• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
im going to make up what i think spicebox should be and then believe its that

dunenavigator.jpg

Xater

I saw a meat box. Shit is weird.

It seems like a service to get gifts every month because you don't get any. Problem is you just get tack. I'd rather just buy stuff I want.

danm999

I don't know what kind of person Ralphie May is but I'm assuming he's an extremely unfunny comedian if Jeff apparently was cold reading an ad for one of his specials.

Yeah...

One of the subjects mentioned as a highlight for his stand up in the ad (which Jeff had obviously been sent via script) was "airline travel", and I remember thinking "it's 2015, right? Which fucking comedians are still making air travel jokes?".

Spicebox is nice if you're in a relationship.

But, after a 6 month sub, you and you partner will be wondering "what the hell are we going to do with all these .... "

Yeah...

One of the subjects mentioned as a highlight for his stand up in the ad (which Jeff had obviously been sent via script) was "airline travel", and I remember thinking "it's 2015, right? Which fucking comedians are still making air travel jokes?".

Yeah, you'd think any comedian worth his or her chops would get the picture after the nth "what's the deal with airline food" joke.

Really, the most offensive thing about the 40 second I watched of that guy was the terrible impression of the yodeling from the Price is Right.

Yeah...

Knowing very little about Ralphie May, I'm going to guess the airline travel stuff is going to have something to do with him getting caught, what feels like, five times with weed getting on or off planes.

I think the guy just travels by RV Madden style now.

jaina

I want to thank Ralphie May for bringing us closer to "OT #13 | Stop missing Vinny, he's in several QLs per week"

edit: ffs, how may ...box services are there? Most of them just deliver to SanFran I guess.

danm999

Yeah, you'd think any comedian worth his or her chops would get the picture after the nth "what's the deal with airline food" joke.

Really, the most offensive thing about the 40 second I watched of that guy was the terrible impression of the yodeling from the Price is Right.

Thank god cell phones and streaming services killed off the general relateability of "I can't set my answering machine/VCR" jokes.

Anybody curious how Dan's guesting on The Comedy Button will go? That seems like an odd fit to me, though they will probably just talk about wrestling the whole show which wouldn't really be their normal thing.

Patryn

Thread's back to a place I can understand what's going on? Great.

I think we'll get a Dan Bloodborne review in the back half of this week, and at least 2 videos on it.

I think if there will be a Pillars QL, it won't be this week. I tend to agree that if anyone drives it, it'll be Rorie, and even if they got a copy early it sounds like he's still on the mend so I'm not sure if he's gotten anywhere in it.

When does Axiom Verge come out?

For that matter, when does Galak-Z come out? When I first watched the mailbag before watching UPF, I somehow convinced myself the Spelunker game was actually Galak-Z and got all excited that maybe it would actually be released soon.

Thread's back to a place I can understand what's going on? Great.

I think we'll get a Dan Bloodborne review in the back half of this week, and at least 2 videos on it.

I think if there will be a Pillars QL, it won't be this week. I tend to agree that if anyone drives it, it'll be Rorie, and even if they got a copy early it sounds like he's still on the mend so I'm not sure if he's gotten anywhere in it.

When does Axiom Verge come out?

For that matter, when does Galak-Z come out? When I first watched the mailbag before watching UPF, I somehow convinced myself the Spelunker game was actually Galak-Z and got all excited that maybe it would actually be released soon.

31st for axiom verge

Galak-Z sometime this year

Strax

I was 15 when Ralphie May was on Last Comic Standing and thought he was great back then. I checked out his DVDs last year and he has good stuff, I'd give it 6-7/10

LiK

Latest Demo Derby was a dud. Most of the demos were pretty bad and short with no fun videos to mock. Really annoyed they didn't let Drew see the Airship Battles in Skies of Arcadia. I was curious what he thought of them.

Strax

Latest Demo Derby was a dud. Most of the demos were pretty bad and short with no fun videos to mock. Really annoyed they didn't let Drew see the Airship Battles in Skies of Arcadia. I was curious what he thought of them.

Yeah this was def. the weakest Demo Derby but I still liked it.

They're saving it for Skies of Drewcadia to start after MGScanlon.

as happy as I was that they showed Dynamite Cop, it somehow showed the least amusing part of the entire game. Those discs were really crappy.

I enjoyed it. The Dreamcast internet segment and that hoverboarding segment were both really funny and the Kiss segment was funny too.

no I think the guys did well for what they had to work with, I just think the discs themselves were really poor.

Bacon

I enjoyed it. The Dreamcast internet segment and that hoverboarding segment were both really funny and the Kiss segment was funny too.

FStop7

Banned
I'm surprised no one has commented on this from Jeff's blog yet:

What do you think are the companies that Jeff felt iffy about but still accepted as sponsors?
It's gotta be
UNLIMITED ANIME!!!!!!!!!!
, right?

I want to see the receipts on Nature Box. I've checked their website a few times and can't find any published nutrition info on their products.

LiK

yea, internet segment was fun. I was just annoyed they didn't check every mode for Skies of Arcadia. one of the rules they made for Demo Derby was to check everything on the discs and they didn't do that. c'mon Dan.

Myggen

Yeah, agree. It's pretty clear that the Playstation discs will have the most crazy stuff on them in general because they're so elaborate, but I wouldn't call this Demo Deby a dud by any means.

yea, internet segment was fun. I was just annoyed they didn't check every mode for Skies of Arcadia. one of the rules they made for Demo Derby was to check everything on the discs and they didn't do that. c'mon Dan.

Well, the rule isn't to check out everything inside the demo, just to check out every demo. He climbed the ladder and scrolled through some dialog, so they at least followed the letter of Demo Derby law with that one.

If I remember that game correctly, that mode isn't very exciting at all so you didn't miss much. It's not a game that lends itself to a demo, like pretty much every jrpg of that era.

Speaking of Skies of Arcadia, I actually tried to go back to that game a couple of years ago when I bought a Dreamcast. Turns out that my patience for random enounters is not what it once was. Holy shit there's a lot of random encounters in that game. I heard later editions of the game toned that down a bit, which can only be a good thing.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
The "worst" part of any Demo Derby is when they actually play the demos. There, I said it.

She might forget that she has to show up to announce that Jeff Green is the newest member of the bombcrew. I wouldn't want her to miss it.
Now I'll probably be disappointed when they announce who the new hire is :/

LiK

Yeah, agree. It's pretty clear that the Playstation discs will have the most crazy stuff on them in general because they're so elaborate, but I wouldn't call this Demo Deby a dud by any means.

Well, the rule isn't to check out everything inside the demo, just to check out every demo. He climbed the ladder and scrolled through some dialog, so they at least followed the letter of Demo Derby law with that one.

If I remember that game correctly, that mode isn't very exciting at all so you didn't miss much. It's not a game that lends itself to a demo.

most of the DC demos didn't have music either so that didn't help. those publishers really cheaped out on them. hopefully they go back to PS Underground.

and I disagree, Airship Battles in Skies was fun and had a fantastic battle theme. get out.

Ever since some guy at PAX Q&A said "hire Cara Ellison" I now want them to never hire Cara Ellison.

If there's one thing you can count on Jeff to not do it's something that the community has requested of him. That guy sealed Cara Ellison's fate with that question.

Myggen

most of the DC demos didn't have music either so that didn't help. those publishers really cheaped out on them. hopefully they go back to PS Underground.

Yeah, from what little I remember of the Dreamcast it usually had pretty shitty demos, at least the ones I played growing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom