• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rugby League sounds dope. Why don't they make a game of that? They made four FIFA Street, for Christ's sake, so give Rugby League a chance.

No, I won't look up whether or not there already is one.

Zebetite

Banned
Nah, man. It's the best-best Castlevania game. IV is up there for me, too, but that was the first one I played (and it also happens to be the perfect entry point).

I really dislike IV, it just feels kinda floaty and messy in a way that no other Classicvania was, and I think eight-way whipping was bad for the series. I'm a big super-picky baby when it comes to Castlevania physics, haha.

Rondo, though. What a game. It's the only 16-bit 'vania to nail the physics in the same way manner as the NES games (well, the good ones), it adds a few new twists on the gameplay (backflips, dude! backflips! extendo-whip inputs!) and it compliments them with some of the most ball-bustingly difficult level designs in the history of video games. If it had been an arcade cabinet and I needed to punch in a quarter for every death, I'd have singlehandedly financed the development of Symphony of the Night-- and yet I couldn't put the controller down, nor would I ever give in to temptation and play as Maria to make things easier on myself. The game was too tight, too much a joy to play for me to quit.

And then you realize every level has a secret exit that leads to an alternate stage and there's a whole other game still lying in wait... and it's even harder. Rondo of Blood is game with deceptive amount of meat on its bones, and it's all your favorite cuts. You grill it up and eat it and you can't believe how bloody it still tastes and when you're done you realize your mouth is bleeding because the steak was full of broken glass but you can't really be mad about that fact because you just ate the best steak of your life.

sjack

Banned
As somebody who was actually FORCED to play Rugby in school, FUCK RUGBY SUPER HARD.

I bunked out of it so hard, that I opted to do a weekly saturday morning detention rather than ever attend another lesson of Rugby.

I really dislike IV, it just feels kinda floaty and messy in a way that no other Classicvania was, and I think eight-way whipping was bad for the series. I'm a big super-picky baby when it comes to Castlevania physics, haha.

I guess going from the original games to IV would give someone that reaction, but I think the looser feel and the diagonal whipping is a part of the game's appeal. As I said, it's the perfect Castlevania to start with, and it's because those factors you mentioned pretty much make it training wheels for the classics of the series, with some amazing music to boot. I'm not too fond of the SNES sound chip, but SCIV is pretty much a showpiece for the thing.

(also a good hockey game is better than the best castlevania)

(I mean actual hockey not video game hockey but NHL 94 cuts it pretty close)

It's nice to see that the chat comments are so supportive of Samantha. It's a stark contrast to how Withelde is treated by twitch chat on the GDQ streams. Of course, twitch chat is awful no matter what, so I guess that has something to do with it.

komplanen

I missed Samantha but now they are just talking about Pax. It's like easter and christmas creeping in earlier every time.

Talk about non-Pax Samantha stuff, pleeeease?

the mere mention of samurai gunn made me realize something

there's a near over-saturation of all these local multiplayer competitive indie games

meanwhile, bomberman is fucking dead

god damn it man what happened fuck konami forever

meanwhile, bomberman is fucking dead

god damn it man what happened fuck konami forever

a9OUVtD.png

Soccer
Baseball
METAL GEAR
Other

the problem is that they already made the perfect game. they have nowhere else to go.

you make a free to play bomberman for every platform where the microtransactions are tied to customization for your bomberman, throw in other hudson (and konami) mascots like in saturn bomberman, add a procedurally generated single player mode, and you call it a fucking day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom