• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

George Zimmerman ARRESTED for Domestic Incident [Up:Girlfriend Wants Charges Dropped]

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Lying about saying someone pointed a gun at you is a crime right? Cause thats a pretty big deal.

Bodacious

Banned
ku-xlarge.jpg

siddhu33

This guy is untouchable until he kills or injures a white person...

Anyway, Samantha clearly recanted the story so that she could get more information for O'Bam...

People say that GZ will eventually get his, but forget that he had a violent criminal history before Trayvon. TM was supposed to be his downfall, that was the escalation from abuse/fighting with cops.

People say that GZ will eventually get his, but forget that he had a violent criminal history before Trayvon. TM was supposed to be his downfall, that was the escalation from abuse/fighting with cops.

I'm pretty sure George is invincible.

I want to know his secret. It's pretty amazing to have the history he's had through his lifetime and never suffer any consequences behind those actions. He's clearly doing something right.

Superpowers? Does he have someone who warps reality for him?

I must know the answer.

commedieu

Banned
I'm pretty sure George is invincible.

I want to know his secret. It's pretty amazing to have the history he's had through his lifetime and never suffer any consequences behind those actions. He's clearly doing something right.

Superpowers? Does he have someone who warps reality for him?

I must know the answer.

Outside of Obama, Zimmerman is the only other minority to obfuscate our legal system so efficiently.

This guy seems to have the same sort of powers my biological father had. Extreme con-artist, able to convince anyone of anything. People like that are able to warp the fuck out of the people around them. It's highly likely she is now convinced nothing actually happened, and if it did it was her fault, and that he really really loves her.

CrankyJay

Banned
This guy seems to have the same sort of powers my biological father had. Extreme con-artist, able to convince anyone of anything. People like that are able to warp the fuck out of the people around them. It's highly likely she is now convinced nothing actually happened, and if it did it was her fault, and that he really really loves her.

Yeah. That's what a sociopath does.

After successfully slaying Martin Tray'von the young warrior of neghrost descent, Zimmerman had decided to retreat away from the spotlight as America's hero. He had defeated one of the most powerful savages the world had ever known and was given recognition for his successful hunt. This came as a surprise to Zimmerman as for thousands of years slayers like him and been persecuted, misunderstood and at times hunted.

fuck, how did I miss this, lol.

George R. R. Zimmerman?

Anyone who is very good at manipulation can either talk their way out of most things or climb up the corporate ladder far easier than most.

The gift of gab cannot be underestimated.

_Ryo_

I wonder... Does Zimmerman have family secretly in the FBI/CIA/NSA or something? Because other than having magic or super powers I see no other way he consistently gets away with his crimes other than having contacts in government.

I wonder... Does Zimmerman have family secretly in the FBI/CIA/NSA or something? Because other than having magic or super powers I see no other way he consistently gets away with his crimes other than having contacts in government.

He's the hero Florida deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Knight.

Man, the conspiracies in this thread.

Conspiracy? He has family and friends in law enforcement. Also thousands of people raised him hundreds of thousands of dollars for his trial. His ex wife divorced him after the trial due to his abusive behavior. Now his new girl friend just so happens to forgive and forget a few weeks later after ANOTHER abusive event? Plus the handful of charges that were "dropped" every time he got in trouble in the past. Or maybe this dude just has lady luck on his side 24/7 where all his problems just magically goes away every fucking time.

I think i'll stick with my conspiracy.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like Zimmerman. I think he's an incromprehensible idiot, and has done horrible things for CPL holders because of his actions.

Despite this, anyone else think the guy may just need some help? If he was truly innocent in his actions, he was a victim that had to kill someone in defense. That's a pretty crap situation to be in mentally, and there's been how many military and law enforcement that have gone through that and still lost it?

And if he wasn't innocent, and did kill the kid in cold blood . . . well, then he may very well be crazy and off the rails.

