – 3rd
Isiah Crowell ($1 Kap’N Crunch) – 10th
Zach Miller ($3 Reigning Champion) – 4th

Top 5 by position and their draft bids (If applicable)

QB
1. Matt Ryan ($3 Blahoholics) 124.60 points
2. Ben Roethlisberger ($12 OnlyGoodellForgives) 115.64
3. Derek Carr ($3 Reigning Champion) 106.92
4. Andrew Luck ($17 King Jameis) 101.66
5. Matthew Stafford ($1 Straw Hat Pirates) 99.12

RB
1. David Johnson ($54 King Jameis) 106.00 points
2. DeMarco Murray ($21 BT’s Skullcrackers) 103.30
3. Ezekiel Elliot ($57 Blahoholics) 95.20
4. LeSean McCoy ($29 King Jameis) 87.70
5. Melvin Gordon ($11 Only Goodell Forgives) 87.10

WR
1. Antonio Brown ($69 Putin Karate Chop) 93.20 points
2. T.Y. Hilton ($27 DinosaurBoner) 86.20
3. Mike Evans ($37 Only Goodell Forgives) 84.90
4. Marvin Jones JR ($9 Blahoholics) 83.40
5. Larry Fitzgerald ($9 Rabid Lobsters) 82.10

TE
1. Greg Olsen ($15 Reigning Champion) 82.10 points
2. Martellus Bennett ($9 DinosaurBoner) 66.50
3. Jordan Reed ($23 Blahoholics) 60.10
4. Zach Miller ($3 Reigning Champion) 53.40
5. Kyle Rudolph (N/A) 52.10

just been looking up some Premier numbers, decided to waste a little time tonight :)

through 5 weeks
Great information! Always like to look back and see just how everyone's draft went in hindsight. Really regretting putting players like Murray on my 'do not draft' list now, although I'm glad that McCoy worked out as the RB1 I knew he'd be (I'm gonna miss him)!

Compbros

Yep, looks like a no go. It's one of the more insane trades I've offered but still thought it was fair. But I'll ride with the team I have for the time being.

Speaking of trades, got the first deal in League 2 sealed. Sending Jeremy Hill away for Jimmy Graham. I spent a nice chunk of auction draft dollars on Hill, but at this point, I'm just gonna cash out and get a solid TE1 out of him.

Speaking of trades, got the first deal in League 2 sealed. Sending Jeremy Hill away for Jimmy Graham. I spent a nice chunk of auction draft dollars on Hill, but at this point, I'm just gonna cash out and get a solid TE1 out of him.

Good deal for both of us, I think. Definitely makes me feel a lot better about my RB depth, and I still have Walker/Eifert to roll out at TE. Graham was awesome his last couple weeks, he's an immediate and obvious upgrade for you at TE.

It's still in the two day review period, but is scheduled to clear before they both play this weekend.

WEEK 6 STANDINGS

GJLP

tGYJtrz.png

7 teams sitting at 3-2 in GJL2 (including 5 in the same division!) Shaping up to be an interesting season. No unbeatens in GJLP and GJL2 either!

WEEK 6 STANDINGS

7 teams sitting at 3-2 in GJL2 (including 5 in the same division!) Shaping up to be an interesting season. No unbeatens in GJLP and GJL2 either!
Man, GJLP Bound looking to fulfill his prophecy lol. And I wonder what the undefeated and the winless teams look like

wbsmcs

Man, GJLP Bound looking to fulfill his prophecy lol. And I wonder what the undefeated and the winless teams look like

Im Straight Cash Homie and hit with my top 3 picks of Julio, Evans, and Hilton. Was high in all those guys but got extremely lucky with Hilton breaking out because Moncrief went down.

Spent very little on RB and ended up with Gore, Crowell, Coleman, and Spencer Ware (before the Charles news broke).

The two winless teams I think went very boom-bust in the auction. One of them has Green, Gronk, Zeke, and nothing else.

Im Straight Cash Homie and hit with my top 3 picks of Julio, Evans, and Hilton. Was high in all those guys but got extremely lucky with Hilton breaking out because Moncrief went down.

Spent very little on RB and ended up with Gore, Crowell, Coleman, and Spencer Ware (before the Charles news broke).

The two winless teams I think went very boom-bust in the auction. One of them has Green, Gronk, Zeke, and nothing else.
Wow, that WR core is no joke, and it's not even fair to have your RB's performing way past expectations like that

Compbros

I have depth and my 5 for 2 trade was directed towards them. Give them a downgrade, slight in the case of Green, while upgrading everywhere else. But either they've given up or don't wanna deal.

wbsmcs

I have depth and my 5 for 2 trade was directed towards them. Give them a downgrade, slight in the case of Green, while upgrading everywhere else. But either they've given up or don't wanna deal.

Yea, 0-5 in a free league and not much upside on the team. He's been setting lineups I think for the most part, but probably not going all in and looking for good trade offers everyday.

Broncos O-Line is horrible. Penalty. Penalty. Penalty. Penalty. Penalty that negates a TD. Garbage.
Yeah there were some brutal penalties. That TD run was one of the best runs I've seen this year and then it was called back
I need to stop playing guys in TNF games
Yep! Then you won't have to deal with the stages of grief for 3 days because your player bombed and your projection tanked

Compbros

Matt Jones
Sterling Shepard --> Brandon Marshall
Phillip Dorsett

Gary Barnidge
Duke Johnson Jr --> Jamaal Charles
Jordan Matthews

Second guy starting Duke and Charcandrick West this week lol.

Dorsett is the #2 pass option on a pass happy team, Matt Jones is a solid RB2.

Charles was still 2-3 weeks from playing and still hasn't proven he'll be productive let alone Jamal Charles. Reduced workload is almost guaranteed for the guy at least for the first few games. Barnidge was the best TE late last year and Jordan Mathews is the number 1 WR for the Eagles.

Matt Jones
Sterling Shepard --> Brandon Marshall
Phillip Dorsett

Gary Barnidge
Duke Johnson Jr --> Jamaal Charles
Jordan Matthews

Second guy starting Duke and Charcandrick West this week lol.

Yeah those aren't nowhere near that bad, although I'd still prefer the side getting one player. But if depth is that bad for the team getting 3 players then it's definitely a win win, especially with the bye week hell sequel coming weeks 8 and 9

ironmang

Dorsett is the #2 pass option on a pass happy team, Matt Jones is a solid RB2.

Charles was still 2-3 weeks from playing and still hasn't proven he'll be productive let alone Jamal Charles. Reduced workload is almost guaranteed for the guy at least for the first few games. Barnidge was the best TE late last year and Jordan Mathews is the number 1 WR for the Eagles.

Eh, I just see the rich getting richer by turning waiver wire chaff into potential top 5 players. And that trade was on 10/6 so Charles was just 1 week away from coming back. Meanwhile I can't even have 2 healthy startable backs lol.

Vyer

yeah those look pretty lopsided to me. especially the Charles one. even with the current situation, you aren't getting much return on the potential there (which is the whole reason someone wants to trade for him). throwing in Matthews is icing on the cake.

yeah those look pretty lopsided to me. especially the Charles one. even with the current situation, you aren't getting much return on the potential there (which is the whole reason someone wants to trade for him). throwing in Matthews is icing on the cake.
I'm not even sure which side you're saying is lopsided! That Matthews line in particular is throwing me off

Compbros

Eh, I just see the rich getting richer by turning waiver wire chaff into potential top 5 players. And that trade was on 10/6 so Charles was just 1 week away from coming back. Meanwhile I can't even have 2 healthy startable backs lol.

Yes, he's a potential top 5 play but there's just as much chance he's an RB 2 the rest of the way in the 12-15 range. Jordan Matthews is WR2 territory while Barnidge targets increase weekly and he's averaged 10 points over the last 3 weeks. He's the 9th best TE over the past 4 weeks.

ironmang

Yes, he's a potential top 5 play but there's just as much chance he's an RB 2 the rest of the way in the 12-15 range. Jordan Matthews is WR2 territory while Barnidge targets increase weekly and he's averaged 10 points over the last 3 weeks. He's the 9th best TE over the past 4 weeks.

Still, the guy you traded is starting Duke and West. Obviously he's hurting for RBs and you took his only one anybody would be happy starting for a ~10 TE, ~30 WR, and ~30 RB. Trading should be for filling holes, not trying to stack the shit out of your team in a free league.

Still, the guy you traded is starting Duke and West. Obviously he's hurting for RBs and you took his only one anybody would be happy starting for a ~10 TE, ~30 WR, and ~30 RB. Trading should be for filling holes, not trying to stack the shit out of your team in a free league.

Wait, the dude that traded away Charles is starting Duke as his RB2??? That sounds a lot worse, but if the dude accepted something has to be running thru his mind (or he has a few RB's on bye this week)

And wtf?? Dude is trying to better his team by trading: that's literally the whole point of trading... Are you really mad at him for trying to better his team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom