• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer July cover story: Halo 5 [Up: Character Shots]

VinFTW

The in game models look fucking nuts. Nathan fillions face looks amazing.

Most hyped game of the year/this gen so far for me.

This sounds like it will be a significant shift in mood from the solo with Cortana's voice in our heads. Makes me pretty apprehensive.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Added this to the OP, but the digital version will be available later today. If anyone can write up summaries later I'll add them in (I don't have a sub).

It's Buck!

gubzvGr

Damn, embed isn't working: http://imgur.com/gubzvGr

Holy SHIT BUCK IS BACK AND HE LOOKS AMAZING!!!!!

THANK YOU STINKLES YOU BEAUTIFUL BASTARD!

Outrun

Awesome,

I hope that 343i will not forget Big Team Battle and Firefight modes....

Please....

Everything that I am seeing from Halo 5 is ace.

Raide

I'm guessing from the story that Linda will likely start out with a Sniper rifle, and maybe some other tidbits that throws some homage back to their unique characteristics as spartans. Maybe Kelly gets the 110% speed, lol.

Still don't quite get the whole Locke chasing down MC aspect, and I imagine people will be leery of that given how well the Arbiter was received in 2, but I suppose we'll have to wait and see.

I am expecting it to be a ODST style investigation and stealth aspect which is woven around the full on gunfights and epic encounters as MC. Locke will start to uncover interesting and deeper lore on MC for the players and the MC section will continue to be shooting grunts tills they explode.

This game being good or bad will be the deciding factor of if I get an Xbox One or PS4. I have a huge soft spot for halo since it was the main game I played growing up.

It's funny how it feels like many of those quotes from the different 343 people (about it being Halo for a new generation, new but still Halo etc) were in the Halo 4 reveal trailers too.

Looking forward to seeing more :)

Euron

Return of Blue Team? Four player co-op with unique classes for each character? I'm very interested to hear more about this. And hopefully that new mode is a massive big team mode. And can we please get Invasion back?

Also, no mention of Spartan Ops or Firefight. Do we have news on either of them being in the game?

Also, Buck confirmed.
WAIT WHAT? Buck from ODST?! Awesome, I've been waiting for him to come back.

Kinyou

Having Kelly etc. make the jump into the game is great to hear. I just hope they introduce them properly and don't just have them go "oh hey, what's up"

Also not that happy that this apparently means that you'll always have three people around you. Guess the Locke missions might be more solo focused. Edit: oh, he's with fireteam Osiris :/

Somnia

For those questioning why Locke is hunting Chief... you really REALLY should listen to Hunt The Truth. It pretty much sets up why this is happening. I mean it hasn't 100% explained it yet, but you can pretty much gather what is happening in the lead up to Halo 5...

https://soundcloud.com/huntthetruth

The season finale is this Sunday with a 2 part finale. EXTREMELY well written and acted web series.

I hope each Blue Team member retains their skills that were described in the books, and I hope they translate into the gameplay. Kelly's incredible speed, Linda's unparalleled marksmanship, etc.

Kinsella

Banned
I love playing Halo games, but I'm not a lore fanatic. Remind me of who Blue team is. Is that the guys/gal from Reach?

Top Bottom