• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizzacat

Banned
Licensed anime fighters. Like the cyberconnect Naruto games, that treasure Bleach Wii fighting game, or some of those Dragon Ball Z fighting games on PS2.

I'm glad there's a beta to try out gamepad controls.
Those are arena fighters. Anime = GG and blazblue and the like not entirely because they're anime in design but also they have rules and mechanics that feed into that anime mindset

Like SFA3 is anime because it's bonkers

daveo42

Banned
Regardless of how good or bad it turns out I'm pretty sure everyone on staff has written it off, which is a bit of a bummer

Alex will defend it till the cows come home. Also, I think they aren't talking about it all that much because it was just a test fire. Not much to see other than the small spinet that was part of the stress test, and that seemed to be 90% old stuff to begin with.

This seems awesome. Can't wait to see more.

knDmyML.png

lauu6k.gif

BASED BRAD

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm kind of surprised how much they liked Rising Thunder but dont play Gundam EX Vs

To me, the 3d arena fighting games like that, Tenkaichi, seemingly ARMS are a lot more approachable because they prioritized skill priority, cooldowns, meter management instead of all that AND inputs and frames. Obviously they do stuff with frames too but its much easier for a new player to jump into an EXVS and have some fun than a Tekken or even an Injustice. Even when I was playing much better plays in EXVS Boost I felt like I could do something to them even if I knew I'd lose because I didn't have to remember how to clash, remember combos, remember combos into combos, remember cancels, remember charged up/meter drain specials, etc.

Hindl

New Breaking Brad! #content
Alex will defend it till the cows come home. Also, I think they aren't talking about it all that much because it was just a test fire. Not much to see other than the small spinet that was part of the stress test, and that seemed to be 90% old stuff to begin with.

This seems awesome. Can't wait to see more.
I think they meant Jeff seemed to hate Arms, not Splatoon 2

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm kind of surprised how much they liked Rising Thunder but dont play Gundam EX Vs

To me, the 3d arena fighting games like that, Tenkaichi, seemingly ARMS are a lot more approachable because they prioritized skill priority, cooldowns, meter management instead of all that AND inputs and frames. Obviously they do stuff with frames too but its much easier for a new player to jump into an EXVS and have some fun than a Tekken or even an Injustice. Even when I was playing much better plays in EXVS Boost I felt like I could do something to them even if I knew I'd lose because I didn't have to remember how to clash, remember combos, remember combos into combos, remember cancels, remember charged up/meter drain specials, etc.

Eh, not really comparable just due to the freedom of the arena vs rising thunder's singular place. They seem pretty dismissive of stuff like that and virtual on.

BearPawB

Banned
So I don't know much about crypt of the necrodancer.
(one of the few steam returns i've ever made, i have no sense of rhythm and this game proved it)

What character is brad likely to pick? is there an easiest?

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
my girlfriends cat jumped on my lap as I was driving a car and getting shot at. I hit F... I was on a Kill Streak x3.

It was my best run so far.

I also baited 2/3 of those players too. I left a bunch of loot in a room and gunned them down as they passed the threshold.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
my girlfriends cat jumped on my lap as I was driving a car and getting shot at. I hit F... I was on a Kill Streak x3.

It was my best run so far.

I also baited 2/3 of those players too. I left a bunch of loot in a room and gunned them down as they passed the threshold.

Should we call the police?

That Playstation VR shooter doesn't look very good. But I'd seriously consider getting that zapper and headset if Sega, Namco, Konami, and all the rest port their lightgun games. I want a virtual reality Revolution X cabinet.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Maaan Crypt is not even that hard to do All Zones, I beat the daily challenge probably 10-15% of the time and thats doing a single attempt a day. For comparison I've put dozens of hours into Gungeon and never gotten to level 4

EDIT: Not to downplay the challenge but when you know what you're doing it is very very easy to play Crypt "safely" even if you aren't totally efficient

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom