• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Geoff Keighley Introducing E3 Coliseum

schaft0620

https://medium.com/@geoffkeighley/e3coliseum2017-7c01ed2dd0e

June 13–14, The Novo at L.A. Live panels, conversations, talks and "other surprises."
"Will stream live around the world"

22 years ago, I walked into the first E3 as a wide-eyed 15-year-old kid who didn't quite know his place in the world. E3 Expo brought my hobby out of my computer and into mainstream culture.

To be honest, the spectacle of E3 convinced me that I should devote my career to this incredible medium. I also marveled I was even allowed to walk the show floor. You see I wasn't a legal attendee. I was only 15, so I had to carry a little permission letter in my pocket from the head of E3, which I proudly brandished to the security guards tasked with enforcing the 18-and-older age limit.
E3 Coliseum, June 13–14, The Novo at L.A. Live

Today, after attending all 22 E3s, I'm excited to announce the E3 COLISEUM. I'm teaming up with E3 to bring the culture of games to life through two days of panels, conversations, talks and other surprises.

For the past six months, we've quietly been working with all the major game teams to curate special presentations that will take place at The Novo at L.A. Live on Tuesday, June 13 and Wednesday, June 14. Thousands of fans will get to attend in person. If you aren't at E3, the sessions will stream live around the world. You'll also be able to ask questions to the panelists on Facebook.

Alongside presentations from game developers, we will also welcome some very special guests from the broader entertainment world. They'll join us to speak about the cultural significance of gaming and how this incredible medium has influenced their work. Lots of surprises in store here. We will be sharing more details in the coming weeks about the speaker lineup for E3 COLISEUM.

Sometimes I get jaded and forgot how cool it is that E3 will be open to the public for the first time this year. Just last week, for instance, I met a young Russian couple in New York who told me how excited they are to finally attend E3. The E3 Coliseum will only make E3 more exciting to fans, as it create an opportunity to see the world's top game creators and special guests live on stage.

Stay tuned for more news soon on the games that will be there, but today we can tease that you will see major panels hosted by some of the world's top game publishers including Activision, Bethesda Softworks, Gearbox Publishing, Sony Interactive Entertainment, Square Enix, Ubisoft, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, and Xbox, with more to be announced in the coming weeks. All these publishers understand that our industry is stronger when we unite at E3 to showcase the most powerful form of entertainment in the world.

Hope to see you on June 13 at E3 COLISEUM!

Geoff Keighley

https://www.e3expo.com/show-info/3203/e3-coliseum/

We are excited to announce that the ESA and E3 are teaming up with producer Geoff Keighley (The Game Awards) to introduce the E3 COLISEUM, a spectacular main stage that brings video game fans closer to their favorite games and creators.

The E3 COLISEUM takes place on June 13th and 14th at The Novo at L.A. Live.

Inside the E3 COLISEUM, video game's biggest fans, developers, and special guests come together to celebrate the world's most powerful form of entertainment in expected and unexpected ways. The world's top video game developers will take E3 attendees behind the scenes of E3's biggest new announcements, and special guests will celebrate video games' role in influencing their work and popular culture. Programming will include appearances by visionary game creators as well as celebrated talent from the film, TV, music, and other entertainment industries. Publishers scheduled to host panels include Activision, Bethesda Softworks, Microsoft, Gearbox Publishing, Sony Interactive Entertainment, Square-Enix, Ubisoft, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, with more to be announced in the coming weeks.

At E3 Coliseum you will experience:

Insightful Conversations and Panels
The most influential names in gaming take the stage for once-in-a-lifetime conversations with special guests from the world of entertainment.
First Looks at Upcoming Games
The world's top developers enter the Coliseum to show fans exclusive new peeks at the biggest games of E3 and answer questions.
Influencers Live On Stage
The biggest digital influencers join us to interact with their fans and the games industry.
Video Game Culture Brought To Life
Expect the unexpected with one-time-only demonstrations, performances and special guests that highlight gaming's preeminent role in entertainment.

Additional information on specific panels, guests, and instructions on how to access the E3 COLISEUM will be released in the coming weeks. Please continue to check back!
- See more at: https://www.e3expo.com/show-info/3203/e3-coliseum/#sthash.XYWfOmqB.dpuf

BY2K

Membero Americo
Activision, Bethesda Softworks, Gearbox Publishing, Sony Interactive Entertainment, Square Enix, Ubisoft, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, and Xbox, with more to be announced in the coming weeks.

One notable absence I see in here.

Hope it's announced soon.

Go Geoff!

Even after reading it, I still have no idea what it is.

EDIT: Nevermind, read it again.
tired and sleepy

Sounds cool for people who can make it to those places and I'm hoping something like that comes to the UK. I'm still waiting on PAX to come to E3.

ayne.gif

This part wasn't even in the Coliseum

I kinda wish there were some NY events going on during E3 while LA does its thing.

Jokab

How did you miss it?

For the past six months, we’ve quietly been working with all the major game teams to curate special presentations that will take place at The Novo at L.A. Live on Tuesday, June 13 and Wednesday, June 14. Thousands of fans will get to attend in person.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
From the OP:
I'm teaming up with E3 to bring the culture of games to life through two days of panels, conversations, talks and other surprises.
For the past six months, we've quietly been working with all the major game teams to curate special presentations that will take place at The Novo at L.A. Live on Tuesday, June 13 and Wednesday, June 14. Thousands of fans will get to attend in person. If you aren't at E3, the sessions will stream live around the world. You'll also be able to ask questions to the panelists on Facebook.

hotcyder

I didn't quite get all those words, but I think this means he's running a gladiatorial Colosseum with game developers and special guests from the broader entertainment world as combatants?

i'm confused . Is he saying that all those publishers which he listed, are Hosting their OWN panels? Every single one. There's gonna be a Warner Bros panel?

Awesome stuff.

I think Keighley is a fantastic talent and the industry is lucky to have him. Really excited to see what the content looks like.

Zukkoyaki

I never cease to be amazed by the clout and connections Keighley has all throughout the industry to continue to be able to hold new and different events like this on a near yearly basis. Hopefully he finds success here (he will).

FelipeMGM

we all PSX now

This is something awesome really, a iniciative on the right direction to keep E3 very relevant. Will watch all of it for sure

I thought he did a yearly YouTube E3 show. Is he still doing that also?

Youtube gaming has failed, so I don't think that they were interested in hosting another E3 show.
Geoff just goes to who-ever wants to sponsor his show. Seeing it's E3 itself now, I have to wonder how difficult it was to get his E3 show going.

Rösti;235697104 said:

Nintendo PlayStation? 😂

Language makes it seem like E3 is sponsoring it and not youtube.

Love the coverage, gamespot with kindafunny was ace though

Oh ok.

Youtube gaming has failed, so I don't think that they were interested in hosting another E3 show.
Geoff just goes to who-ever wants to sponsor his show. Seeing it's E3 itself now, I have to wonder how difficult it was to get his E3 show going.

I didn't know YouTube Gaming failed. I never paid attention to it. Makes sense then it's E3 itself.

Jawmuncher

One notable absence I see in here.

Hope it's announced soon.

Go Geoff!

Yeah no Konami or Capcom

----

This sounds like a typical sort of interview circuit sort of thing.
If they actually pitted stuff like Reggie and Phil Spencer then it'd be interesting.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Geoff is the best. Love watching his interviews.

Here is my wishlist:

1)Interview with Reggie. Asks him about the lack of Nintendo games on the Switch. Awkward Reggie interviews are the best.
2) Kojima interview. Let the bromance continue.
3) Bonus Jack Tretton interview.
4) At least one profanity laced interview with David Jaffe.

Excellent and good hustle as always Geoff.
So I guess my E3 post conference streams will be between this and Playstation E3 live coverage.

I look forward to seeing what awful scenario Corporate Bosman is going to find himself in here.

Never forget

Capture-645x356.png

mcfrank

Panels is the big thing e3 is missing compared to other conventions, so I am all for this. Sadly this is the first time I will miss E3 in a few years so I will miss it.

Top Bottom