• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Girl loses feet on ride at Six Flags

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3wThr33

Banned
God. They are really toeing the line with security at parks these days, aren't they?
I'd give an arm and a leg to see that.
That's a great way to kick off summer.
Six Flags doesn't have a leg to stand on.
She'll never set foot in that park again.

Also ones I can't relate but came to mind:
Best foot forward
Foot in the mouth

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
BobJustBob said:
It's a fair trade. I would sell both my legs for two million dollars.

Two million is low. If I was older and/or had somebody to pass it on to + could still use my penis for most of it, i'd do it for like a billion.

BobJustBob said:
It's a fair trade. I would sell both my legs for two million dollars.

Yeah, with proper restraint you can live off 2 million the rest of your life. I like video games, and I'd gladly give up DDR a cold 2 M.

Amir0x

Banned
you would really give up your feet for 2 million? really? I think you are grossly underestimating your feetses importance, but to each their own!

glistenm

Banned
Amir0x said:
you would really give up your feet for 2 million? really? I think you are grossly underestimating your feetses importance, but to each their own!

I would, prosthetics are pretty crazy nowadays.

I still wanna know what kinda malfunction could gimp a person like that.

Amir0x

Banned
glistenm said:
I would, prosthetics are pretty crazy nowadays.

I still wanna know what kinda malfunction could gimp a person like that.

yeah but you'd always be known as 'nutty prosthetic boy', and that's no life at all!

Kak.efes

If they can re-attach dicks, I'm sure they can re-attach feet. So you get your feet back, and a multi million dollar lawsuit to boot (er), sweet deal.

glistenm

Banned
Amir0x said:
yeah but you'd always be known as 'nutty prosthetic boy', and that's no life at all!

Pfft, with 2 million and stubs, I'd find the freakiest bitches I could to DP.

I don't think it can get better than that.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
That ride usually has your legs hanging out, and I'd imagine the girl bent her legs towards the tower as the carriage dropped.

Expected response: feet guards installed for the bottom row.

This happened here in Louisville, they had "breaking news" on it. I'm not sure what happened, I haven't heard much on it, but I think they said its on that ride "Hellivator" that takes you all the way up to the top and drops you - it its just a giant pole or whatever with a carriage around it and it rises to the top and drops. I am clueless how this could happen but this really really sucks, and I hope this girl is alright.

Hitokage said:
That ride usually has your legs hanging out, and I'd imagine the girl bent her legs towards the tower as the carriage dropped.

Expected response: feet guards installed for the bottom row.

If that's the case, her feet may not have been completely severed -- they were probably crushed and had to be amputated.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
I wish rides (rollercoasters specifically) were as dangerous as they should be. Like one death per ride per day.

HolyStar

Banned
Wait did she just loose her feet or the whole part of her legs. Either way she will have at least 2 million from this lawsuit.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Traumahound said:
I'm betting on less cut off and more ripped off.

Steel framing + stupid KPH + the weight of one of those carriages = a surprisingly clean slice.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
glistenm said:
Pfft, with 2 million and stubs, I'd find the freakiest bitches I could to DP.

I don't think it can get better than that.

I was thinking along these lines too until the thought of sex without feet kind of took the wind out of my sails... stubby. :(

Here's more on it, I haven't been there in years, but the name of the ride is Superman Tower of Power when Six Flags took over the park:

One person was injured during a ride at Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom today, a park official said.

The accident happened around 4:45 p.m. on the Superman Tower of Power, said Six Flags spokeswoman Wendy Goldberg.

The extent of the person’s injury was unknown, Goldberg said. A Louisville Metrosafe official said the victim's foot was severed.

The ride takes passengers straight up 177 feet before a free-fall of 154 feet, reaching a speed of 54 mph.

It is unclear at what point during the ride the person was injured, Goldberg said.

The person was taken to a local hospital for treatment. Louisville EMS said it could not comment on the extent of the person’s injuries due to privacy laws.
http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070621/NEWS01/70621039

That's just terrible. That poor girl.

RiskyChris said:
Yeah, with proper restraint you can live off 2 million the rest of your life. I like video games, and I'd gladly give up DDR a cold 2 M.

Put it in the bank, and live off the interest.

Tenacious-V

Thinks his PR is better than yours.
According to the video clip in the link, a cable snapped during the malfunction and sliced her feet off when it whipped by.....

BlackMage

Banned
could you imagine if that cable sliced off everyone's feet as it whipped by? could you imagine walking under superman the ride and it raining feet on you?

Tenacious-V said:
According to the video clip in the link, a cable snapped during the malfunction and sliced her feet off when it whipped by.....

Cut off it is.

Christ, imagine if that wire hit a foot or two higher. Um, no pun intended.

Cubsfan23 said:
Local media is going crazy here.........Thank God I haven't been there in 5 years

Remember when they opened Chang and the ride stopped and people were stuck up there in the roller coaster (its one of those hanging roller coasters, you aren't sitting on anything, for those who don't know - you're in a harness) - and they were stuck up there for like TWELVE hours while the Louisville fire department and Kentucky Kingdom's management argued over who should get them down, eventually the Fire Department got them down with a ladder.

Cubsfan23

Banned
Hollywood_mIRC said:
Remember when they opened Chang and the ride stopped and people were stuck up there in the roller coaster (its one of those hanging roller coasters, you aren't sitting on anything, for those who don't know - you're in a harness) - and they were stuck up there for like TWELVE hours while the Louisville fire department and Kentucky Kingdom's management argued over who should get them down, eventually the Fire Department got them down with a ladder.

yes I remember......**** chang, it always made my knees hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom