• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb Thread The Third: #TeamBrad

Status
Not open for further replies.
KfHNr.jpg

Don't know what GiantBomb is? Check out this FAQ on the site.

Who is Giant Bomb really? said:
From top to bottom, Giant Bomb is a collection of dudes who freakin' love video games. Our editorial team has collectively played and written about video games professionally for over 30 years, and they're not looking to quit anytime soon. I mean, what else could they do at this point, really?

But really Giant Bomb is a site about Wizards, Bufu, China Not Caring and #TeamBrad.

The second thread went by pretty quickly, so here we at the third Giant Bomb thread.

For those who somehow missed the old threads, this is a catch-all Giant Bomb thread. Between premium content, general site discussion and special live events, there's a little too much to keep everything in the Quick Look thread.

So if you have something Giant Bomb related that doesn't already have a dedicated thread this is the place.

You can find the other GB related threads here:

Endurance Run (Deadly Premonition)

Endurance Run (Chrono Trigger)

Quick Look OT1

Quick Look OT2

The Giant Bomb thread of not a podcast, Quick Look or Endurance Run - Emails? (Catch-all OT1)

Giant Bomb Thread 2: A thread on a popular internet message board (Catch-all OT2)

Bombcast threads are posted every week shortly after the podcast goes live.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

If you're looking for an easy way to watch video content on your iOS device, check out Giant Bomb Video Buddy, a cool fan-made app.

Props to catotheyounger for the CBS/GB crossover image, and Green Scar and Bolt Vanderhuge for the thread title.

logo.png

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
I'm still catching up on the big live, but man I love giantbomb

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
BLLS 3 Was the best piece of content they've ever produced, hopefully it leads into a great year for the GB crew.

Do we know who won the tshirt war?

OMG Aero

BLLS 3 Was the best piece of content they've ever produced, hopefully it leads into a great year for the GB crew.

Do we know who won the tshirt war?
I vaguely remember them mentioning at some point that China Don't Care sold 1000+ shirts and Fuck Ryan Davis was in the hundreds so technically Ryan won, but really the fact that there are going to be at least 100+ Fuck Ryan Davis shirts around the world means that Jeff really won.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Oh hey, new thread. #TeamVinny

Gomu Gomu

They're not according to Patrick's FormSpring.

God damn it, why not? :(.

I reckon they could have easily sent Jeff for write ups and on-camera talent, and Vinny or Drew for filming/editing.

I mean, just image how awesome would it be to have Jeff wandering around the show floor looking at some Japanese games and what not.

Hoo-doo

Banned
They're not according to Patrick's FormSpring.

That's a bummer.

Their podcasts from Japan were amazing, just to hear them talk about the weird stores they visited and the strange food and customs they encountered there.
I get that it's pretty much not worth it for the actual game-related content though. But then again, i'd pay just to watch them do pretty much anything in Japan.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Pretty sure they said it's because they can't find any content of value at TGS, seeing that the more "note-worthy" games are already announced for the west usually, so the expanse of actually going there made no sense.

I didn't watch the BLLSL but I did watch the #TeamBrad youtube clip over the weekend. So good. That moment was so fantastic I went back and read the BLLSL thread to see gaf's reaction

Is Wario banned yet :p

Mr. F

Banned
GAF DON'T CARE

Been catching up on the BLLS in small chunks, its been pretty solid. Beauty of watching the archived footage is the ability to skip over the awkward/slow/boring parts.

On the site, what happened to the "upcoming events" thing? Where it would show you what is upcoming in terms of quicklooks, etc.

IIRC it disappears when nothing is scheduled.

Edit: Beaten.

Mikey Jr.

On the site, what happened to the "upcoming events" thing? Where it would show you what is upcoming in terms of quicklooks, etc.

Gomu Gomu

Pretty sure they said it's because they can't find any content of value at TGS, seeing that the more "note-worthy" games are already announced for the west usually, so the expanse of actually going there made no sense.
Aren't there usually announcements and new game reveals over at TGS? I mean come on, at the end of the day, it's one of the biggest gaming events of the year. And it's not like there aren't enough people to cover new releases the next week.

Eh, at any rate, thank god we have 8-4 Play, who have been doing the most amazing coverage of the Japanese gaming scene.

Antiwhippy

Aren't there usually announcements and new game reveals over at TGS? I mean come on, at the end of the day, it's one of the biggest gaming events of the year. And it's not like there aren't enough people to cover new releases the next week.

I think the problem is that there isn't really any major new releases? At least that's their reasoning anyway.

Also, small team, and an even smaller video team.

Antiwhippy

Unless it's like pre-planned, stuff usually shows up within 24-10 hours.

Also sometimes they don't seem to update during the weekends.

It's very inconsistent.

faridmon

Ohh wow.....really?

But, like, torchlight 2 and borderlands 2 are coming out. Did they say they were taking a break or something?

Jeff is writing a review for Boderlands 2 (which he might have finished some time ago if I love Monday is to be believed) I think he is going to publish it to-day or to-morrow.

Ohh wow.....really?

But, like, torchlight 2 and borderlands 2 are coming out. Did they say they were taking a break or something?

I'm sure there will be stuff this week. They probably were so focused on the BLLSL last week that they haven't set up specifics. There will probably be an I Love Monday today to cover that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom