• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a nice moment in PUBG where I saw a poor guy trying to swim across the sea to avoid the electric zone. Picked him up in my boat, dropped him off at shore, and we went our separate ways. Actually surprised he didn't try to pull a Vinny and shoot me from the passenger seat.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Dan should have swigged that ranch soda.

For someone who has a wedding sponsored by Taco Bell and drinks 12 sodas a day, Dan is a disappointment.

I challenge Dan to a one-on-one ranch soda competition. Whoever barfs first, loses.

Poyunch

Had a nice moment in PUBG where I saw a poor guy trying to swim across the sea to avoid the electric zone. Picked him up in my boat, dropped him off at shore, and we went our separate ways. Actually surprised he didn't try to pull a Vinny and shoot me from the passenger seat.
Man, moments like this in competitive games are awesome.

This sounds incredible. It'd make me so happy. Little moments like this always make me ecstatic in competitive games. Driving up to an enemy in a Warthog in Halo and honking the horn and they get in, or waving to an enemy in Overwatch and not shooting each other for a few seconds. Little friendly moments are so great.

Really want to encounter that in PUBG.

hamchan

It's called murder island not helping island.

I actually had a Vinny moment tonight where Xander Cage knocked me out with an SMG while I was driving the motorcycle. Apparently it was a weird lag thing because he wasn't aiming at me at all.

oti

Banned
Fantasy American Football sounds like the worst possible idea and WHY DOES THIS EXIST.

There's no tennis game but there's this garbage?

Jennipeg

The format of Sony's E3 2016 conference was excellent. I don't need business suits talking about the greatness of the platform or devs talking for 5 minutes to contextualize a gameplay demo we're about to see. Letting the games speak for themselves is great, and it's clearly what most people want. Nintendo understood this when they started the Direct business.

The orchestra's a nice touch, too.

I was puzzled by GB's lukewarm response to last years Sony conference, but then Gio Corsi presented at the Playstation Experience and really injected some personality into the thing. Jeff actually tweeted about it, asking people to imagine a whole conference presented by Gio, suddenly I understood what he felt was lacking at E3 (I also enjoy the Vita references).

Tubobutts

He gets the chicks. Go Drew!
image.php

Curufinwe

I was puzzled by GB's lukewarm response to last years Sony conference, but then Gio Corsi presented at the Playstation Experience and really injected some personality into the thing. Jeff actually tweeted about it, asking people to imagine a whole conference presented by Gio, suddenly I understood what he felt was lacking at E3 (I also enjoy the Vita references).

Corsi's shtick is bad enough in small doses. A whole conference of it would be a disaster.

oti

Banned

oh god no

Zaph

I don't need someone with personality to sell me products. Just show me the trailer and gameplay.

This seems to be what a lot of GAF wants, but yeah, no thanks

Sure, it can be hit or miss, with boring segments and some awkward hosts, but if we reduce the stage-shows down to "feed me the trailers", they may as well just stream an MP4 - and GB's commentary will end up dry af

Brakara

I don't need someone with personality to sell me products. Just show me the trailer and gameplay.

Which you can get all year on Youtube. If that's all you want, obviously E3 press conferences are not for you. An E3 presser without any personality is like the most boring thing ever.

oti

Banned
This seems to be what a lot of GAF wants, but yeah, no thanks

Sure, it can be hit or miss, with boring segments and some awkward hosts, but if we reduce the stage-shows down to "feed me the trailers", they may as well just stream an MP4 - and GB's commentary will end up dry af

Sony was great. Orchestra, a few words, lots of video.

For real, what is up with this sudden love for marketing bs. I don't get it.

Which you can get all year on Youtube. If that's all you want, obviously E3 press conferences are not for you. An E3 presser without any personality is like the most boring thing ever.

It's not about the personalities. You can read interviews for that. Or do you really love seeing someone shouting "that was so amazing you guys, we are amazing, yay"?

Look, we would not have gotten weed3 if you boring trailer only folks are in charge of things.

Full stop. weed3 was magical. But that wasn't a presser. That was a magical train wreck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom