• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Just a reminder, Breaking Madden is the best video game related thing on the internet not made by Giant Bomb and now I'm not getting anything done all day.

kaepernick.gif

Thanks, Scizzy.

MARIO
PARTY
PARTY
YES
Johnathan Blow is too busy creating a programming language. (his videos are really interesting and definitely worth watching if you're interested in game programming)

Is his programming language going to become a thing people can use at some point? One of my favouite pastimes is learning the basics of new languages but never becoming actually proficient with them.

edit: Giant Bomb's community game of the year results are worse than NeoGAF's.

Megasoum

Banned
Hey Dan,

Since you're training for a half-marathon right now, it gave me a new idea for premium content.

1-You let that beard grow back
2-You and Drew fly to Wyoming
3-You recreate the whole Rocky 4 Training Montage
4- (Bonus) Jeff can tag along and play Paulie

So I'm like a half hour into playing Mario Sunshine for the first time in 12 or so years. About 10 minutes of that has been unskippable exposition, and I've done the same fucking boss fight three times FOUR TIMES already.

Yeah, this is totally better than Mario 64.

erawsd

So MPP3, first episode of Danswers, and probably some based Paul Ryckert content... I guess the PAX drought is no longer a thing.

so get this

this lady wanted me to get pineapples for her

she wanted me to put them in her basket, except the basket was being held up like a basketball hoop

so I go to the other side of the town and grab a pineapple and fuck around for two minutes trying to get it in

I had to do that two more times

for my reward, she gave me a blue coin, which is a tenth of a shine sprite

better than mario 64, says dan ryckert

Oh my god, the fact that the giant bomb panel is just a live (even more off-topic than usual) podcast is killing me. This is amazing.

And I'm glad to hear Jeff is #TeamBonelessWings. So much better.

Scizzy

Just a reminder, Breaking Madden is the best video game related thing on the internet not made by Giant Bomb and now I'm not getting anything done all day.

Thanks, Scizzy.

Enjoy! I literally pumped my fist and shouted for joy during the video for the penultimate one. With the disbanding of the Giant Bomb Sports Team, it is truly the pinnacle of video game sports.

so what if

here me out fellas

what if they delayed mario party part

wait wait wait don't leave yet

what if they delayed mario party party a few days so they could have paul ryckert be one of the players

FStop7

Banned
so what if

here me out fellas

what if they delayed mario party part

wait wait wait don't leave yet

what if they delayed mario party party a few days so they could have paul ryckert be one of the players

how about giant bomb stays giant bomb and not the ryckert family website.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Wish we were getting mgs3 this week instead of danswers, but I know it doesn't work like that.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Hmm, Jeff is about the same age as my older sister (40 in August). I've gained a new perspective.

Oh shit, we're getting old. Guess it's about time to start getting serious about things. Things like Mario Party.

Boneless wings?
Ribs take too much energy to eat the meat off the bones?

I just don't understand.

I don't think it's about too much energy/effort, I think his complaint was about the amount of meat that a wing provides. It's a tease, but I don't think he really think it's wasted energy. Now, when it comes to my dad complaining about the energy/effort wasted on picking meat out of a whole blue crab (in relation to the amount of meat produced), I do somewhat agree (although it's so worth it for me).

Jeff will be 40 in August and Dan will be 31 in June.

I wonder if they'll do a birthday stream or something in August. If one's not planned, they should do one, maybe along the lines of Vinny's Pizza Stream right before he went to start GBEast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom