• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop has a 70% trade in deal right now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonto340

Says at the bottom that it was generated 7/3 and expires "end of business today". Looks like it's safe until closing.
They're allowed to change it. And they'll probably change it at opening time. The trick is to lock in the current trade in price between midnight and opening omg time if you're worried about it.

Zeusy

Couldn't go today, but I'm hoping to do 2, b2g1 runs tomorrow. I'm looking at 3ds games :D they made me the best bang for my buck unless I find botw. Nintendo games are still the best right?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Man .. I love physical games and trade deals like this. I'm in the process of buying 4 games I've never played and paying $0.00 out of my pocket and solely using credit from trading in old games I was never gonna replay.

Zen Aku

How often does GameStop have these B2G1 on all pre-owned. Im thinking about buying some pre-owned Switch games and an extra set of Joycons. Is it worth it to stock up now? or will they have another B2G1 during holidays?

I might want to buy some PS4 games too. The prices will only drop... So I guess there's no point in buying them all now ahead of times.

big youth

How often does GameStop have these B2G1 on all pre-owned. Im thinking about buying some pre-owned Switch games and an extra set of Joycons. Is it worth it to stock up now? or will they have another B2G1 during holidays?

I might want to buy some PS4 games too. The prices will only drop... So I guess there's no point in buying them all now ahead of times.

I'd feel good about buying Zelda, Mario Kart and Arms (which would be very lucky to find used this soon after release). none of the other games will retain their value, even for the next 6 months. but the B2G1 makes it worthwhile even when you factor that in.

Thank for the motivation and info guys, traded in some games I had and did the best buy games and got a pre owned PS4 Pro, Xbone S and Ps4 slim (for my gf) all for like 70 bucks.

reKon

Banned
Says at the bottom that it was generated 7/3 and expires "end of business today". Looks like it's safe until closing.

Ya I think it'll be fine. I'll just wear a different hat and not have my glasses on me. I'm like the most generic gamer looking person ever so it's doubtful they'd remember me. I'm thinking there's a good chance I hit the limit just over these 5 stores if the 2k is just the total amount of games I've traded in. Very first and only big transaction I did was 9 games for 430 at 1 store. Still no idea how people hit their limit and have like $1900 in gift cards. Don't they have to spend some of that to keep buying and trading in games?

So what you're telling me is that I'm going to make even more tomorrow? Sounds good!

ironmang

Is 3DS the best way to go? Almost no used Switch games locally but there seems to be a ton of 3DS and a lot of those games are trading in for $25 base.

ironmang

Yes. I did this and it worked out very well.

Awesome!

And people want the 3DS to die lmao. Long live the king.

edit: also that gamestop app is godlike for this. Locking in estimates doubles as a quick reference list so I know I'm only getting games with high value. thanks for the tip sonto!

Adding an old cracked phone to around 7 games (half ported to newer systems and half from my backlog), my Pro Rewards helped me get a little over $180 total (the phone was $50).

Thanks for this. I'm thinking of getting a $50 card for Nintendo eShop, PSN, and Steam, with the last of it going to Splatoon 2.

kirblar

For those interested in picking up a Switch in the future - the Pro Controllers count for the preowned deal and you can get a controller+Zelda+MK8D for around ~110 after tax.

O the website there's. Abutton to save the trade value. You can print the page or lock it in on the GameStop app on your phone and do it that way.

Ahh thanks for the protip!

Locked in my set. Gonna hit this up first thing in the morning.

The GS App is actually pretty good, particularly if your a Pro member.

Zen Aku

I'm kinda weary about buying pre-owned controllers. Games I dont care cause usually they're fine. But controllers and systems are a different story. But this is really tempting. To get a Pro controller, Zelda and MK8D together.

kirblar

I'm kinda weary about buying pre-owned controllers. Games I dont care cause usually they're fine. But controllers and systems are a different story.
Yeah, normally I'd be hesitant, but w/ the trade-in prices for controllers and switch games it's not much of a risk. (I don't expect those to go down too much)

I'm a little nervous about going to the same store I went to yesterday but options are limited round these parts lol. I'll probably just buy 6, trade 6 at all 5 stores and see how far that gets me.

As far as the trade limit goes, I'm sure it's been asked and answered 100 times but does it only count the total amount I get from the store? So, like today I got like 430 from 1 store, used 100 to buy a few games, and traded that in for 125 from another. Does that mean I'm at 555/2k limit?

I am fairly confident they base your amount toward the $2000 trade in limit only on the "base" trade value.

So say you trade in six games worth $200 base value, and you get the extra $140 from the 70% bonus, you're getting $340 total for the six games, but are only at $200/2000 for the cap.

What you spend on re purchasing games does not affect the cap in any way. Only what you get when you trade games in.

If they based it on the amount AFTER the 70% bonus, I would already be maxxed, and it would be exceedingly difficult for people to get to $1900+ on their gift cards without having long since hit the cap since you have to re-buy every time and only 'net' around $100-140 gain on your gift card after buying the games and trading them back in.

Kids in 2045: when you think you wont need math after you get out of school, remember grandad's gamestop trade flip. Of course by then physical media will be a distant memory lol. Let's gooooopp old timers!

For those interested in picking up a Switch in the future - the Pro Controllers count for the preowned deal and you can get a controller+Zelda+MK8D for around ~110 after tax.

