• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameInformer: Kingdom Hearts 3 Preview

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Nomura also reveals some main plot points. "The process of the wielders coming together will be the main storyline, but one of the highlights of the climax is going to be who is part of the seven lights and thirteen darkness when they get to the final battle,"
Wtf??

The stories in these games make zero sense

PK Gaming

If I recall correctly, Mickey states that the 7 wielders of light are: himself, Sora, Riku, his three missing friends*
(Terra, Aqua, Ven)
, and "..." (we don't get to hear who)

It's probably Kairi. It better be Kairi dammit.

Nothing really new...I would be happy if they shut up about this until it was closer to release. Stop announcing stuff too early SE!

Mecha

I must be missing something here. I haven't played DDD yet, but I did watch GT's KH Timeline and don't remember anything significant happening to him.
Disregarding Nomura and his creative storytelling powers, based off of what we know "now", I just don't see Roxas coming back, unless of course he somehow splits with Sora again (which would cut Sora's power in half, would it not?). And yes., indeed a human comes back when a heartless and nobody are destroyed, but in this case, Roxas IS the nobody. That rule doesn't benefit him at all.

Roxas might return to Ventus's body.

If I recall correctly, Mickey states that the 7 wielders of light are: hbimself, Sora, Riku, his three missing friends*
(Terra, Aqua, Ven)

it is

and its probably safe to assume Terra is still possessed would be on the other side. Especially since Axel has a keyblade now.

Famassu

To be fair, 2 does not denote a pattern
No, Nomura has clearly stated that at least mainline KH games will star Sora as the main character for the foreseeable future. That doesn't, of course, mean that there can't be new playable characters and there is always the possibility that they'll do BBS like spin-offs with no Sora. But yeah, Sora should remain in the center of things.

Error

What about the people that just played the first 2 and ignored the spinoffs? Bet they are fucked, given how convoluted this has gotten.

LOL, I love how more news of KH3 has surfaced...but Final Fantasy XV is still pretty quiet.

Yeah. Given how long we're probably going to wait for KH3 this preview feels early since we haven't even gotten much of anything on FFXV which is presumably coming first, LOL :(

Now I'm depressed thinking about how long we'll be waiting to get to play these two games. :(

Apeopleman

Yeah. Given how long we're probably going to wait for KH3 this preview feels early since we haven't even gotten much of anything on FFXV which is presumably coming first, LOL :(

Now I'm depressed thinking about how long we'll be waiting to get to play these two games. :(

FF 15 holiday 2015

Kingdom Hearts 3, Spring, 2016

My guess.

Mecha

What about the people that just played the first 2 and ignored the spinoffs? Bet they are fucked, given how convoluted this has gotten.

If you ignore the "spin-offs" then you will be missing out on a lot of the story. You can't skip various games in a series and expect to know whats going on.

Famassu

If I recall correctly, Mickey states that the 7 wielders of light are: hbimself, Sora, Riku, his three missing friends*
(Terra, Aqua, Ven)

Terra isn't going to be one of the seven. The storyline of KHIII will obviously be about saving Aqua from the Realm of Darkness where she has been trapped since BBS and turning Castle Oblivion into its former glory and fixing Ven's heart. The two remaining keyblade wielders should be Axel/Lea and Kairi, who'll probably be on journeys of their own to train their skills.

Also, I think Nomura hints quite heavily to surprises, so maybe things won't be quite as predictable as that. Maybe one of the known seven will be prevented from participating and we'll have some surprises replacing them.

botty

Banned
2007 - Re: Chain of Memories
2008 - Coded
2009 - 358/2 Days
2010 - Birth By Sleep
2011 - Re:Coded
2012 - Dream Drop Distance
2013 - HD 1.5 Remix /X(chi)
2014 - HD 2.5 Remix
2015 - KH3

Book mark it!

raven777

2007 - Re: Chain of Memories
2008 - Coded
2009 - 358/2 Days
2010 - Birth By Sleep
2011 - Re:Coded
2012 - Dream Drop Distance
2013 - HD 1.5 Remix /X(chi)
2014 - HD 2.5 Remix
2015 - KH3

Book mark it!

they will release Dream Drop Distance HD in 2015 and KH 3 on 2016 lol.

Error

If you ignore the "spin-offs" then you will be missing out on a lot of the story. You can't skip various games in a series and expect to know whats going on.

So unless you are hardcore fan that's willing to submit to shit gameplay in order to experience the story in those games(some of the spinoffs are garbage), you are screwed. Seems like pretty close-minded philosophy regarding this franchise.

Mecha

So unless you are hardcore fan that's willing to submit to shit gameplay in order to experience the story in those games(some of the spinoffs are garbage), you are screwed. Seems like pretty close-minded philosophy regarding this franchise.

Someone doesn't skip various books in a series if they want to understand everything, the same could be applied here. If you don't want to play the games then that's up to you, it isn't the games fault that they add new things to the story.

Famassu

Meh, the only lacluster game is Days and even it's far from garbage. Besides, they are developing 1.5 and 2.5 HD ReMixes for a reason. You get all the best games in the series to play and can just watch the lesser games as short movies.

The essential games in the series are 1, (Re)CoM, 2, BBS and DDD. Coded is basically just a teaser for DDD and Days just fills in some gaps as to how Roxas cane to be and do what he did. In the bigger picture, it's not important.

Betty

Banned
It's not from "nowhere". He comes to Yensid to train to become a wielder once he's returned to his human form and he just shows he succeeded at the end of DDD.

I know, it's just jarring how Sora/Kairi/Riku had a connection to
Ven/Aqua/Terra
and thus that was the explanation for them being able to wield one, while
Lea
just... asks and receives. Sure did whatever it was he needed to 'succeed' quick though, even Yen Sid looked as shocked as everyone else when that Keyblade popped into his hand.

doemaaan

A bit off track here, but it just hit me. Anyone ever wondering what the name of Ventus' Nobody would've been? I can't think of any cool ways to mix his name up with an "X".

Famassu

I know, it's just jarring how Sora/Kairi/Riku had a connection to
Ven/Aqua/Terra
and thus that was the explanation for them being able to wield one, while
Lea
just... asks and receives. Sure did whatever it was he needed to 'succeed' quick though, even Yen Sid looked as shocked as everyone else when that Keyblade popped into his hand.
Sure, but to be fair getting to wield a Keyblade is all about inner strength and while the seeds for it were planted a long time ago, unlocking the power to wield a Keyblade didn't take all that long for Sora either once the time to do it came. I guess Axel's interaction with Roxas might left its mark on him. Maybe Roxas did to Axel unknowingly what Aqua etc. did to Kairi, Sora & Riku.

I'm going to guess that
Sora will actually be one of the thirteen darkness. Even though he was saved at the end of DDD, I don't think Xehenort is willing to give him up that easily as he clearly has bigger plans.

Ceebs

I am honestly more interested in seeing if the OP for this game can top that amazing PSP Kingdom Hearts OP.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Axel is always messing up people's plans. Xehanort actually succeeds in getting the (arguably) strongest Keyblade master on his side and then Lea/Axel comes in and just replaces him like it's no big deal.

Hope KH3 has a Saix/Axel subplot. We still don't know what those two were up to during their early days in the organization.

Dark_castle

Wtf??

The stories in these games make zero sense

Precisely why at this point, I don't give a damn about KH's core storyline and timeline any longer. I only play them for the gameplay, charming Disney world and their individual scenario, excellent art direction and music as well as their overall presentation.

It's said that Nomura is taking FFXV to a different story direction, and something that is "closer to his personal taste" than what KH series has become. With the help of Tabata, Nojima and Akiyama, hopefully the story will be one worth following till the end.

Nonetheless, looking forward to both titles.

Famassu

Axel is always messing up people's plans. Xehanort actually succeeds in getting the (arguably) strongest Keyblade master on his side and then Lea/Axel comes in and just replaces him like it's no big deal.

Hope KH3 has a Saix/Axel subplot. We still don't know what those two were up to during their early days in the organization.
Pretty sure Saix will probably be a part of the thirteen darknesses (doesn't he have yellow eyes already?), so maybe it's likely Axel's journey will put him against Saix and maybe we'll hear about their plans then.

LAA

Ha ha! I'm so happy to read this!
Has this day actually come!? Nomura teasing KH3 story plots!?

I so can't wait for this game! I also got re-reminded about FFXV yesterday too, very much looking forward to that too, but as others have said, weird we havent seen much news of it still again yet... I would have thought FFXV was at a stage where more could be said about it at this point.

Really looking forward to both of them anyway, they're both the biggest reasons why I wanted (Needed!) a PS4.

Pretty sure Saix will probably be a part of the thirteen darknesses (doesn't he have yellow eyes already?), so maybe it's likely Axel's journey will put him against Saix and maybe we'll hear about their plans then.

Spoiler about Saix and DDD ahead

He's already confirmed to be one of them as showed in Dream Drop Distance.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I stopped playing these games after disliking 2, but I may play 3 for the hell of it. I'm going to need a new google doc to sort it out.

Who are the final five Cylons 7/13 Light/Darknesses? Find out in the thrilling conclusion of Battlestar Galactica Kingdom Hearts!
It's nice to think of how cool BSG was, even when it didn't live up to itself.

HeelPower

Still of the opinion that this game isn't coming out until late 2015 or later.

I am starting to think SE might have switched around FFXV with KH3. Maybe they decided to release KH3 first then FFXV.

By the looks of it that's what is going to happen.KH3 actually got kinda more coverage than XV(if you discount the versus stuff)

Top Bottom