I like to give the benefit of doubt though. I know if I was put in a situation in which I had to use lethal force, I'd be seeking help afterwards. That's not a light matter to just deal with. Especially if I was thrust in the middle of being accused of being a racist, and made out to be the most despicable person in the country.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Don't get me wrong, I don't like Zimmerman. I think he's an incromprehensible idiot, and has done horrible things for CPL holders because of his actions.

Despite this, anyone else think the guy may just need some help? If he was truly innocent in his actions, he was a victim that had to kill someone in defense. That's a pretty crap situation to be in mentally, and there's been how many military and law enforcement that have gone through that and still lost it?

And if he wasn't innocent, and did kill the kid in cold blood . . . well, then he may very well be crazy and off the rails.

I like to give the benefit of doubt though. I know if I was put in a situation in which I had to use lethal force, I'd be seeking help afterwards. That's not a light matter to just deal with. Especially if I was thrust in the middle of being accused of being a racist, and made out to be the most despicable person in the country.

Before the Trayvon Martin incident, he had a history of violence against women, after the Trayvon Martin incident, he continued to have a history of violence against women. I don't think it is a coincidence that each time, different women, ended up recanting their claims. This guy is not a victim.

Before the Trayvon Martin incident, he had a history of violence against women, after the Trayvon Martin incident, he continued to have a history of violence against women. I don't think it is a coincidence that each time, different women, ended up recanting their claims. This guy is not a victim.

Maybe I missed that? I don't recall hearing about that history before trial. If he was charged with Domestic Violence, he couldn't own a firearm . . . Lautenberg Act and all.

Dude may just like crazy. Who knows? I used to be attracted only to crazy, but then I grew up and wanted to settle down. Now I don't date crazy and have a lot less drama in my life. Maybe that's what he needs to do?

Either way, guy seems to need some help.

Particle Physicist

Maybe I missed that? I don't recall hearing about that history before trial. If he was charged with Domestic Violence, he couldn't own a firearm . . . Lautenberg Act and all.

Dude may just like crazy. Who knows? I used to be attracted only to crazy, but then I grew up and wanted to settle down. Now I don't date crazy and have a lot less drama in my life. Maybe that's what he needs to do?

Either way, guy seems to need some help.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2013/05/28/george-zimmermans-relevant-past/

In July 2005, he was arrested for “resisting officer with violence.” The neighborhood watch volunteer who wanted to be a cop got into a scuffle with cops who were questioning a friend for alleged underage drinking. The charges were reduced and then waived after he entered an alcohol education program. Then in August 2005, Zimmerman’s former fiance sought a restraining order against him because of domestic violence. Zimmerman sought a restraining order against her in return. Both were granted. Meanwhile, over the course of eight years, Zimmerman made at least 46 calls to the Sanford (Fla.) Police Department reporting suspicious activity involving black males.

We also know that Witness No. 9 accused Zimmerman of molesting her when they were children. The relative’s revelation is appalling but irrelevant. What most folks don’t know is that Witness No. 9 made an explosive allegation against her cousin. “I know George. And I know that he does not like black people,” she told a Sanford police officer during a telephone call in which she pleaded for anonymity. “He would start something. He’s a very confrontational person. It’s in his blood. Let’s just say that. I don’t want this poor kid and his family to just be overlooked.” At the end of the call, Witness No. 9 urged the officer to “get character reports from other people and see if he’s ever said anything about black people, about being racist or anything like that because I guarantee you there’s somebody out there who will say it.”

He has had a history of shady shit going on. This is nothing new with him.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2013/05/28/george-zimmermans-relevant-past/

He has had a history of shady shit going on. This is nothing new with him.

. . . maybe I missed this during the trial, but I thought he called 46 times to report suspicious activity, not suspicious blacks (editted to add source: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...an-s-history-of-911-calls-a-complete-log.html). Could've sworn it was that way. In addition, there were a ton of corroborating witnesses stating he wasn't racist. Didn't he take someone that would've been really bad for a racist to take to homecoming?

Once again, I'm not saying the guy is bright or anything. He's a bumbling idiot that made all CPL holders look bad. And resisting arrest I can't excuse on any account. But everything else that you mentioned had been refuted I thought?

Particle Physicist

. . . maybe I missed this during the trial, but I thought he called 46 times to report suspicious activity, not suspicious blacks (editted to add source: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...an-s-history-of-911-calls-a-complete-log.html). Could've sworn it was that way. In addition, there were a ton of corroborating witnesses stating he wasn't racist. Didn't he take someone that would've been really bad for a racist to take to homecoming?

Once again, I'm not saying the guy is bright or anything. He's a bumbling idiot that made all CPL holders look bad. And resisting arrest I can't excuse on any account. But everything else that you mentioned had been refuted I thought?

That wasn't the part I was trying to point out. But as far as I know, this:

In July 2005, he was arrested for “resisting officer with violence.” The neighborhood watch volunteer who wanted to be a cop got into a scuffle with cops who were questioning a friend for alleged underage drinking. The charges were reduced and then waived after he entered an alcohol education program.

and this:

August 2005, Zimmerman’s former fiance sought a restraining order against him because of domestic violence. Zimmerman sought a restraining order against her in return. Both were granted.

Are completely true

This, was not necessarily proven:

Witness No. 9 accused Zimmerman of molesting her when they were children.

Don't forget that his ex-wife also accused him of violence, recanted later of course. Maybe if there was only one incident... or even just two! I would say, benefit of the doubt is a possibility, but a history like this is not normal.

Don't forget that his ex-wife also accused him of violence, recanted later of course. Maybe if there was only one incident... or even just two! I would say, benefit of the doubt is a possibility, but a history like this is not normal.

I don't know. I've had some pretty messy break ups. Thankfully, the only time police were involved was when *I* had to call for violence. I've had ex's threaten to call before and blame me for violence because they wanted to spite me. I was smart enough to say "Eff dat!", leave, and never come back. Zimmerman doesn't seem smart enough to do that though . . .

I don't know. I've had some pretty messy break ups. Thankfully, the only time police were involved was when *I* had to call for violence. I've had ex's threaten to call before and blame me for violence because they wanted to spite me. I was smart enough to say "Eff dat!", leave, and never come back. Zimmerman doesn't seem smart enough to do that though . . .

Um, usually when someone has a history of violence, the problem is them, not the people around them.

Um, usually when someone has a history of violence, the problem is them, not the people around them.

So, a report from an ex-fiance during a breakup, and an ex-wife during a break up, is a history? Resisting arrest is one confirmed incident. The rest? Not confirmed.

Just saying, during a background investigation with most agencies in the U.S., they will interview exs. But they take all reports from them with a massive grain of salt. Typically, if you're married and break up . . . it's not because it ended on great terms.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So, a report from an ex-fiance during a breakup, and an ex-wife during a break up, is a history? Resisting arrest is one confirmed incident. The rest? Not confirmed.

Just saying, during a background investigation with most agencies in the U.S., they will interview exs. But they take all reports from them with a massive grain of salt. Typically, if you're married and break up . . . it's not because it ended on great terms.

You know there are better people to align yourself with than George Zimmerman if you want to defend your precious "self defense" gun ownership dogma.

Most people don't get violent during a breakup. Also, most people don't file false police reports in order to spite an ex. So there's two possibilities here:

1. Everyone Zimmerman hooked up with is crazy.
2. Zimmerman is violent.

So unless you believe that most women are spiteful enough to lie to police over an ex, there's only one common denominator here.

You know there are better people to align yourself with than George Zimmerman if you want to defend your precious "self defense" gun ownership dogma.

I'm not aligning myself with George Zimmerman. I'm aligning myself with reasonability. This could be any random person. If there was proof he did something wrong, throw him in jail. If there's not, let him go off into the sunset without all the judgement.

Like I said, I dislike the guy. Any responsible CPL holder carries more than just a gun and actually follows the advise of their lawyer if they end up having to use it. He's an incromprehensible idiot. But that doesn't mean he's guilty of anything beyond being stupid.

I mean, how many idiots are there out in the world walking free? Should we focus on them too? That's my point. Don't jump to conclusions without all the facts.

It reminds me of all these times that officers were accused of wrong doing by some camera phone wielding punk, but then a security camera or squad car shows the full interaction. Oh look! That supposed proof just went out the window because it didn't show the whole picture!

Most people don't get violent during a breakup. Also, most people don't file false police reports in order to spite an ex. So there's two possibilities here:

1. Everyone Zimmerman hooked up with is crazy.
2. Zimmerman is violent.

So unless you believe that most women are spiteful enough to lie to police over an ex, there's only one common denominator here.

Do you think most women would date Zimmerman? Or is it possible he attracts crazy, and likes crazy?

His ex-wife said he threatened her with a gun at one point (if I recall correctly), and then redacted the statement when one wasn't found. Where did it mysteriously go? Distraught people aren't reasonable most of the time.

If you want to ruin some one out of bitterness, it's not too far fetched to accuse them of things they were accused of in the past.

I'm not aligning myself with George Zimmerman. I'm aligning myself with reasonability. This could be any random person. If there was proof he did something wrong, throw him in jail. If there's not, let him go off into the sunset without all the judgement.

Like I said, I dislike the guy. Any responsible CPL holder carries more than just a gun and actually follows the advise of their lawyer if they end up having to use it. He's an incromprehensible idiot. But that doesn't mean he's guilty of anything beyond being stupid.

I mean, how many idiots are there out in the world walking free? Should we focus on them too? That's my point. Don't jump to conclusions without all the facts.

It reminds me of all these times that officers were accused of wrong doing by some camera phone wielding punk, but then a security camera or squad car shows the full interaction. Oh look! That supposed proof just went out the window because it didn't show the whole picture!

I don't find it reasonable to continue playing devils advocate for someone when multiple, unrelated people keep accusing him of the same thing.

Do you think most women would date Zimmerman? Or is it possible he attracts crazy, and likes crazy?

His ex-wife said he threatened her with a gun at one point (if I recall correctly), and then redacted the statement when one wasn't found. Where did it mysteriously go? Distraught people aren't reasonable most of the time.

If you want to ruin some one out of bitterness, it's not too far fetched to accuse them of things they were accused of in the past.

If that were something that general population does, there would be a class of crimes known as breakup crimes.

The only common factor in these incidents is Zimmerman. Automactically siding with him and assuming the women are all bitter crazy liars is a bit suspect.

Yes, you're right. He could never attract anyone who wouldn't accuse him of violence after breaking up or divorcing.

You're trying really hard to dismiss an obvious pattern here.

IrishNinja

at this point I jsut want more Angelus fanfic.

goddamn, seriously - my man salvaged this depressing-ass thread, shit was glorious

I hope Florida is one of those states that will press charges rather the victim wants it or not.

this is actually worth looking up too, first thought i had at the retraction

ahaha *sigh*

Man, the conspiracies in this thread.

killing joke kinda nailed this one - after all the support he received, you really think this is outside the realm of possibility? not even a direct threat to pus her, but some form've incentive?

I don't find it reasonable to continue playing devils advocate for someone when multiple, unrelated people keep accusing him of the same thing.

I don't find it reasonable to judge someone based off skewed viewpoints with little evidence. I understand that people hate the guy, but really? The guy has done nothing positive, true. But the foaming at the mouth, just hoping for something to go wrong with him, is ridiculous.

Yes, you're right. He could never attract anyone who wouldn't accuse him of violence after breaking up or divorcing.

You're trying really hard to dismiss an obvious pattern here.

Where were these accusations when actually with him? And where is the PROOF? *That* is what I'm looking for. PROOF.

Is it really that unreasonable to want proof of someone's guilt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom