• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Best of E3 2017 Voting Thread [Ends: 22nd June 21:55 UTC]

Ryoku

1. Super Mario Odyssey
2. Dragonball Fighter Z
3. Anthem
4. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
5. Metroid Prime 4
6. Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

1. Super Mario Odyssey
2. Kingdom Hearts III
3. Star Wars Battlefront II
4. Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
5. Anthem
6. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
7. Xenoblade 2
8. Yoshi
9. A Way Out
10. Assassin's Creed: Origins

EGOMON

1. God of War
2. Spider Man
3. Days gone
4. Shadow of the Colossus
5. Monster Hunter World
6. Detroit Become Human

Joystick

1. Days Gone
2. God of War
3. Detroit: Become Human
4. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
5. Skyrim VR
6. Spider-Man
7. Gran Turismo Sport
8. Shadow of the Colossus
9. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
10. Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds

brau

1. Super Mario Odyssey
2. The Evil Within 2
3. Dragonball FighterZ
4. A Way Out
5. Monster Hunter: World
6. God of War
7. Spider-Man
8. Metro Exodus
9. Detroit: Become Human
10. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

ryanofcall

1. Mario Odyssey
This looks better with every trailer we get. Trailer had a dinosaur with a moustache in it. So. Yeah.
2. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
It looks a lot more lile XB1, which is one of my all goat's. Can't wait to see more of it!
3. Splatoon 2
SO HYPED FOR SALMON RUN AND NEW STORY
4. A Way Out
This seems new and fresh. It's a nice approach to story driven games!
5. Detroid: Become Human
From what I've heard of the demo, this is going to be revolutionary for narrative experiences!
6. Life Is Strange 2
Life is Strange is another one of my goat's. So obviously I'm hyped!
7. Metroid Prime 4
This took me by surprise so hard, I cant even.
8. Kirby
Kaaaaaaaby! *_* (Kirby is more nostalgic for me than Mario)
9. Spider-Man
This looks like tons of fun! I hope the story telling can hold up!
10. Anthem
I'm not really into Destiny and a lot of people are conpairing these two. But this looks like so much fun!

UberTag

1. Super Mario Odyssey
2. Far Cry 5
3. Vampyr
4. Spider-Man
5. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
6. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
7. South Park: The Fractured But Whole
8. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
9. God of War
10. Hidden Agenda

I'm happy that Metroid Prime 4 is on the way but I can't in good conscience vote for it as it is - for all intents and purposes - vaporware. I'll save my endorsement of that title for an E3 where it's actually showcased. It would be disrespectful for all of these other games that have hours upon hours of developer investment already put into them to do otherwise.

1. Super Mario Odyssey
3. Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
4. Splatoon 2
5. Metroid: Samus Returns
6. Sonic Mania
7. Dragon Ball FighterZ
8. South Park: The Fractured But Whole
9. A Way Out
10. Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony

I need more of Metroid Prime 4 and Beyond Good and Evil 2 to put them on the list.

1. Mario Odyssey
2. Splatoon 2
3. Ni No Kuni 2
5. Mario+Rabbids
6. The Last Night
7. Wolfenstein II
8. Anthem
9. Far Cry 5
10. Yoshi

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
1. Super Mario Odyssey
2. Wolfenstein 2 The New Colossus
3. Dragon Ball FighterZ
4. Splatoon 2
5. Metroid Samus Returns
6. God of War
7. Spiderman
8. Metroid Prime 4
9. Star Wars Battlefront 2
10. Shadow of the Colossus

jonjonaug

1. Super Mario Odyssey - Nintendo wins E3 with one game two years in a row
2. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - This was nice too though. I feel like I'm the only one that likes the sword girl's design, hopefully it's left untouched in overseas versions of the game.
3. Yakuza Kiwami - Been itching to play this since 0
4. Splatoon 2 - It's more Splatoon
5. Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux - It's more mainline SMT
6. Etrian Odyssey V - It's more Etrian Odyssey
7. Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth - Utawarerumono 2 ended with a tremendous "give me the sequel NOW" situation comparable to Digital Devil Saga or Trails in the Sky, and everything I've heard about Utawarerumono 3 makes it sound fantastic.
8. Metroid: Samus Returns - Looks fun and fast
9. Yakuza 6 - I'm a lot more interested in Kiwami, particularly because I haven't played any other Yakuza games besides 0 yet
10. Wolfenstein 2 - Wow a game by a Western developer on here. Looks to be as creative as the first one.

Honorable mentions
Anthem - Looks like Xenoblade Chronicles X as a third person shooter with more online functionality. But I am deadly allergic to "games as a service" style design so I'm a little apprehensive.
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle - Surprisingly interesting? Usually I don't like anything to do with Ubisoft's irritating little mascot characters but "Mario meets XCOM" is weird enough to follow
Metroid Prime 4 - I love Metroid Prime 1 but never finished 2 (key hunt killed me) or 3 (too linear, load times between rooms were long and obvious) despite both being good too. Hopefully 4 doesn't have any deal breakers and keeps what worked with the design from the previous games
Kirby for Switch - It's a Kirby game. It'll probably be a satisfying platforming game that I enjoy played and then forget all about one week after I finish it like the last three main-style Kirby games.

1. Dragon Ball Fighterz
2. Super Mario Odyssey
3. Metroid Samus Returns
4. Dissidia Final Fantasy NT
5. Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite
6. Yoshi
7. Fire Emblem Warriors
8. Pokken Tournament DX
9. Sonic Mania
10. Sonic Forces

1. Dragon Ball FighterZ (PS4, Xbone, PC)
2. Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
3. Shadow of the Colossus remake (PS4)
4. Metroid: Samus Returns (3DS)
5. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (PS4, Xbone, PC)
6. Fire Emblem Warriors (Switch)
7. Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle (Switch)
8. Vampyr (PS4, Xbone, PC)
9. Monster Hunter World (PS4, Xbone, PC)
10. Sonic Forces (Switch, PS4, Xbone, PC)

HM: Starlink and A Way Out

I left out Metroid Prime 4 and The Announced Pokemon game because they didn't have much to show beyond existing

Megatron

I prioritized games releasing this year, as that's what I am most excited for.

1. Super Mario Odyssey
2. Assassin's Creed Origins
3: Metroid: Samus Returns
4. Spider-Man
5. Ni No Kuni 2
6. Xenoblade 2
7. Mario and Luigi Superstar/Bowser's minions
8. Destiny 2
9. Crackdown 3
10. uncharted: Lost Legacy

AudioEppa

1. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
It's from Naughty Dog. Enough said.
2. Detroit: Become Human
Quantic Dream creates games the industry needs more of. Storytelling that's emotionally driven. And cinematic focused.
3. A Way Out
Everything about it clicks with my taste in games.
4. Days Gone
I love Sony's formula. Last of Us x Horizon? Sign me up!
5. Hidden Agenda
I'm a fan of Supermassive Games after Until Dawn. Really happy this isn't a horror game.
6. A Plague Tale: Innocence
Something about it tells me it's gonna be a real emotional game that follows the footsteps of titles such as brothers, rain and the last of us.
7. The Last Night
The atmosphere is beyond words. Really wish it wasn't a platformer thought.
8. Spider-Man
Looks dope. Hopefully the game lets me play it my way. And not force me to explore it's big map.
9. God of War
It's made great changes. My cherry will be popped, hopefully I like it.
10. Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds
A really solid first game, despite my panic attacks every time I got near a animal machine. I'll suffer a little more.

Honorable Mention
1. Call of Duty: World War 2
2. Need For Speed: The Payback
3. Life Is Strange: Before The Storm
Another narrative focus title. I love it. This industry is recognizing the importance of these kind of games.

Crom

1. Mario Odyssey
2. Splatoon 2
3. Metroid Samus Returns
4. Yoshi (I loved Wooly World on Wii U)
5. Wolfenstein
6. Anthem
7. Mario Rabbids
8. Metroid Prime 4 (these last 3 would be higher with real footage but these are huge long awaited titles)
9. Beyond Good and Evil
10. Pokemon RPG (Switch)

1. Super Mario Odyssey
To say that Odyssey is insane would be underselling it, few games dared to try what this game does. The homage to the Homer's Epic runs a bit deeper than meets the eye with blessings and wacky worlds that can at times feel genuinely foreign and unnerving. Yet with keen eyes, clever minds and tight skills, any challenge can be overcome. The improvement to the Health System of Galaxy to be tighter, the highly increased value of coins to be actually important and thus more helpful to the game designers, the incredible variety of activities and situations on display on top of the return of the highly advanced moveset of Super Mario 64 with the new and quite flexible cap abilities are immense in and of themselves. Add in an absolutely joyous theme that exclaims to the world why videogames are a treat to treasure in addition to making potentially every object and enemy in the world controllable in some fashion and you have the stage set for one of the most grandiose experiences of the generation which is rather befitting of its title.

2. Metroid: Samus Returns
A new metroid for the dual screen system was a long time coming. I strongly appreciate the design of metroid's exploration based progression with fun sequence breaking mechanics over the much less tangible exp systems that have defined metroidvania titles for so long. Here, the reimagined world is striking in 3D with depth to every cavern and the bold coloration of Samus' iconic suit. The bosses are also looking quite good with varied movesets and high damage. Adding the flexible free aim system, action parry, as well as macro level management in the new Aeion abilities and metroid, has definitely proven that it is far, far from the grave.

3. Splatoon 2
I am so giddy to get my hands on the full release of the game. Splatoon had a solid base but it needed just a couple tweaks and new modes to really hit the high notes which the sequel aims to do in every respect. Single Player is fleshed out with more replay value with the weapons, more collectibles to bolster its upgrade system, more mechanics to teach and more visual variety to be had with some pretty fine dialogue and improved bosses to boot. The new Horde mode is chaotic in an excellent fashion, demanding constant aggression with the timer to take out enemies and bosses as fast as possible rather than hunkering down in-built up defenses and features significantly more variety and difficulty than was expected previously and seems to constantly throw crazy situations regularly. And of course, the classic multiplayer returns, improved in its strategic elements while removing most of the broken elements that prevented original from achieving its true potential. The new spectator is mode is absolutely killer for the esports scene and the visuals and music are as gorgeous as ever. It just seems like the full package.

This one's a bit less definitive than the others but few game developers make worlds that are as awe-inspiring as that of Monolith Soft. The return to the original game's wide pleasant wide linear structure is enticing but it also brings a bevy of appropriate streamlining decisions that both seem to bolster tactical combat and tactility in controlling the character. There seems to be a lot more to learn about the behavior of enemies which is a smart lesson taken from Xenoblade X and cutscene direction seems back to the standards of the first game which is very exciting. And the soundtrack team is a combo for the ages.

Wanderer5

1. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus ; I had faint thoughts of looking into New Order before, but man did I went to get it the first sale I saw and download after this was shown. Wolf II impressed me so much to push that. It was a great trailer that showed quite a few intriguing things that looks to make this game so awesome and badass, and I love the premise of going to ignite the second american revolution in a nazi-ruled america. Also a whole level being a badass in a wheelchair.

2. Metroid: Samus Returns ; This gets the edge of show of the show for me. I am so happy for Metroid to be returning so soon (and being a 2.5D at that), and the demo look really impressive.

3. Super Mario Odyssey ; Was excited for this quite a bit already, and this showing at E3 continues to do so. Looks quite imaginative with the whole geist thing it is going for. Whenever I get the switch, this will be one of the first to get.

4. Dragon Ball FighterZ ; Unlike the rest of my top 5, this wouldn't be something I would get, but by damn does it looks really impressive. Arc System is just nailing it with the style and animations.

5. Dishonored: Death of the Outsider ; More Dishonored goodness with Billie and Daud returning, not much more to say.

Might add up to 7 later.

1. Spider-Man
2. Monster Hunter World
3. God of War
4. Super Mario Odyssey
5. Dragon Ball Fighter Z
6. Wolfenstein The New Colossus
7. Days Gone
8. Evil Within 2

Ravage

1. God of War
2. Spider-Man
3. Kingdom Hearts III
4. Yakuza 6
5. Detroit: Become Human
6. Dissidia: Final Fantasy NT
7. Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
8. Uncharted the Lost Legacy
9. Shadow of the Colossus
10. Days Gone

Majora

1. Super Mario Odyssey
2. Wolfenstein 2
3. Spider-Man
4. Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
5. Shadow of the Colossus
6. A Way Out
7. The Evil Within 2
8. Anthem
9. Yoshi

1. Super Mario Odyssey
2. Spider-Man
3. God of War
5. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
6. Assassin's Creed Origins
7. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
8. Anthem
9. A Way Out
10. Star Wars Battlefront II

Endo Punk

1. The Evil Within 2.
2. God of War.
3. A Way Out.
4. Ashen.
5. Uncharted The Lost Legacy.
6. Cuphead.
7. Law Breakers.
8. Shadow of the Colossus.

1. God of War
2. Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus
3. Spider-Man
4. Super Mario Odyssey
6. Days Gone
7. Evil Within 2
8. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
9. Crackdown 3
10. Uncharted: Lost Legacy

livelifelove13

Neo Member
1. Super Mario Odyssey
2. Detroit
3. Mario + Rabbids
4. Skull & Bones
5. Yoshi
6. Splatoon 2
7. Shadow of the Colossus
8. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
9. Metroid: Samus Returns
10. Spider-Man

eXistor

1. Super Mario Odyssey
2. The Evil Within 2
3. Yoshi (2018)
4. Metroid: Samus Returns
5. Detroit: Become Human
6. Wolfenstein II: the New Colossus
7. Mario X Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
9. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
10. Days Gone

Donthizz#

1. Spiderman
2. God of War
3. Ni No Kuni II
4. Days Gone
5. Anthem
6. Assassins Creed
7. Dissidia
8. Monster hunter
9. Xenoblade 2

kaiyo

1. Dragon Ball FighterZ
2. Spider-Man
3. God of War
4. Monster Hunter World
5. Days Gone
6. Star Wars Battlefront II
7. Anthem

Tratorn

1. God of War
2. Monster Hunter Worlds
3. Spider-Man

I'll probably edit in more games later, but these are my most anticipated after this years E3.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
1. Super Mario Odyssey
2. God of War
3. Spider-Man
5. Kingdom Hearts 3
6. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
7. Ni No Kuni II
9. Dragon Ball FighterZ
10. Tunic

Honorable mentions:
x. Beyond Good & Evil 2
x. Anthem
x. Dissidia Final Fantasy NT
x. Middle-earth: Shadow of War
x. Etrian Odyssey V

T.O.P

Banned
1. Super Mario Odissey
2. Dragon Ball Fighter Z
3. The Last Night
4. Anthem
5. Forza Motorsport 7
6. Ori & The will of the Wisp
7. Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
8. Pokken Tournament DX
9. Metroid Prime 4
10. Rocket League Switch

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
1. Super Mario Odyssey - We saw 1% of the game, and it still showed an abundance of gameplay ideas. Just like Naughty Dogs, this Mario team is in a god-tier league of its own.
2. Fifa 18 on Switch - my dream, a legit portable version of my favorite series. The game I'll play the most, until Fifa 19
3. Splatoon 2- I loved Splatoon and they made it an even better game, the single player footage was my favorite thing yesterday

I'll limit my votes to these 3. I saw other good games, yet little I consider must haves, that I could rank. I felt pretty disappointed by this E3 tbh, but my hype will surely increase as release dates approach.

1. Beyond Good & Evil 2
2. Super Mario Odyssey
3. Spider-Man
4. Anthem
6. Splatoon 2
7. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
8. Star Wars Battlefront II
9. Monster Hunter World
10. Metroid: Samus Returns

zashga

1. Super Mario Odyssey ; Looks really fantastic. The return to huge, free form worlds is interesting, and the new mechanics look great. Hard to believe we get this and BotW in the same year.

2. Dragonball Fighter Z ; Came out of nowhere to claim all that residual longing for a fighting game after SF5 face planted last year. Looks and sounds incredible, and the developer pedigree is reassuring that it won't be all flash, no substance.

3. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle ; Surprised how awesome this looks; totally different direction than I expected. I'm totally down for a light-hearted Xcom with familiar characters and some surprisingly excellent art and music.

4. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 ; Looks a little rough, and I'm still not entirely convinced we'll really get it this year, but I'm totally down for another story-focused Xenoblade. The character designs seem to be a mixed bag, but honestly that's always been the case for this series. Music sounds great. World seems cool at first blush.

5. Monster Hunter World ; It's a shame this one is clouded by Capcom's general crappiness surrounding XX and the Switch, but World still looks really cool. Impressions seem pretty positive, so I'm expecting to pick this one up next year. Hopefully the PC port is good and Sony allows cross play.

6. Beyond Good & Evil 2 ; CG trailers are generally worthless, but this one was at least interesting. Hoping this time BG&E2 is more than vaporware.

gargles

1. Super Mario Odyssey
2. Shadow of the Colossus
3. Spider-Man
4. Kingdom Hearts III
5. God of War
6. Beyond Good and Evil 2
7. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
8. Anthem
9. Monster Hunter: World
10. Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom

1. God of War
2. A Way Out
3. Days Gone
5. Metro Exodus
6. Spiderman
7. Uncharted Lost Legacy
8. Monster Hunter: World
9. Spiderman
10. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

1. Super Mario Odyssey
3. Metroid Prime 4
4. Splatoon 2
6. Fire Emblem Warriors
7. Spider-Man
8. Metroid: Samus Returns
9. Kirby
10. Yoshi

Moaradin

1. Dragon Ball Fighter Z
2. Super Mario Odyssey
3. Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus
4. Anthem

itshutton

1. Spiderman
2. God of War
3. Detroit Become Human
4. Mario Odyssey
5. A Way Out
6. The Inpatient
7. Sea of Thieves
8. Pokémon Switch

KZObsessed

1. Monster Hunter World
2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
4. God of War
5. Days Gone
6. Spiderman
7. Shadow of the Colossus
8. Ni No Kuni II
9. Kingdom Hearts III
10. Anthem

Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds would have been number 1 if they'd shown gameplay footage.

I thought it was a great E3 this year.

Arion

1. Monster Hunter World
2. God of War
3. Spider-Man
4. The Evil Within 2
5. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
6. Middle-earth : Shadow of War
7. Dishonored Death of the Outsider
8. Dragon Ball Fighter Z
9. Anthem
10. Ace combat 7: Skies Unknown

random25

1. Super Mario Odyssey
3. Metroid Prime 4
5. Dragon Ball Fighter Z
6. Spider-Man
7. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
8. Kirby

Honorable Mention:
x. ARMS ; Or should I say Mr. Yabuki. I dunno if this would count if on the main list since it's pretty much out today but yeah I'll just put this game here for that memorable thug finals.

Top Bottom