• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut for PC | Review Thread

If Bloodborne released on PC, they'd probably review bomb it as well for taking too long to come out
Weird , Sony is blessing PC with games that aren’t even suppose to be on it to begin with . But yeah keep review bombing and show how ungrateful yall are .

But yeah counter argue my statement . That’s all yall do now a days try to argue the wrong to make it sound correct

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Weird , Sony is blessing PC with games that aren’t even suppose to be on it to begin with . But yeah keep review bombing and show how ungrateful yall are .

But yeah counter argue my statement . That’s all yall do now a days try to argue the wrong to make it sound correct
Lol at not supposed to be on PC. According to who?

It’s a business transaction. No one needs to be grateful to anyone.

Puscifer

Says literally butthurt people on Twitter and Forums, go their YouTube comments or blog and see that no one gives a shit in general and think it's cool it's coming to PC. Long as these ports keep costing pennies to produce and they're raking in dough y'all can keep turning these into "hoes mad: the thread"

Puscifer

I'm early in the game but I'm getting frames in the mid 60s without DLSS at 4K. With frame gen, over 100 fps. DLSS quality and frame gen over 140fps.

Performance is really good overall, I'd say. Game is gorgeous.
Wonderful to hear, can't wait to play tonight.

Gaiff

I'm early in the game but I'm getting frames in the mid 60s without DLSS at 4K. With frame gen, over 100 fps. DLSS quality and frame gen over 140fps.

Performance is really good overall, I'd say. Game is gorgeous.

3600X
RTX 4080
32GB RAM
3600X with a 4080?

Suspicious Family Matters GIF

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Shit…I haven’t bought a game at launch since Elden Ring.

This is probably the game I want to play most right now, so I might grab it while it’s still under $50.

Gaiff

lol....typo. 5600X.

Mean Girls Halloween GIF
Isn't that kind of low though? Mid 60s for a PS4 port. The PS5 gets around 60fps at 4K checkerboarded which is 1920x2160. The 4080 should have absolutely no problem crushing this at a native 4K, unless, of course, the PC settings scale significantly above the PS5 settings.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Isn't that kind of low though? Mid 60s for a PS4 port. The PS5 gets around 60fps at 4K checkerboarded which is 1920x2160. The 4080 should have absolutely no problem crushing this at a native 4K. Unless, of course, the PC settings scale significantly above the PS5 settings.

Yeah, that may be the case. I have setting maxed out. DF analysis should be interesting.

Sleepwalker

It's a great game, really enjoyed it. But I bailed about 2/3rd of the way in due to the repetition. Pretty much the same as Days Gone for me in that respect. Both games are still worth playing though and are pretty fun.

If I do go PC eventually, will pick this one up on discount since I've already bought it once.

I loved Days Gone and beat it but I agree about GOT. I bounced I think as soon as act 2 opened up and I saw how many interest points were in the map, just couldn't do it anymore.

Bry0

Can I import saves from ps5 or is the PC version treated as a separate game despite the PSN integration?

Last edited:
Graphics are neat but I have 2 problems with this game:

- Controls / combat feel awful. Tenchu and Nioh combat with their responsive controls (as least in Nioh) are what I wanted. For me Ghost of Tsushima is cinematic unplayable trash just made to make great animated gifs.
- Bland Ubisoft open-world template making the world totally uninteresting.

This game was a huge disappointement for me after Infamous games (which were super fun at least) and I couldn't play much of the game.

Jinzo Prime

Gold Member
So I'm a good hour into this, is there any narrative reason why Yuna is as tall as Jin? Like, she is a female pesant-thief and he is a male Samurai lord who would have access to much better nutrition. I think it would fit her personality to be small and scrappy in comparison to Jin's tall, stiff formality.

ssringo

Tbf, there's also a 'meta' on Steam to leave dumb or funny reviews to farm points that can then be used in the Steam Points Shop for cosmetics (animated pfps and backgrounds, stickers , etc.). I mean look at this Steam review lmao.
f9S350s.png

Got that balance from regular store usage over the years. Couldn't spend it all if I tried. Dunno why people would need to farm reactions for points since they give out so much.

bender

What time is it?
I loved Days Gone and beat it but I agree about GOT. I bounced I think as soon as act 2 opened up and I saw how many interest points were in the map, just couldn't do it anymore.

Act 2 is where I nope'd out too. I'm just burnt out by the paint-by-numbers design of most open world games.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
The funny part is that *when* they port Bloodborne (and its definitely a when not an if) it'll absolutely REQUIRE PSN for multiiplayer!

Isn't that kind of low though? Mid 60s for a PS4 port. The PS5 gets around 60fps at 4K checkerboarded which is 1920x2160. The 4080 should have absolutely no problem crushing this at a native 4K, unless, of course, the PC settings scale significantly above the PS5 settings.
CBR has a quite high cost actually. Often around 20-30% of the resolution. It would mean CBR 4K would cost about 1700p-1740p depending of CBR quality. The same game running natively at about those resolutions on PS5 should have the same performance as CBR 4K.

Last edited:
The lack of maturity among these people who bought the game only to give it a bad review and then get a refund is mind boggling. They're so threatened by Sony that they feel they need to do whatever they can to try and derail their ascendence in the PC landscape. It's just not working.

They say that it is because of these countries that aren't able to receive the game, but the reality is they don't give a shit about them. First they don't even know the number of users impacted, spoiler, it's not a lot. Second, the game was restricted at a launch, what's their excuse now. Are they going to retroactively review bomb all games that aren't available in all regions? No.

In fact there are several games that aren't available in russia because of the russia ukraine war. No review bombing...

Sony will eventually enable PSN in these countries, and list the game in these countries, but it isn't something that is going to happen overnight and it won't be all of them either. Only the ones where it makes sense to.

Top Bottom