• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf. show off your pets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorgal

what pets do you have fellow gaffers ?

this is my lovable bundle of joy.

20121224_2321569rdbs.jpg

her name is katchirie.

currently 4 years old.

Moofers

kittehisready.jpg

Lars who is now 4.

2012-01-01185433.jpg

Ivan getting ready to steal puzzle pieces. He is now 3.

2011-09-25123337.jpg
[/URL]
Ivan with his partner in crime, Bird.

Ivan waiting for breakfast

Lars enjoying a nap

The boys at ages 1 & 2

Nellie Squeakie

Pepper P Potts

Pearl Squeakie

Scan10008-1.jpg

Gram Bear Moof hanging with his buddy, Greenie.

Coins

Banned
This is Loki, the labra-dane. We rescued him from a lady who told us he was all lab. However, he just kept growing. Now his face is super long and his ears are ridiculous and he has legs that are crazy for a dog with his body. My vet says he looks half Great Dane now.

Lokisunglasses.jpg

HPIM0530.jpg

Lokiwithbeer.jpg

Yes, that's a penis.

we got him from a rescue shelter. dunno how old he is or what breed he is, but he's pretty chill. just sleeps on people all day.

elseanio

we got him from a rescue shelter. dunno how old he is or what breed he is, but he's pretty chill. just sleeps on people all day.

I recently did a DNA test on Juneau. Not sure how accurate the results can be, but they've done pretty well from just a cheek swab. I thought it was well worth it, as I've taken it to my vet and discussed any issues that an inherent within the breeds he's crossed with.

Here are the results by the way (posted pictures of him above)

The test was £40 from here: UK USA

nilbog21

Banned
I have two Vizsla's, which I love very much

Not the best pics, but they are the ones already on my desktop
o2oZB5R.jpg

wmgk92g.jpg

I also have a dumb cat that hates me
a4Ha6Zj.jpg

I recently did a DNA test on Juneau. Not sure how accurate the results can be, but they've done pretty well from just a cheek swab. I thought it was well worth it, as I've taken it to my vet and discussed any issues that an inherent within the breeds he's crossed with.

Here are the results by the way (posted pictures of him above)

The test was £40 from here: UK USA
Malmute, husky, and German shep looks pretty accurate to me.

Edit: Aw yeah Vizslas are for winners!

Gowans

fPH2Qcb.jpg

Y5rK6uT.jpg

My pooch Indy.

He's two now, he was a recues stray, told he's a Lurcher but he is crazy fast.

Amazing with my 3 year old and baby girl.

e23af0d2c9a311e2afd022000aaa0950_7.jpg

Link (Male, 4 years) and Misho (Female, 9 months)

My kids.

Link is a cross breed of god knows what. His tail was like that when he was born. I think he has Lab and Pischer.

Maiar_m

Gaf cat-owners, any of you live in a flat, with no balcony or outside space for the cat? How does it go, are the pets happy? I'm considering getting one, but they'll only be allowed outside on some weekends spent at my parent's place, so I'm looking for various feedback...

182101_10100631058859836_61276993_n.jpg

If I could have a bear as a pet sexy bear would be it. #norainbow

478616_993806007943_1079419614_o.jpg

Meet Caesar. He's a 120lb St. Bernard; a gentle giant and drooling sack of goofiness.

341265_841239053343_1046228116_o.jpg

The little one on the far right is Kiwi. I don't know what she's mixed with, but she is a straight mut and never gets sick.

Gaf cat-owners, any of you live in a flat, with no balcony or outside space for the cat? How does it go, are the pets happy? I'm considering getting one, but they'll only be allowed outside on some weekends spent at my parent's place, so I'm looking for various feedback...

I'd recommend a neutered female cat, males can be very territorial and start pissing everywhere even if neutered

Also you need to invest in cat gyms and toys in order for them to be happy and active.

elseanio

There are some cats with medical conditions that require them to stay indoors. Maybe try talking to a rescue centre about it? My friend recently adopted a cat with Cerebellar hypoplasia, and other than a few quirky traits, she is just like any other cat. She needs to remain indoors because she doesn't react to danger as quick as a regular cat would..

I'd recommend a neutered female cat, males can be very territorial and start pissing everywhere even if neutered

Also you need to invest in cat gyms and toys in order for them to be happy and active.

This too. My female cat very very rarely goes outside, despite having a large front and back garden.

Alucrid

Banned
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/478616_993806007943_1079419614_o.jpg[IMG]

Meet Caesar. He's a 120lb St. Bernard; a gentle giant and drooling sack of goofiness.

[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/341265_841239053343_1046228116_o.jpg[IMG]

The little one on the far right is Kiwi. I don't know what she's mixed with, but she is a straight mut and never gets sick.[/QUOTE]

heh, my parents had an awesome st bernard when my dad was in the airforce. yours seems to be on the smaller side though

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
This is our dog, Chewie (whippet / lab mix.. we think.. rescue, just over 7 years old) and a cat we fostered for a while until it could find a home. The cat was originally found wandering around our apartment, but we brought it in, got him his shots and fostered him until we found a nice home.

The cat was originally terrified of the dog, going full arched back whenever it saw the dog. But over the course of a couple of weeks, it came around. Eventually it would sleep with the dog on the couch and bed, and it would even follow us around on our walks outside.

Maiar_m

There are some cats with medical conditions that require them to stay indoors. Maybe try talking to a rescue centre about it? My friend recently adopted a cat with Cerebellar hypoplasia, and other than a few quirky traits, she is just like any other cat. She needs to remain indoors because she doesn't react to danger as quick as a regular cat would..

This too. My female cat very very rarely goes outside, despite having a large front and back garden.

We'll pick up a very young kitten, so I'm afraid medical conditions won't be known (I think); but thanks for the advice. Female, neutered, and lots of toys and stuff to keep them active (that should not be a problem, I work from home these days and we're fussy with cats)

This is Loki, the labra-dane. We rescued him from a lady who told us he was all lab. However, he just kept growing. Now his face is super long and his ears are ridiculous and he has legs that are crazy for a dog with his body. My vet says he looks half Great Dane now.

You can't say all that and not provide a picture where we can see how big he is.

blazeuk

This is one of my cats, his name is Oliver. We've had him for almost 2 years now, we found him when he was a few months old outside our house not looking too good, we tried to find the owner thinking he may have just got lost, but no-one responded (he wasn't chipped nor did he have a collar). The option of putting him in a cat rescue centre in the hope of finding a new home wasn't very appealing at all, so we decided to keep him.

215c6d7c993511e180c9123138016265_7.jpg

Yip (AKA Houdini)

Kip (AKA Fatso, AKA Grouchy)

Looks like I'm crushing him here, but their bodies are actually thinner than they look, its all fur.

123rl

http://i.imgur.com/fPH2Qcb.jpg[/IMG]
http://i.imgur.com/Y5rK6uT.jpg[/IMG]

My pooch Indy.

He's two now, he was a recues stray, told he's a Lurcher but he is crazy fast.

Amazing with my 3 year old and baby girl.

Truly beautiful and very similar to my dog, although a lot skinnier. She's a cross bred whippet. She's 13 now and is the most amazing pet. She had a huge problem with her hip and couldn't walk. It was bad enough where I honestly thought a vet would suggest having her put down. Instead she's had medication and an injection and she is practically cured. It's like she's a puppy again.

undefined by richardaml, on Flickr

undefined by richardaml, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom