• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gameblog (French, PS4 Pro reveal date leak) feeds the NX rumor mill

Games. This device is supposed to combine all of Nintendo's output onto one platform, which means the major selling point will be the pure volume of first party Nintendo games. They need a reveal showing off at least a dozen first party games to hammer home the point that this device will have a very constant stream of first party software.

That's my best guess as to why they're taking so long- preparing those games and trailers.

Oh this is going to be great....

orioto

Good Art™
Not that i believe the rumor, nor that i think the console would be powerful enough to have a FFXV port, but....

To those who think it would be crazy from SE to do that.. You realize a NX version could outsell the PS4 version in Japan right ? I mean, maybe not at launch, but it could sell a lot.

cireza

In France we often call this website Gameblague, which literally translates to Gamejoke.

But you can of course choose to believe what this guy says :)

Anyway, this is simply a summary of existing rumors, and wishlist of games.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I'll be buying it day one, assuming there's compelling software at launch, but otherwise I've still got a healthy Wii U and 3DS backlog to plow through, so Nintendo can take their time on this one.

The outright...rage people seem to have over the NX is always hilarious though.

Please let the dongle be true. It's what I wanted from the beginning. There isn't any reason that the amazing streaming tech in the Wii U needs to go to waste (especially after they likely spent an inordinate amount of money in R&D developing the solution).

I absolutely love the freedom of off tv play on the Wii U gamepad and definitely hope NX will emulate or improve that experience.
The on-TV/off-TV thing seems key to a hybrid... but I don't really get the appeal of doing the image transmission wirelessly without a dock. If you're playing long at home you probably want it connected to something for power anyway, and Wii U's image transmission to the GamePad was less than perfect. Wireless image transmission for NX seems like extra hassle for negative benefit.
MoonFrog said:
Moreover, FFXV will be pretty old by the time an NX port would come, unless they are already working on it in secret :p.
Ehh, in the past few years we've been seeing FF V, VI, VII, X, XIII, and soon XII popping up on various platforms. I don't think being late is alone a killer in S-E's mind. And if they plan on doing more XV sequels or XV universe content for some time, it will remain relevant.

Oregano

The biggest reason FFXV is obviously BS is that Tabata directly said they're not doing it.

If you compare that to what Yoshida said about FFXIV("We're open to it" paraphrased) or what Fujimoto said about DQ Builders ("We're looking into it" paraphrased).

AdanVC

FFXV AND 7 Remake coming to NX????? Hell to the yes!! Wanted to buy a PS4 just for FFXV but if this turns out to be true (PLEASE) I will wait till the NX version instead.

jett

D-Member
I hope it is true. Something like the Chromecast lends itself to being used more often, and hopefully it can be used as a DLNA receiver if Nintendo ever wants to do media (Since it will likely use an OS thats terrible for media and apps)

Also, it lends itself better to local multiplayer, like what the Wii U should have been.

One part I actually dislike is the breakaway controllers. very inelegant solution.

I'm not interesting in playing on some compressed stream on my TV at all.

MoonFrog

Games. This device is supposed to combine all of Nintendo's output onto one platform, which means the major selling point will be the pure volume of first party Nintendo games. They need a reveal showing off at least a dozen first party games to hammer home the point that this device will have a very constant stream of first party software.

That's my best guess as to why they're taking so long- preparing those games and trailers.

They better bring the games...it's been a long drought and I hope that is just them going all in on NX rather than running into development problems.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
So a new Splinter Cell comes out in time for NX but hasnt launched for PS4 or XBO yet.

Either its going to be something most wont want or this is to be taken with a huuuuuge grain of salt.

Aters

Not that i believe the rumor, nor that i think the console would be powerful enough to have a FFXV port, but....

To those who think it would be crazy from SE to do that.. You realize a NX version could outsell the PS4 version in Japan right ? I mean, maybe not at launch, but it could sell a lot.

How so? Wii was the best selling console in Japan last gen and Xenoblade was the best JRPG last gen, look how it sold.

Oregano

Absolutely, and there's really no excuse if they don't have a very compelling lineup for launch and the first year. I just really can't imagine what else they would be waiting for at this point.

There's always the possibility that Nintendo is just incompetent. Four of their five mobile games have been delayed.

Lol at doubting Nintendo isn't going to have a lot of software for NX. It's already apparent with pretty much nobody from Nintendo developing for NX for up to years now and Kimishima clearly stated he wanted more software for NX.

I can't wait to see the amount of amazing NX games there will be.

How so? Wii was the best selling console in Japan last gen and Xenoblade was the best JRPG last gen, look how it sold.

Because it's also a handheld. Japan loves handhelds more than anything. Xenoblade for n3DS missed the boat, but a portable FFXV would just destroy all of them.

There's always the possibility that Nintendo is just incompetent. Four of their five mobile games have been delayed.

Er, no excuse bar incompetency, yeah.

For the record though I think there will be a very surprising (surprisingly high) amount of games shown at the reveal. Based on nothing of course.

The biggest reason FFXV is obviously BS is that Tabata directly said they're not doing it.

If you compare that to what Yoshida said about FFXIV("We're open to it" paraphrased) or what Fujimoto said about DQ Builders ("We're looking into it" paraphrased).

Not only that, he specifically said FFXV at launch, in March :")

Besides being new to the market, I was under the presumption that Mario Run was actually bumped up because they decided to put more people on it.

Oregano

Er, no excuse bar incompetency, yeah.

For the record though I think there will be a very surprising (surprisingly high) amount of games shown at the reveal. Based on nothing of course.

I think it will be higher than normal just down to the fact it will be much closer to launch. From first party at least, I'm expecting historically terrible third party support(I think Japanese publishers are going to surprise us in a bad way).

Not only that, he specifically said FFXV at launch, in March :")

Yeah, they'd have to be already working on it. Especially considering how much extra optimization it would take even if it was feasible.

EDIT:

Besides being new to the market, I was under the presumption that Mario Run was actually bumped up because they decided to put more people on it.

That's the one of the five. Miitomo, Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem were all publicly delayed and the unannounced game isn't coming out this fiscal year now.

udivision

You actually believe FFXV can run on a handheld?

That's not the question here.

I don't think it will be strong enough, but theoretically by virtue of being a a handheld in Japan the NX will sell more hardware and software than any console.

Kyzer

Banned
FFXV isn't coming to NX and VIIr is a timed exclusive for Sony I believe.

Also, Gameblog is like the tabloids of French media so I doubt anybody will take them seriously.

Please stop talking as if you know anything, its really fucking annoying. Thanks.

TheChaos

- Lots of remasters planned (Skyward Sword, MK8, Splatoon, Smash, N64 and Wii games)

9wY8D.gif

FFXV is build on SE proprietary engine. SE said they need around one year after launch to port it to PC. ONE YEAR. ON PC. You know, that thing where they're did the development for 10 years or so.

If it takes one year to port to PC, imagine how long it would take to port the engine to NX where it would need also a lot of optimisation.

FFXV on NX is as fantasy as it gets at this point.

FFXV taking one year to release on PC is surely not a technical thing. Rather, it's more likely the short-sighted business practices of Square Enix - in which PC is deemed a platform for console double dippers rather than a legitimate, healthy and growing platform in itself. Also, the claim of 10 years development time is dubious at best. They've spent a lot of that time mismanaging other stuff.

This is not to say anything about the NX, but your reasoning is way off.

Oregano

Why not? I'm sure NX is more than capable. You guys must not have played the game, it's not that graphically intensive. I'd put it right there with BoTW (I played both within like an hour of eachother, the Wii U version looked almost as good as X1 FFXV.)

I've admittedly not played either but just from videos it's clear FFXV is a lot more advanced technologically and even it wasn't they've clearly struggled to optimize it for XBO and PS4 and NX would be weaker than the XBO there.

Please stop talking as if you know anything, its really fucking annoying. Thanks.

10k is just speaking sense in this instance, no insider-pretending. FFVIIr was quite suspiciously only said to be "First on PS4" not that I think that means an NX release.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Is SMD going to use this in one of his YouTube videos? Because he mentioned this Julian person is a recent video and said how Gameblog said NX would be a powerful console as proof for what he (SMD) wants.

Lmao

You know he will.

FFXV taking one year to release on PC is surely not a technical thing. Rather, it's more likely the short-sighted business practices of Square Enix - in which PC is deemed a platform for console double dippers rather than a legitimate, healthy and growing platform in itself. Also, the claim of 10 years development time is dubious at best. They've spent a lot of that time mismanaging other stuff.

This is not to say anything about the NX, but your reasoning is way off.

Did I mention anywhere that the PC port delay it's a technical thing? I thought the caps made it pretty clear that I was sarcastic about the ability of SE to juggle with these ports. And if you add on top of this mess the fact that it will actually need optimising for NX ...

Kyzer

Banned
I've admittedly not played either but just from videos it's clear FFXV is a lot more advanced technologically and even it wasn't they've clearly struggled to optimize it for XBO and PS4 and NX would be weaker than the XBO there.

10k is just speaking sense in this instance, no insider-pretending. FFVIIr was quite suspiciously only said to be "First on PS4" not that I think that means an NX release.

Oh ok i thought he was blessing us with knwledge again. Didnt know they already said it wouldnt happen

Banned

Thank you Oregano. Square even said no NX version was planned for FFXV publicly.

Nothing I post is insider stuff.

Richie

I think this rumor is bullshit too but the bolded isn't the veracity dealbreaker here. Off the top of my head, the pairs of Mario Galaxy games and N64 Zeldas (taking the 3DS versions as a base) could both sell very well as HD packages, and you can't tell me Super Mario 64 HD wouldn't sell gangbusters.

Peléo

The thirst is so real I read this and expect a Nintendo Direct.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/zeldawilliams/status/786634877630156800[/tweet]

Kyzer

Banned
Thank you Oregano. Square even said no NX version was planned for FFXV publicly.

Nothing I post is insider stuff.

Oh I already know nothing you post is insider stuff lol

But yeah sorry i didnt know this was already talked about. I thought this was another instance of you vaguely implying that you have insider info

TheChaos

I think this rumor is bullshit too but the bolded isn't the veracity dealbreaker here. Off the top of my head, the pairs of Mario Galaxy games and N64 Zeldas (taking the 3DS versions as a base) could both sell very well as HD packages, and you can't tell me Super Mario 64 HD wouldn't sell gangbusters.
For Mario Galaxy, they would have to figure out how to tackle the star bits and pull stars, which would be super wonky unless they completely re-position them.

AmyS

Peléo;220088791 said:
The thirst is so real I read this and expect a Nintendo Direct.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/zeldawilliams/status/786634877630156800[/tweet]

Today? Hahahaha.

Top Bottom