• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAME selling Captain Toad in the UK early, online orders already, instore Monday

Raggytash

GAME being GAME, I suppose. Hate giving those twats anything but being the only shop in town that sells anything Wiiu related, I'm SOL. :(

LAA

Yesterday I cancelled my preorder from ShopTo to GAME after hearing the news...

...today I cancelled my GAME one after it never dispatched and ordered it from ShopTo...

...15 minutes later: ShopTo have dispatched it.

Love you again, ShopTo!

Ha ha yeah exactly the same story here for me too.

Robin64

Wonder if the Miiverse community will go up before Jan 2nd? Had to resort to Twitter! Loved this illusion painting:

B5Oaid7CAAMLc04.jpg:large

Axass

Nintendo had to translate it and that takes time. The US version just got done a few weeks ago, but PAL requires multi-5 translation.

And instead of printing discs with a buggy piece of crap version and releasing a day 1 patch (pull a Ubisoft), they decided to delay the game for a few weeks.

gamecollection, come on. I preordered it weeks ago. Pls. Jimi needs Captain Toad.

Excuse me? They're shipping the PAL version, right now. That means the translation is done, they just decided not to sell it before Christmas.

Bored of waiting for Game so I cancelled my order. Ordered at Shopto with four minutes to spare so unless they're lying, they should ship it like NOW

Yazoo91

Neo Member
Cancelled my GAME and Amazon orders and ordered with ShopTo a couple hours ago, I haven't had a dispatch email though it says my order is complete and they've charged me so I hope it'll be on its way soon, never used them before. Would love to be playing this over Christmas...

JonnyKong

I ordered a copy from Game on Wednesday night.

Got an email confirming shipment on Thursday daytime.

Didn't turn up today :(

I know I shouldn't take this for granted, but I'll be most upset if it doesn't turn up tomorrow!

JoeM86

I ordered a copy from Game on Wednesday night.

Got an email confirming shipment on Thursday daytime.

Didn't turn up today :(

I know I shouldn't take this for granted, but I'll be most upset if it doesn't turn up tomorrow!
GAME typically take two days from shipping to arriving. It did for me.

Don't fret :)

Symtendo

How long until Nintendo just say "sod it" and bung it up on the eshop?

I'd even purchase the download code from Game to thank them for forcing the issue!

RyType

My copy arrived! Wasn't expecting it so soon!! Now I have to be patient and wait cause my niece and nephew want to play. Sigh.

Omikaru

Oh ok, maybe it'll arrive on Monday. Was hoping to have it for the weekend.

If RM are doing Sunday deliveries this weekend then you could get it tomorrow. Or it could arrive later this evening if they are doing two rounds a day.

I haven't checked what their delivery times are going to be this year because I haven't ordered much online, so I don't know.

Shahadan

Amazon france sent me an email to tell me the game will be shipped earlier than january and will arrive on christmas. Yay!

Just picked up a copy from argos. Present for my younger brother so he will be pretty shocked come Christmas Day as he thinks it's out in Jan.

Got my dispatch email from ShopTo yesterday but my delivery address is to work because I wasn't expecting it to ship so soon. Was going to change the address closer to the 2nd. I hope it's delivered before 24th!!

EDIT:
ShopTo are usually fantastic for delivery but recently have been crap, hence my concern. No dispatch emails and items taking over a week to arrive. Must be Christmas causing it.

Shotterke

I still didn't receive my dispatch mail today so I contacted GAME support. They told me that my copy has been shipped (even though my order still shows unshipped) and that I should receiver it in the next few days (I'm from Belgium so shipping takes longer.).

Nintendo offices:

"Guys, I'm just brainstorming here, but why don't we sell our next big game BEFORE Christmas?"

"By Jove, I think you might be on to something!"

budpikmin

Does anyone know what price GAME are selling this for in store? I ask because the store price is often higher than online (smash was £50) and I'd like to pick this up on my lunch break.

dopan

Neo Member
I don't know about Smyths in the UK, but my local Smyths in Dublin had Captain Toad available to purchase and collect the next day in the online store. Picked mine up last night!

Strangely, some of the other Smyths stores around the city don't have this option, and are still showing it as a preorder.

Also, can we possibly get a mod to change the title to something along the lines of "Various retailers in the EU selling Captain Toad early"? Seems like we've been discussing other retailers/countries for a few pages now.

Edit: forgot to mention it was €39.99, as opposed to Gamestop's preorder price of €59.99.

jimi_dini

Excuse me? They're shipping the PAL version, right now. That means the translation is done, they just decided not to sell it before Christmas.

It just went faster than they expected.
They wanted to sell it before christmas. They just didn't think that they would make it.

What you are saying doesn't make sense. Game and others are obviously selling it right now. If Nintendo explicitly decided that they do not want to sell it before christmas, then this would not have happened.

btw. all you people, that already got it, I hate you all :p damn gamecollection!!!! damn you!!!!

Bedlam

So jealous of you guys.

It's beyond stupid to sell this game right after Christmas over here (I'm in Germany). It'd be the perfect game for this time of the year. :-/

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
This was on the shelves in HMV Oxford Street. Would have gotten it, but I'm getting Tropical Freeze for Christmas instead.

Just biking in to say that I put a few hours into this yesterday and it's brilliant fun. Anyone still on the fence needs to go and treat themselves to a copy, it's delightful!

hiro4

Game now has the download codes up on their website.

I'm guessing though you won't get the download code until Nintendo put the game on the eShop. And if you get it earlier it probably won't work.

If Nintendo put it up this week it would be a Christmas miracle.

My local GAME were clueless as to whether they were getting any stock in today. Told me to call them at 11:30 when their delivery comes in. At least they were honest about it.

Top Bottom