• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Geoff Keighley and Youtube Gaming launch weekly live talk show on Sept. 29

EmiPrime

UnboxTherapy, the guy who faked an iPhone giveaway with hundreds of empty boxes to gain millions of extra subscribers. One of the biggest sleaze balls on Youtube.

I'll be giving that episode a miss!

wiibomb

I'm just a little sad that Kyle is working primarily behind the scenes, I love that man's work on camera, he is such a creative person.

I wish you the best Geoff, I'll be watching it.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Are people actually surprised at insanely popular YouTubers and Twitch streamers being on the YouTube Gaming show?

I mean a lot of these people are basically what modern television is to much of the youth audience.

Edit:

Here's a good chart from Variety a few years back: http://variety.com/2014/digital/new...mainstream-celebs-among-u-s-teens-1201275245/

youtube-stars-shine-b4xkni.jpg

El-Suave

Always happy to have more Geoff and kudos for employing Bosman - I just hope this won't be mostly Youtube promoting Youtubers.

Think of it as an extension of what we do at E3. A lot of those guests have big audiences and represent a new generation of gamers, and it's on us to figure out how to bring all the audiences together and grow this industry.

Its different from the usual Game Journos from various magazines as guests.

I'm pleased Geoff is back with a weekly show and looking forward to it.

Bizzquik

Great news.
There was an audience before for this kind of show, and there still is now.
YouTube is the perfect home for it.

Think of it as an extension of what we do at E3. A lot of those guests have big audiences and represent a new generation of gamers, and it's on us to figure out how to bring all the audiences together and grow this industry.

I can definitely get behind this idea. Videogame entertainment is so segmented that it sometimes feels like these communities are their own isolated islands. Echo chambers are never good, so I hope your new show can encourage debate and a healthy exchange of ideas between these communities.

And I know Kyle previously said he was working beind the scenes, but that butt is just too juicy to keep hidden behind the camera.

jett

D-Member
Youtubers don't appeal to me but I enjoyed watching GTTV each week and since really don't have a show like that anymore anywhere I'll be giving this one a shot for sure.

Tsosie

Back-door shady deals between Geoff and Kyle? . . . Love it. Hope it is successful. I will at least be there day 1 to see how it shapes up.

Salty Hippo

Youtuber guests only? Updates on e-sports? Yeah, not for me.

Let me know when and if you make something like the Bonus Round again, Geoff.

styl3s

Youtubers don't appeal to me but I enjoyed watching GTTV each week and since really don't have a show like that anymore anywhere I'll be giving this one a shot for sure.
Yeah when i first read all the guest people i immediately thought "this is targeted to my young nieces and nephews who eat these YT stars up". I'll probably watch whatever Kyle is in and one on one interviews between Keighley and industry people but i just have 0 interest in youtube people and that's 100% fine i am not that demographic and i understand that i am just glad he's back and he's getting people interested in my favorite hobby.

Servbot24

Banned
I think the YouTubers will be fine if the format is simply having conversations about games rather than talking about their channels or how zany they are.

Mariolee

This sounds great for the industry overall. Would you be open to taking suggestions for Youtubers we would like to see on the show?

RoKKeR

Nice, happy to see this. I had missed GTTV.

I still have the MW2 and ODST episodes saved on my iTunes account, was so damn excited for those episodes. Hopefully as they grow they'll be able to get back to doing some of those big, blowout previews. It sounds like they are already trying to do some of that, which is great to see.

Nzyme32

I'm hoping these weekly shows will not be continuously focused on just the "AAA" games and becomes a platform that is able to showcase some of the more unique and exciting titles that wouldn't usually get the publicity they deserve

Auctopus

Great answer, Geoff.

joms5

Featured YouTubers in season one include MatPat (The Game Theorist), iHasCupQuake, iJustine, Nadeshot, AngryJoeShow, and UnboxTherapy.

So why should I care about any of these people?

Do they have any real experience in the industry or are they just marketable Youtube personalties?

Because 2 people on that list I feel don't have anything of value to add to a conversation unless it has to do with making Youtube videos. And that's putting it nicely.

Servbot24

Banned
So why should I care about any of these people?

Do they have any real experience in the industry or are they just marketable Youtube personalties?

Because 2 people on that list I feel don't have anything of value to add to a conversation unless it has to do with making Youtube videos. And that's putting it nicely.
I think they have valid perspectives to offer, but I hope we get some interaction from developers too.

joms5

I think they have valid perspectives to offer, but I hope we get some interaction from developers too.

I would prefer to have developers, consultants, journalists and hell even Michael Pachter.

I think Pachter has lost touch with what games are today but at the same time I appreciate his knowledge into the financial side of things.

But having guests with significant experience in the industry is the difference between a show with credit, and me and my friends just sitting around talking shit.

I would prefer to have developers, consultants, journalists and hell even Michael Pachter.

I think Pachter has lost touch with what games are today but at the same time I appreciate his knowledge into the financial side of things.

But having guests with significant experience in the industry is the difference between a show with credit, and me and my friends just sitting around talking shit.

And that show would appeal to a insanely small crowd.

Keighley is smart and is building a show that will have mass appeal on the modern sense. And talk to the younger generation in a way then most of the other products today from IGN and similar sites.

daveo42

Banned
Def excited for this. Love Geoff and everything he does do, even if it doesn't quite shake out the way some of us would like all of the time.

Top Bottom