• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gameblog (French, PS4 Pro reveal date leak) feeds the NX rumor mill

OCD Guy

Wait till its officially announced.

Remember the Wii thread on GAF when it was announced.

Yeah 60 pages were generated based on the announcement of the name of the console lol CLICK ME FOR NOSTALGIA

When Nintendo finally announce or reveal anything the forums are going to go into meltdown.

It is quite interesting looking back at old reactions and seeing people say the name Wii was bullshit and fake, and that Nintendo would be doomed with that console when it ended up selling a shit load of units.

Zyrox

This whole NX insanity almost makes me look back to the Wii U speculation period fondly. And that was already quite the carnival of stupid.

That Wii thread was on point

F3p7Sm2.png

OCD Guy

Does anyone else feel like nintendo is enjoying making us suffer?

I quite like the approach to be honest.

When I look at something like Scorpio, it's announced I'm excited but then I realize it's not out for ages so forget about it.

With the way Nintendo are hopefully doing things which is to officially announce it and then release shortly after will hopefully keep the momentum up. Sony got it right with the Pro and Slim announcements too. Announcing and releasing something a year later isn't the way to go anymore in my opinion.

To be honest I'm buying this thing regardless of what it is, how powerful it is, what it looks like, how many 3rd party devs are making games etc. Every Nintendo console is home to some of the greatest games each gen and no way I'll miss out on them.

Plum

Nintendo fans are working their way into the basket of deplorables

It's ridiculous how hungry people are getting but equating Nintendo fans to racists, misogynists and homophobes is equally so. It's playful fun, and from her latest tweets Zelda doesn't seem to be that upset at all.

jdstorm

Banned
If splinter cell does get made id like to take some
none
Credit for it getting made since i was one on the many suckers who bought Blacklist full price on WiiU. Man that was a shitty port.

(INSERT Dosens of us.GIF)

Now im just eagerly waiting for an EA port Rumour. None of these games will matter if Fifa and Madden miss the NX it will be DOA

No real dock where you plug the handheld, but a wireless 'dongle' upscaling for the TV

Regardless as to whether the rumour is true or not, this approach is interesting and would answer a couple of questions I have about the device:

If you were to dock part of the device, which part contains the battery and how would charging work.

On an side note, I kinda suspect the "detachable" controllers might not end up being fully detachable ala the many mock ups, but are actually just different buttons and analogue sticks etc.

AfroDust

I quite like the approach to be honest.

When I look at something like Scorpio, it's announced I'm excited but then I realize it's not out for ages so forget about it.

With the way Nintendo are hopefully doing things which is to officially announce it and then release shortly after will hopefully keep the momentum up. Sony got it right with the Pro and Slim announcements too. Announcing and releasing something a year later isn't the way to go anymore in my opinion.

To be honest I'm buying this thing regardless of what it is, how powerful it is, what it looks like, how many 3rd party devs are making games etc. Every Nintendo console is home to some of the greatest games each gen and no way I'll miss out on them.

You sir, are a masochist.

El Topo

nintendo has remastered every 3d zelda besides skyward sword

it's not exactly an out there prediction

Is there *anything* in this rumor that goes beyond what anyone here could guess? All these rumors avoid specifics, such as which games are actually in development or what the super secret gimmick actually is.

Plum

nintendo has remastered every 3d zelda besides skyward sword

it's not exactly an out there prediction

It all depends on whether the NX can do it natively. Though really Nintendo going back to Skyward Sword after Breath of the Wild is released might not be a good idea. I think the only reason WW and TP HD were released was because of BotW not being out.

Galang

Banned
Maybe I missed something, but none of these rumours sound really surprising. Capcom on board with NX is literally the safest bet you could make. Platinum isn't any more of a stretch either after last generation

Ishida

Banned
Why not? I'm sure NX is more than capable. You guys must not have played the game, it's not that graphically intensive. I'd put it right there with BoTW (I played both within like an hour of eachother, the Wii U version looked almost as good as X1 FFXV.)

Wha...

What the hell am I reading? There's no way you can be serious with this.

antonz

Just a question but could a phone sized handheld adapt into a gear VR type solution?

A phone sized Handheld if it had the right screen could sure. NX is likely much closer to the Gamepad in size than a Phone though and 720p would be an issue

Dekuboy

Neo Member
Well I don´t believe the FFXV thing, but anything else seems very good.

IF I get KH3, achievments and a good screen then I am all in.

wildfire

Banned
http://www.gameblog.fr/news/62928-j-ai-quelque-chose-a-vous-dire-sur-la-nintendo-nx-ses-premie [fr]

- Nintendo hasn't shared all of the NX "gimmicks" with their dev yet
- No real dock where you plug the handheld, but a wireless 'dongle' upscaling for the TV
- Handheld game is the same as the "docked" game
- Games look good on the handheld screen (780 - 900p), about PS4 level
- Smartphone connectivity maybe possible
- VR not out of the question but first tests aren't satisfying.
- FFXV and FFVII Remake are coming to NX
- Ubisoft in ( a Yoshi / Rabbid Rabbits crossover being discussed too)

These are the new rumors and some of them barely count.

The only thing that matters to me is if FFXV was coming out for the NX. That shouldn't happen because Square made it with a brand new engine and would have to go through a steep learning curve porting their first game on a brand new console that is most likely based on the ARM hardware architecture.

If it did happen this would seriously influence my decision to wait or buy the PS4 version.

Some things like N64 remakes make me very skeptical. They made sense on 3ds, but for NX they would have to remake the whole game from the ground up for them to look decent.
They still basically had to do that for the 3DS games. Even N64->DS games had a lot of changes. Though calling a new 2017 version of Super Mario 64 a "remaster" is stretching the term like taffy.

Top Bottom