• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GI: Disney Infinity 3.0 (Avalanche/Ninja Theory/Sumo/Gobo/United Front, Star Wars)

I called it saying that Star Wars would have 2 playsets.
Hope the original trilogy has good figurines.

Edit: Ok, I get it now. Two on release day and the third one will be later.

Neoxon

Well, what it says is that it is a playset "focused on Marvel characters including Hulkbuster Iron Man, Ultron, and more."
I just ran a search for "Age of Ultron" & "Avengers", so I guess that's why I missed it. Thanks for the correction.

Now Disney, announce the Twins.

mantis23

They typically give us roughly 30 figures. This is what I expect to be announced with 4-5 additional figures coming later this year with the Force Awakens playset.

1 Anakin
2 Ahsoka
3 Yoda
4 Obi Wan
5 Darth Maul
6 Luke
7 Leia
8 Han Solo
9 Chewbacca
10 Darth Vader
11 Classic Mickey
12 Minnie
13 Sam Flynn
14 Quorra
15 Joy
16 Anger
17 Disgust
18 Fear
19 Sadness
20 Mulan
21 Olaf
22 Hulkbuster
23 Ultron
24 Vision
25 Quiksilver
26 Scarlet Witch

Only 10 minutes until the official announcement and trailer!

Neoxon

They typically give us roughly 30 figures. This is what I expect to be announced with 4-5 additional figures coming later this year with the Force Awakens playset.

1 Anakin
2 Ahsoka
3 Yoda
4 Obi Wan
5 Darth Maul
6 Luke
7 Leia
8 Han Solo
9 Chewbacca
10 Darth Vader
11 Classic Mickey
12 Minnie
13 Sam Flynn
14 Quorra
15 Joy
16 Anger
17 Disgust
18 Fear
19 Sadness
20 Mulan
21 Olaf
22 Hulkbuster
23 Ultron
24 Vision
25 Quicksilver
26 Scarlet Witch

That's actually a plausible list. Though you're missing some space for the mystery Disney playset.....& Ant-Man.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
While we're wishing...

4114863-disney+infinity.png
Probably the figure I want most.

1 Anakin
2 Ahsoka
3 Yoda
4 Obi Wan
5 Darth Maul
6 Luke
7 Leia
8 Han Solo
9 Chewbacca
10 Darth Vader
11 Classic Mickey
12 Minnie
13 Sam Flynn
14 Quorra
15 Joy
16 Anger
17 Disgust
18 Fear
19 Sadness
20 Mulan
21 Olaf
22 Hulkbuster
23 Ultron
24 Vision
25 Quiksilver
26 Scarlet Witch

Looks like there's a Grevious-esque figure on the table at 0:25, I would put him as likely.

curb

Banned
Probably the figure I want most.

Same here but I've got a feeling that's not happening this round. It's a shame too since she's available as a power disc assist so in a lot of ways, it should be easy to do.

I'm interested in seeing more of what's going to be in the Toy Box Takeover and Toy Box Speedway. I wonder if GI will have anything about those this week.

They can put Olaf in the Star Wars Universe for the trailer but not in the actual game? Boooo.

That's this guy, right?

CC_lc_4UkAA9OaP.jpg

(From an earlier leak)

Neoxon

I'll take it that Luke Skywalker and the droids come in their very own package? Seems fitting, given the context of Episode IV.
The Original Trilogy is getting its own separate playset, so yeah.

Is that usually the case with each new release?

I definitely don't need another base.

Also the $65 price is a bit more tolerable for 2 packed in characters.
They normally release a separate digital version for those who already have a base.

Dantis

I love the figures, but my problem is that the actual game isn't very good. I got some mild enjoyment out of the challenge mode in the first game, but 2.0 was basically trash.

curb

Banned
November 2018. It would have been July 2018 but the addition of Spider-Man pushed her back.

That's even more depressing. I knew it's now between Infinity War I and II but I guess I forgot what hear IW will be in. Yuck

sam777

Is that usually the case with each new release?

I definitely don't need another base.

Also the $65 price is a bit more tolerable for 2 packed in characters.

With Avengers the baseless edition came out a month later, I hope that won't be the case this time. I already got two bases.

Neoxon

Are the bases always the same? (unlike the Skylanders ones?)
Yes, so you can use your old base in the new game.

Like the Avengers playset, they'll likely release a separate Clone Wars playset for those who already have a base & a digital copy of the game.

curb

Banned
Yes, so you can use your old base in the new game.

Like the Avengers playset, they'll likely release a separate Clone Wars playset for those who already have a base & a digital copy of the game.

I hope so. It won't happen but I'd love a solo Ahsoka for my desk.

Edit: separate base-less Clone Wars playset shown in the Toy Box TV video.

Effect

I wonder what the odds are of the Wii U version not running like crap this time around?

Was so disappointed by the performance of the first game (not just in gameplay but the same menus lagged) l I stopped after a few hours. Haven't put the game back in. Held off on 2.0 but what I saw and read made it seemed like nothing had improved so I didn't even bother buying it. I would like for this to be the third times the charm but sure this is false hope.

Neoxon

Wonder what star wars character will be in the starter pack. I must have Yoda and Vader along with the old cast.
The 3.0 Starter Pack has the Clone Wars playset with Anakin & Ahsoka (also available as a separate playset). The Original Trilogy is its own playset that can be bought separately including Luke & Leia.

curb

Banned
I really like that Hulkbuster design.

So I haven't played and DI playsets beyond the Marvel ones from 2.0. Have the other playsets been more level based? They're indicating that the OT Star Wars stuff will be a "greatest hits" style trip through the movies so I'm assuming they're not just one open level like the Marvel stuff.

Tevren

Really liking that Quorra figure. Definitely will snag a few figures, even if I don't bite on the starter set.

Certinty

Feels like they're going backwards with the content. From original and awesome Disney stuff, to Marvel and then to this.

I have 2.0 and doubt I'll get this unless they make the upgrade fairly cheap and the gameplay is massively improved.

Top Bottom