• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAME selling Captain Toad in the UK early, online orders already, instore Monday

Axass

It just went faster than they expected.
They wanted to sell it before christmas. They just didn't think that they would make it.

What you are saying doesn't make sense. Game and others are obviously selling it right now. If Nintendo explicitly decided that they do not want to sell it before christmas, then this would not have happened.

btw. all you people, that already got it, I hate you all :p damn gamecollection!!!! damn you!!!!

They set the street date to January 2nd, it's still January 2nd, if they wanted to sell it early they would have changed the street date and informed customers. Game and ShopTo are clearly breaking the street date, if Nintendo just gave everybody the ok to sell it early, Amazon would sell it too, but that's not the case.

They set the street date to January 2nd, it's still January 2nd, if they wanted to sell it early they would have changed the street date and informed customers. Game and ShopTo are clearly breaking the street date, if Nintendo just gave everybody the ok to sell it early, Amazon would sell it too, but that's not the case.

not necessarily, maybe nintendo has better relations with Game than they do with Amazon.

I took the plunge, bought it digitally from Game.

Got the code, redeemed it

The item corresponding to the download code you entered is not currently being distributed. Please check the release date for this item. If it is not yet being distributed, please try again after the release date.

Soapy Slick

Neo Member
My local GAME were clueless as to whether they were getting any stock in today. Told me to call them at 11:30 when their delivery comes in. At least they were honest about it.

I phoned my local GAME today and they told me they had plenty in. "Yeah, sure. Captain Toad......Treasure Tracker? We have loads.Come on down, mate." When I got there, they told me it's not being released until the 2nd of January. I spoke to a manager about the phone call and he denied it ever happened. I'm not bitter about it.

I'm going to try the Bullring in Birmingham now.

Sales figures are probably going to inaccurate for this game in the UK at least (NOE will know how much they shipped though). Chart-Track don't seem to track the broken street date sales or if they do then it sold less than Mass Effect 3.
Captain Toad, more like Captain Bomba.

I'm afraid so.
I wish I could use it for the DDP as the final game.
Now I have to find something else to get my final code.
The Cynic in me says this the whole reason for the 2015 release.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Ordered online from GAME. It was apparently dispatched on 19th, but I still haven't got my copy. Sigh.

LAA

Got my copy from ShopTo today too :D
Weird how Nintendo hasnt commented on it yet, and a more curious question, why did Nintendo delay it to 2015 if it was clearly ready to sell before christmas?

nibblemonkey

Neo Member
My local GAME were selling it today, had to go ask specifically for it though as they weren't telling people about it for some reason

I phoned my local GAME today and they told me they had plenty in. "Yeah, sure. Captain Toad......Treasure Tracker? We have loads.Come on down, mate." When I got there, they told me it's not being released until the 2nd of January. I spoke to a manager about the phone call and he denied it ever happened. I'm not bitter about it.

I'm going to try the Bullring in Birmingham now.

Tried telling me this too. Said 'Yes, we've got it. But it's not out until the 2nd'. Luckily, the guy I spoke to on the phone said it was okay to sell it to me, however he ended the conversation with 'people aren't really meant to know about us selling it'. So they might be breaking the street date, and trying to do so quietly.

nibblemonkey

Neo Member
Tried telling me this too. Said 'Yes, we've got it. But it's not out until the 2nd'. Luckily, the guy I spoke to on the phone said it was okay to sell it to me, however he ended the conversation with 'people aren't really meant to know about us selling it'. So they are clearly breaking the street date, and trying to do so quietly.

I doubt they are breaking any dates just because they clearly have a strong working relationship with Nintendo seen by how they always exclusively get the special editions of Nintendo games, it doesn't seem like it worth risking that just to sell Captain Toad early

I doubt they are breaking any dates just because they clearly have a strong working relationship with Nintendo seen by how they always exclusively get the special editions of Nintendo games, it doesn't seem like it worth risking that just to sell Captain Toad early

Yeah, I suppose, the guy in store just seemed taken aback that I had asked for it. Was strange though that they hadn't even set a space out for it in store yet, or anything. There website doesn't currently have a release date and Heavy said that he can't download the copy until 'after the release date'.

Something is strange, however that just might be my backwater GAME store.

nibblemonkey

Neo Member
Yeah, I suppose, the guy in store just seemed taken aback that I had asked for it. Was strange though that they hadn't even set a space out for it in store yet, or anything. There website doesn't currently have a release date and Heavy said that he can't download the copy until 'after the release date'.

Something is strange, however that just might be my backwater GAME store.

I don't think it is, there is definatly something odd with this whole thing mainly because Nintendo hasn't said anything. Then again it's odd in the first place to release it on January 2nd considering how difficult it would be to make sure online orders get there in time

I don't think it is, there is definatly something odd with this whole thing mainly because Nintendo hasn't said anything. Then again it's odd in the first place to release it on January 2nd considering how difficult it would be to make sure online orders get there in time

Has GAME even said anything? I couldn't see anything on their Twitter but I only skimmed through. ANd you would've thought Nintendo would make a little song and dance about it, Holiday game and all. But nada. And January 2nd is a really bad choice, why they just didn't release it on December 19th, I'll never know.

However, I've got my copy now so I'm happy.

seb_n

Just picked up a copy at my local game, looking forward to playing it tonight! They werent out ont he shelf when i entered, although when i was looking, one of the staff members started to put them out.

nibblemonkey

Neo Member
Has GAME even said anything? I couldn't see anything on their Twitter but I only skimmed through. ANd you would've thought Nintendo would make a little song and dance about it, Holiday game and all. But nada. And January 2nd is a really bad choice, why they just didn't release it on December 19th, I'll never know.

However, I've got my copy now so I'm happy.

Some of the Twitter accounts of the local stores appear to of mentioned it but that's it

budpikmin

Just picked up a copy at GAME in Camden. They didn't have any on the shelf, I had to ask at the checkout. They are selling it for £34.99 in store btw.

Empty

i got one today at game. it wasn't on the miniscule wii u rack and the staff member seemed baffled by the name, but it was on the shelf behind the checkout desk next to smash bros, so i just pointed at it and got sold it.

i'm over the moon. a christmas miracle.

Cosmozone

I was delighted to see today that Captain Toad is available at least in some places in Germany. I got it at Müller. There was only one copy, though. Played a bit before christmas. :)

My local GAME were clueless as to whether they were getting any stock in today. Told me to call them at 11:30 when their delivery comes in. At least they were honest about it.

Picked up a copy yesterday. Asked a girl who worked there on Saturday. "I've read online that you're getting this in on Mon."
She had no clue. I went in anyway and struck gold.

Top Bottom