• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War details, in-depth RPG systems, No load screens, plus more

I'm really excited to get my eyes on more of this game. I couldn't be assed to buy the last GoW game (Ascension or the remaster) due to brand fatigue, which is why these changes are music to my ears.

Hoping they show some crazy combat at PSX or TGS.

For instance, the troll speaks ancient Norse, which the kid understands, but Kratos doesn’t. This allows the team to focus on a new dynamic with Kratos and his son.

This explains why the troll was speaking in "english" when the point of view is behind the son before he fired the arrow.

That is some attention to detail that could've easily been missed. Stoked for this game now. Calling it, main character is Kratos' son!

One of the things I'm most excited about is learning and adapting to new play styles in a God of War game. One of the biggest fatigue factors has been the ability to have a whole new title come out but I already know all the moves and combos. I know exactly how Kratos is supposed to move and make his way around environments

I like games that break out of the old formula but there must be some nostalgia and remnants of the previous game. I like the new direction, I like the starting story behind this. It's not just about Kratos going on rampage needlessly. I cant wait to see how it turns out but most definitely I WILL BE BUYING THIS GAME.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
This explains why the troll was speaking in "english" when the point of view is behind the son before he fired the arrow.

That is some attention to detail that could've easily been missed. Stoked for this game now. Calling it, main character is Kratos' son!

you're right. i went back and watched the demo again.

good catch. awesome stuff.

DrD

It sounds like they read my mind on how to make the next God of War, this feels like the change the series needed badly. I wonder if we'll get to see Kratos Junior's mom.

Seyavesh

the kid will die and when you press X to son kratos gets very angry and does big attacks

you will press X to son and kill the final boss with your powerful 'my son is DEAD' button

or vice versa but i think that instead of 'press x to son' it should be the batman button if that's the case

I'm actually really stoked for the introduction of the "son"... What a better way to humanize a character than force him to be a dad? The entire reason he has been pissed off for seven games (I'm gonna count the mobile game) is because of his tragic back story (points for no spoilers?). Can't be angry any more! Time to grow the fuck up! At least... He can't be angry for the same reasons.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Posting again since people are missing this:

And really, that doesn't remotely sound far fetched. We had somewhat of a tutorial section and it still had a giant ass troll in it. And then they showed a dragon.

And it's Norse mythology.
Oh no doubt. This was just a baby teaser if you will. ;p
Full game should be pretty damn fun and jaw-dropping as well.

LuuKyK

Uhm, I am just now watching the trailer in better quality from the Sony channel, but I didn't notice before that there is this ghost that runs away.

You can see it standing right above Kratos' son at 3:35 and then at 3:45 on Kratos' right you can see the same ghost just moves out of the way. WTF? Creepy.

And there is also a fairy (?) at 6:45. Its probably known by now. Just saying though.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
For instance, the troll speaks ancient Norse, which the kid understands, but Kratos doesn’t.

This. Is. Awesome.

I will be drinking mead and listening to Amon Amarth while ravaging monsters from Norse mythology in this game.

I remember the leak thread and it's negativity towards Kratos as a character and "The revenge is done. Bury the series" bullshit.

Amazing what a pinch of TLOU sweetener can do to a game and it's reception.

Anyway, I'm HYPED! :D

duhmetree

Never played a God of War game. The e3 gameplay looked amazing... Never knew Kratos was such a bad mothafuka
Definitely day 1, probably a NEO showcase game. Can't wait

jayu26

Uhm, I am just now watching the trailer in better quality from the Sony channel, but I didn't notice before that there is this ghost that runs away.

You can see it standing right above Kratos' son at 3:35 and then at 3:45 on Kratos' right you can see the same ghost just moves out of the way. WTF? Creepy.

And there is also a fairy (?) at 6:45. Its probably known by now. Just saying though.

I hadn't notices the ghost. Nice catch.

I'm still floored by the intro of this game at the Sony conference. I've watched it several times I still find it amazing! The orchestra intro leading into the cutscene leading into gameplay was sublime! Absolute perfection!

Guess people are still hype for GOW. 4 million views in 24 hours. Right there with Battlefield 1 and Zelda as most popular E3 games so far.
I almost thought GOW had run its course, but I guess we were just tired of prequels XD

EGOMON

Holy shit! GOW reveal trailer now has over 4 Millions views!!

I thought only vocal minority who wanted a different God of War and this reveal would drive off most of the fan who loved the classic games but nope.
I mean i am in the more angry Kratos, fixed camera and epic boss fights club but am still gonna buy this day 1 i was afraid if they change the formula it will no longer be a God of War game but i think am starting to to like the new direction.

Elfstruck

Holy shiet, I just noticed that. Can't wait to see how this game pan out.

HussiZooT

Since the kid speaks the language of the land, who wants to place bets on the kid being Kratos' wingman and helping him get laid during the sex mini games as he watches from the sidelines - his dad pounding a goddess and telling him, "WHEN YOU'RE HUNGRY, YOU EAT!"

Okay, I'm sorry. Pls don't ban me.

wapplew

I think angry Kratos will back and all these suppression will make it payoff a lot better.
They will tease the beast throughout the game and then unleash it on act 4 and it will be super sweet.

Kain

I'm thinking the kid is not really Kratos' son and he is the child of a couple he murdered or something. Because Kratos is like this. And drama.

Since the kid speaks the language of the land, who wants to place bets on the kid being Kratos' wingman and helping him get laid during the sex mini games as he watches from the sidelines - his dad pounding a goddess and telling him, "WHEN YOU'RE HUNGRY, YOU EAT!"

Good lord lol

TEH-CJ

Banned

Fucking lmao.

TEH-CJ

Banned
I'm thinking the kid is not really Kratos' son and he is the child of a couple he murdered or something. Because Kratos is like this. And drama.

Think its been confirmed its his actual biological son. Although if thats the case then why doesn't Kratos understand the nordic language and his son does?

Nabbis

I remember the leak thread and it's negativity towards Kratos as a character and "The revenge is done. Bury the series" bullshit.

Amazing what a pinch of TLOU sweetener can do to a game and it's reception.

Anyway, I'm HYPED! :D

I don't think people expected them to completely remake this into another franchice. While Sony is not as conservative on making rehashed games as the other publishers, they don't try too much to stand out either. Hence the surprise.

wapplew

Cory said this in the interview
The Mother is very relevant, no mention who or dead or alive.

Joni

I wonder if the game will end with Kratos dying to save his son, who takes revenge after. I’m sure it will happen but I wonder which game will do it.

Think its been confirmed its his actual biological son. Although if thats the case then why doesn't Kratos understand the nordic language and his son does?
Im assuming he was an absent father. Probably hooked up with some goddess or demi-godess in his travels and she decided to drop the news on him on her death bed.

I do wonder how much time has past since GOW 3. Im going to guess a really really long time and Kratos ages super slow or some shit.

Hmmm can't say I'm convinced by it yet. Really wish they gone with a new IP instead and kept Kratos out of it. Hopefully we get more gameplay soon but the changes just don't seem or feel right with what they've done with the series.

Just gotta post this again just cuz. Kratos should have always been bearded.

giphy.gif

Top Bottom