Probably a silly question, but you mean I can use the trade-in credit I received to buy these three things for $110, and it doesn't have to be on the day you receive the credit right?

kirblar

Probably a silly question, but you mean I can use the trade-in credit I received to buy these three things for $110, it doesn't have to be on the day you receive the credit right?
Ya ya, the B2G1 free thing is a promotion through the 4th.

It working on consoles and accessories is actually super sweet. A friend was able to get a PS4 + 2 controllers and get a controller free.

The B2G1 free has me tempted to try it on Joy-Con. Around $150 should net me six Joy-Con, which would make it great for MP sessions when I'm at friends' houses.

ironmang

I am fairly confident they base your amount toward the $2000 trade in limit only on the "base" trade value.

So say you trade in six games worth $200 base value, and you get the extra $140 from the 70% bonus, you're getting $340 total for the six games, but are only at $200/2000 for the cap.

What you spend on re purchasing games does not affect the cap in any way. Only what you get when you trade games in.

If they based it on the amount AFTER the 70% bonus, I would already be maxxed, and it would be exceedingly difficult for people to get to $1900+ on their gift cards without having long since hit the cap since you have to re-buy every time and only 'net' around $100-140 gain on your gift card after buying the games and trading them back in.

Kids in 2045: when you think you wont need math after you get out of school, remember grandad's gamestop trade flip. Of course by then physical media will be a distant memory lol. Let's gooooopp old timers!

Alright that makes a lot more sense. I didn't think about the base value and doing some rough and dirty calculations I was only getting like a net $900 if someone used credit to buy 6 B2G1 3DS games and traded them in 8 times to reach $2000 with the trade bonus. Was wondering how the heck people were getting to 1500+ lol. Thanks.

Looks like I'll need to make more stops than I thought. Still won't be a bad day considering it'll mostly be me listening to podcasts and spending a couple hours inside gamestop. Just hope values stay so I don't need to have them verify locked in prices on my phone 60 times.

Do they usually drop values during these types of events? If I don't do it until say Friday will all the values be trash?

well the b2g1 ends on tuesday and these are currently boosted TIVs since it is/was the end of the month

Probably a silly question, but you mean I can use the trade-in credit I received to buy these three things for $110, and it doesn't have to be on the day you receive the credit right?

Yeah. He's referring to Preowned things though. ALL preowned items are B2G1 so if you can find all those preowned its a good deal, but risky getting a preowned controller

big youth

great tip!. I didn't realize it's a mix and match with games + accessories. a second pro controller would be nice

Permanently A

new deal

Kingdom Hearts 2.8 $35 ----> $37.40
PRey $40 ----> $46.70
Lego City Undercover $40 ----> $46.70
Injustice 2 $40 ----> $51.42
Just Dance 2017 $40 ----> $51.42
Ghost Recon Wildlands $40 ----> $42.07
Super Bomberman R $40 ----> $46.75

JUST WHEN I THOUGHT I WAS OUT

THEY PULL ME BACK IN

new deal

Kingdom Hearts 2.8 $35 ----> $37.40
PRey $40 ----> $46.70
Lego City Undercover $40 ----> $46.70
Injustice 2 $40 ----> $51.42
Just Dance 2017 $40 ----> $51.42
Ghost Recon Wildlands $40 ----> $42.07
Super Bomberman R $40 ----> $46.75

JUST WHEN I THOUGHT I WAS OUT

THEY PULL ME BACK IN

Noooooooo...

Hero

Will the PowerUp Pre-Owned Reward Certificates work with B2G1? I thought I heard someone mention that it could apply to the free game and effectively wasting a reward coupon. Also are they good online?

Will the PowerUp Pre-Owned Reward Certificates work with B2G1? I thought I heard someone mention that it could apply to the free game and effectively wasting a reward coupon. Also are they good online?

Yes they aren't worth using with the B2G1. As for if you can use them online or not I don't know.

Femteau

Neo Member
Definitely taking advantage of this tomorrow. I told myself I wouldn't trade in any games this gen, but it's just too good a deal to pass up. $12.50 for Until Dawn isn't bad considering it's a free PS+ game in two days. Rest are just old games I'll never play again.

ethanny2

Flipped $65 to $400 today, I don't have a car so I ended up walking 10 miles to different gamesstops to sell these 3ds games. Don't really want to push my luck any further

Cg006

Neo Member
I am gonna be trading in everything!
had sealed copied of DQ8, Fire Emblem (2nd and 3ds game for 3ds-cant remember titles)

Figure i use the b2g1 deal to get them cheaper preowned or get a sky3ds cart.

Either way lots of ps4 and 3ds games and some switch games. Decided to make mk8 digital and keep zelda physical due to game size. Getting almost 25 for diablo is great. i got it much cheaper.

I read until dawn may be PS+ free for July so perfect time to also dump it as well. Gonna be walking up ion there like Santa with a black bag. lol

PS Still on the fence to trade in Xenoblade for 3ds (bought it used). I think it may come out for the switch soon. I never started it (still playing DQ7-i will keep this as well, want to finish it)... but i can get about the same i paid for it. What do you guys think? with trade in bonus is like 40ish same as ebay if i buy used.

Bii

Yes they aren't worth using with the B2G1. As for if you can use them online or not I don't know.

BeardyChan is right. The reward coupon ends up being used on the free game, which renders it useless. It happened to me and didn't realize it until I checked my receipt when I got home.

Have no idea what's going on but I just checked CAG and in their GS thread it seems some people are being told by employees that the B2G1 ended Sunday for in store and they were seen taking signs down. Even a GS employee on the site was being told this. Hopefully it ends up not actually being the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom