• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Geoff Keighley Introducing E3 Coliseum

Philippo

ayne.gif

Someone please photoshops Geoff's face on him!

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I think he should get the non gaming celebrities high as a kite to keep up the E3 tradition.

DJIzana

Alongside presentations from game developers, we will also welcome some very special guests from the broader entertainment world. They’ll join us to speak about the cultural significance of gaming and how this incredible medium has influenced their work. Lots of surprises in store here. We will be sharing more details in the coming weeks about the speaker lineup for E3 COLISEUM.

This is the part that has me really interested. So much potential here but only if the game devs I really like are there for it. I'm glad that Square Enix plans to be, among (hopefully) some others and hopefully ones that haven't been announced like Nintendo, Sega, Bandai namco etc.

Good to see Geoff continuing the wave the flag for gaming as the premier entertainment medium. Say what you will about him, but there isn't a journalist more passionate or dedicated in the industry today, Doritos and Mountain Dew be damned.

Hopefully Nintendo jumps in on this, especially with most of their competition doing it. I know they march to the beat of a different drum but that beat usually sounds like dogshit.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Stay tuned for news on my broadcast plans for E3! We got you covered.
Thanks, Geoff. I won't be attending E3 this year but it's nice to see your initiatives to further the show. Appreciated.

Bold One

Always appreciate his dedication, but these things he sets up always come at a price and as a result feel hollow.

plus his obsession with Kojima is a tad worrisome

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Stay tuned for news on my broadcast plans for E3! We got you covered.

As a side note, doesn't "E3 Coliseum" sound a bit more like an eSports tournament than a series of game developer interviews and presentations?

I guess I could be misunderstanding something about the nature of the event.

Auctopus

I feel like Geoff is working for a different company each year and always states this is the big change the industry has been waiting for. Every year is year zero. Hope this one works out for him.

amdb00mer

Let's hope this fairs better than the game awards. I like Geoff, but Shickbot and that Kojima "bromance" made for some cringeworthy moments. If this is really just a panel style setup, then i'm all in for it.

I feel like Geoff is working for a different company each year and always states this is the big change the industry has been waiting for. Every year is year zero. Hope this one works out for him.

That's how I feel as well. He is always on that journey to find the best way to bring video games to the mainstream. As of yet I don't think he has found it, but I appreciate his dedication and passion.

So this is like a panel for all those companies? Nintendo kind of does this with Treehouse developer interviews right?

Yeah the link has descriptions of the coliseum and this looks like something Treehouse already does for Nintendo.

Top Bottom