• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop has a 70% trade in deal right now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

sensui-tomo

so anyone going to try to get enough credit to get one of those computers GS sells on their website? I mean getting a free desktop/laptop isnt a bad thing right?

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Puyo Puyo Tetris - Switch = Trade Value $38.25
Binding of Issac + Switch = Trade Value $42.50

Are on sale at Best Buy for $23.99 each. They make great flippers, this is assuming you are maximizing the 6+ trades at once and have PRU and GCU, of course.

Reposting for the new page. Here are the best GameStop In-Store Flips. Buy at least 6 of them pre-owned, all these fetch a better trade-in than what you can buy pre-owned from GameStop itself.

Assuming you have the PowerUp Rewards Card:

All the 3DS games on this list will give you $42.50 in Trade-In Value (as long as you have SIX). Each of these games cost ~$35 when you purchase them, AND you get the third one free. If you can purchase more than six, like 9 or 12, you are getting a third and fourth free game and will boost your trade-ins. These are being flipped around so much that they are likely in stock at your GameStop. Check their store www.gamestop.com on the website and then click "Hold @ Store" to really save time, let them gather the games for you!

Here are the best 3DS flippers:

KUKthCJ.png

LY4H8B8.png

Best WiiU

OOKngro.png

Best Switch

OcCNGtR.png

Look for these, they're ranked in order.
Remember: you need to have SIX games to get the highest 70% trade in value. You can look for six of these games listed, or just use some of your own to get that 6.

so anyone going to try to get enough credit to get one of those computers GS sells on their website? I mean getting a free desktop/laptop isnt a bad thing right?

I thought about it, but I think I may try and convert my GS money (if I get enough) to Microsoft credit through Xbox Gift Cards, and then buy one of the gaming laptops off the Microsoft Store. Seems like the ones there are less bait-ey than the ones GS are offering (plus some are on sale).

Zesh

I haven't been following this thread, but can someone please explain exactly how this works? I have some Switch games I want to trade in; can I include some old 360 games along with those to reach the 6 game count and get the 70% bonus for all of them?

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I haven't been following this thread, but can someone please explain exactly how this works? I have some Switch games I want to trade in; can I include some old 360 games along with those to reach the 6 game count and get the 70% bonus for all of them?

Yes.

We are then taking the trade-in credit that you receive from those first six games, and then purchase another six (or nine, or twelve... multiples of 3 so you can take advantage of the B2G1) games from GameStop pre-owned (check the list that I just posted). Take those to another GameStop and trade them in.

sonto340

Correct. Assuming they don't show up as N/A in gamestops trade calculator on their website.
Older sports games and rock bands and stuff won't be accepted.

Zesh

Yes.

We are then taking the trade-in credit that you receive from those first six games, and then purchase another six (or nine, or twelve... multiples of 3 so you can take advantage of the B2G1) games from GameStop pre-owned (check the list that I just posted). Take those to another GameStop and trade them in.

Correct. Assuming they don't show up as N/A in gamestops trade calculator on their website.
Older sports games and rock bands and stuff won't be accepted.

Thanks for the quick responses. Definitely sounds like a great deal.

gaiages

Banned
I'm not doing the crazy flipping, but I got about $210 just trading in some games I was going to sell anyway, and I did buy one copy of Puyo Switch to slip at Best Buy. Pretty good! I bought some Switch games to get my collection going, and still have about $80 in credit left over. :) Not bad!

Color Splash was my biggest earner at $56 :3

jmaine_ph

Puyo Puyo Tetris - Switch = Trade Value $38.25
Binding of Issac + Switch = Trade Value $42.50

Are on sale at Best Buy for $23.99 each. They make great flippers, this is assuming you are maximizing the 6+ trades at once and have PRU and GCU, of course.

Reposting for the new page. Here are the best GameStop In-Store Flips. Buy at least 6 of them pre-owned, all these fetch a better trade-in than what you can buy pre-owned from GameStop itself.

Assuming you have the PowerUp Rewards Card:

All the 3DS games on this list will give you $42.50 in Trade-In Value (as long as you have SIX). Each of these games cost ~$35 when you purchase them, AND you get the third one free. If you can purchase more than six, like 9 or 12, you are getting a third and fourth free game and will boost your trade-ins. These are being flipped around so much that they are likely in stock at your GameStop. Check their store www.gamestop.com on the website and then click "Hold @ Store" to really save time, let them gather the games for you!

Here are the best 3DS flippers:

KUKthCJ.png

LY4H8B8.png

Best WiiU

OOKngro.png

Best Switch

OcCNGtR.png

Look for these, they're ranked in order.
Remember: you need to have SIX games to get the highest 70% trade in value. You can look for six of these games listed, or just use some of your own to get that 6.
Thanks.

The Gamestop website isn't letting me save any trade estimates. Anyone else having this happen?

Same thing on the website and mobile app

Yeah, I should have clarified....

I can save them on the app, but when I go to check my saved trades nothing is there. So they aren't actually being saved

Edit: Fixed the math thanks to user lifeexpectancy.

So the $2K trading limit is before the 70%, right? Because otherwise I am at $2763.15 and have still been able to trade stuff in. I'm at $1625 without the bonus.

E92 M3

You can buy coupons for amounts off your purchase. At least that's what I usually do.

Coupons have an expiration date, so it's best to just wait.

So the $2K trading limit is before the 70%, right? Because otherwise I am at $2763.15 and have still been able to trade stuff in. If I subtract 70% from that total, I am at $828.95.

If it's before the bonus, then I have a lot of work to do.

Nc8gu82.gif

So the $2K trading limit is before the 70%, right? Because otherwise I am at $2763.15 and have still been able to trade stuff in. If I subtract 70% from that total, I am at $828.95.

Nope. You can more than likely expect a ban soon.

My advice is to switch all your credit to a gift card as soon as possible if you haven't already. That way, the ban won't matter.

E92 M3

My advice is to switch all your credit to a gift card as soon as possible if you haven't already. That way, the ban won't matter.

Only permanent bans wipe your PUR account (and credit). Trade bans are just 90 days of no trading.

That’s kind of what I’m trying to see actually. Anyone else having the same difficulties?

I can see my saved trades on the website if it means anything.

I am wondering if I am doing the math wrong then or something. I added up my trade subtotals from my receipts. I've only been to eight stores, and I know others here that were able to do a lot more. All of my credit ($1019) is spread across three trade-in credit cards; I don't have anything on my PowerUp Rewards account.

Only permanent bans wipe your PUR account (and credit). Trade bans are just 90 days of no trading.

I can see my saved trades on the website if it means anything.

Agreed - I was just saying that credit is often not accessible when bans are active. I'm not able to do anything with the PUR card in my local stores once a ban hits; gift cards are a way around that.

Kusagari

Does employees have the ability to look at your past purchases? I'm definitely doing this today. I have 3 GameStops in my area. I was looking to hit them up one time each. Will I have issue if I try a second round?

Yes, and it's most likely to happen with store managers. Especially if they see you just come in with the high value 3DS/Switch games.

Happened to me, though the guy didn't actually do anything.

E92 M3

Agreed - I was just saying that credit is often not accessible when bans are active. I'm not able to do anything with the PUR card in my local stores once a ban hits; gift cards are a way around that.

That's really odd since PUR cards can also be used for normal purchases.

That's really odd since PUR cards can also be used for normal purchases.

Yeah, I'm confused too. All I know is that my PUR card wasn't usable last time a ban hit. Couldn't trade or purchase anything with it, even if I didn't give them my PUR account information during the transaction.

Learned my lesson. :)

E92 M3

Fuck I can't find my license!!!!!!!! Will they take passports for trade in?

Well, the passport is a legal form of ID. Just don't forget to ask them to stamp it :p

Yeah, I'm confused too. All I know is that my PUR card wasn't usable last time a ban hit. Couldn't trade or purchase anything with it, even if I didn't give them my PUR account information during the transaction.

Learned my lesson. :)

Thanks for the info; I didn't know that.

There are two types of cards they can put the funds on

1-trade in card

2-gift card

These are different from the pur card u get when u sign up.

If you use the trade in card to pay for things you dont pay taxes, so if u buy consoles u end up saving alot.

sensui-tomo

So did anyone call a store to confirm if B2G1 is still a thing

stores not open till another hour. plus golden rule about deals like this is to never call. (then again at this point i'm 95% positive every employee knows whats going on .... 5% margin error for employees who didnt work the past 4 days)

can see my saved trades on the website if it means anything.
Can anyone else report in?

When I go to save a trade it tells me I’ve saved the trade but when I go to check my saved trades, nothing is in my saved trades.

I could very well be banndd which is fine, I’ve done about $1981 in trades so far to my calculation, just trying to figure out if I should bother planning to go out today

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Can anyone else report in?

When I go to save a trade it tells me I’ve saved the trade but when I go to check my saved trades, nothing is in my saved trades.

I could very well be banndd which is fine, I’ve done about $1981 in trades so far to my calculation, just trying to figure out if I should bother planning to go out today

My stuff saves fine.

Jonboy

Coupons have an expiration date, so it's best to just wait.

So does that mean I should go to the PowerUP Rewards page and switch it to "Stockpile my points to use in the Rewards Center," as opposed to the monthly certificate options?

E92 M3

So does that mean I should go to the PowerUP Rewards page and switch it to "Stockpile my points to use in the Rewards Center," as opposed to the monthly certificate options?

Indeed, that was the first thing I did. I like to be in control of that stuff.

reKon

Banned
There are two types of cards they can put the funds on

1-trade in card

2-gift card

These are different from the pur card u get when u sign up.

If you use the trade in card to pay for things you dont pay taxes, so if u buy consoles u end up saving alot.

So let's say I get caught today and they don't allow a trade in. Do they wipe the entire balance on the trade credit card?

I'm thinking about going for one small run today, but I also have PS3 games that I can mix in. Or maybe it would be best to wait a couple of days after buying from the B2G1 free deal and then trade later?

So let's say I get caught today and they don't allow a trade in. Do they wipe the entire balance on the trade credit card?

I'm thinking about going for one small run today, but I also have PS3 games that I can mix in. Or maybe it would be best to wait a couple of days after buying from the B2G1 free deal and then trade later?

You don't hand them the trade card until after everything is rung up and ready to go. If they say we're not taking it you just say alright I guess you can put all this back on the shelves yourself lmao

Darktalon

Can anyone tell me another good Bestbuy game to flip?

Already have puyo, binding of isaac, shadow of mordor, amazing spiderman.

PvZ and NFS are both sold out at my store so thats not gonna work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom