• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War E3 thread (impressions, interviews and new info)

WelcomePitifulDungbeetle.gif

Ricky_R

I gotta say... I've been watching the clip quite a few times and I'm actually fascinated by Kratos's new voice and performance. It's just a short clip, I know, but the performance was on point every single time. I can't wait to see this new version of Kratos and what can the new actor do with a more fleshed out character.

Also, there's a particular moment that I find pretty impressive for some reason. Just the way it looks and animates. It's when Kratos tells his son that the deer is getting away and the kid starts running... Kratos then grabs the arc to adjust it on his shoulder while he stands up. Just the way he does it and how realistic it looks from the movement, the hand, etc.

For some reason it really caught my eye.

Mouse Cop

there are at least weak and strong attack and you can do button combination for combos similar to the old GoW. then there's Axe throw, the ground pound thing, also command the boy to shoot lightning arrow. you can also use your fist when your axe is thrown.

so far, there seems to actually have more stuff you can do compare to old GoW.

Have they said that? Because it kind of just looks like L1 R1 might be for attack and hammer throw. If they have weak, heavy, grapple, and kid combos I'm sold. I just want some damn action in this game because everything else looks SOOO GOOOD.

I'm so confused about how this is actually Kratos. How did he get to this whole other world? How did he survive? What happened with Athena?

Arg

dmshaposv

Sony will give SSM the same timeframe as naughty dog and guerilla games (their top level studios).

Uncharted 4 (E3 2014 reveal, E3 2015 release date given, Early 2016 delay, May 2016 release)

I expect the following for GG and SSMs game:

horizon (E3 2015 reveal, E3 2016 release date given, Early 2017 delay, May 2017 release)

God of war (E3 2016 reveal, E3 2017 release date given for 2018, Early 2018 delay, May 2018 release)

Basically its a 2 year E3 cycle, before release.

(TloU 2 would be a 2019 game)

MaxHouse

Banned
oh man, this looks amazing..

just imagine a line in the game where the son asks "Father, how did you get your ashes"

wouldn't that be an intense scene

MaxHouse

Banned
has anyone thought of the theory that the ghost thing could be Athena?

maybe she has been watching over Kratos and his son ever since he got to Scandinavia

maybe she has some relationship with the Norse Gods or something...

just a thought

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
This is like my 'slow burn' game this E3. It didn't blow me away immediately like Zelda or Horizon did, but it is more impressive to more you think about it and get more info. The 0 cuts thing and axe mechanics sound great.

IaAaFGp.jpg

Would not be the least bit surprised if the runes on the axe represent different upgrades purchased for that weapon.

Ow yeah, that's totally the skill tree progression on that axe. Very cool.

I'll post this here too

So... any idea of what the runes on the omega in the title means together? We could already have a subtitle for the game without knowing it lol.

I have tried but to na avail.

gowpckja.png

I kinda know what each letter corrisponds to, but i can't make an actual word.

Any thoughts?

MaxHouse

Banned
so the troll...I think it seemed like he knows of Kratos...

I wonder if this time its more the Norse Gods coming after Kratos instead of him going after them, because it would seem odd for him to go after the Norse gods (he doesn't have the same connection to them that he had with the Olympians)

but the Norse pantheon finds out the "man that took down the Olympians" is in their realm

what do you guys think?

CrazyDude

so the troll...I think it seemed like he knows of Kratos...

I wonder if this time its more the Norse Gods coming after Kratos instead of him going after them, because it would seem odd for him to go after the Norse gods (he doesn't have the same connection to them that he had with the Olympians)

but the Norse pantheon finds out the "man that took down the Olympians" is in their realm

what do you guys think?

I going to guess it will have something do with the kid.

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
Reading all these theories and speculations is making me so damned hyped for they game !

-d0hv

Edit- And got damn the E3 demo has over 6,000,000 views already. That's crazy.

MaxHouse

Banned
I going to guess it will have something do with the kid.

it seems like the prevailing theory is that the kid is Thor

Thor, in traditional norse mythology is portrayed with red hair instead of the sort of (stereotypical Scandinavian blond hair marvel version) plus he has a lighting attack

I really like the theory that Kratos could become Odin and this is sort of a pre-odin norse mythology, and the son is Thor

TEH-CJ

Banned
Guys..I just came up with an awesome theory. What if...The kids mother is the Greek goddess Artemis! She is the goddess of hunting and she even helps Kratos during God of War 1.

She ventured into Scandinavia after the chaos Kratos caused in Greece, you cross paths with her almost killing eachother then BAM! you guys fuck like rabbits.

CrazyDude

it seems like the prevailing theory is that the kid is Thor

Thor, in traditional norse mythology is portrayed with red hair instead of the sort of (stereotypical Scandinavian blond hair marvel version) plus he has a lighting attack

I really like the theory that Kratos could become Odin and this is sort of a pre-odin norse mythology, and the son is Thor
Reddit theory makes more sense that he is Ullr, who is Thor's step son, and that Kratos had sex with Thor's wife. That would makes the gods angry.

MaxHouse

Banned
Guys..I just came up with an awesome theory. What if...The kids mother is the Greek goddess Artemis! She is the goddess of hunting and she even helps Kratos during God of War 1.

She ventured into Scandinavia after the chaos Kratos caused in Greece, you cross paths with her almost killing eachother then BAM! you guys fuck like rabbits.

the kid has to be half-norse though....He is obviously half-Spartan from Kratos side...but he has red hair and quite fair skin, Scandinavian features

if he was full greek I don't think the son's character mode would fit... plus the kid understands ancient norse unlike Kratos, so I'm assuming he was born there

TEH-CJ

Banned
the kid has to be half-norse though....He is obviously half-Spartan from Kratos side...but he has red hair and quite fair skin, Scandinavian features

if he was full greek I don't think the son's character mode would fit... plus the kid understands ancient norse unlike Kratos, so I'm assuming he was born there

Ahh yeah that's true. Makes sense!

I like the idea that the Norse Gods want to hunt Kratos down simply because he is Kratos. They know of his past and they want to end him. It would turn who was formerly the hunter into the hunted.

It would also allow Kratos to slip in and out of his "I'm reserved now" and "Welp, time to bring back the rage!" phases.

CrazyDude

I like the idea that the Norse Gods want to hunt Kratos down simply because he is Kratos. They know of his past and they want to end him. It would turn who was formerly the hunter into the hunted.

It would also allow Kratos to slip in and out of his "I'm reserved now" and "Welp, time to bring back the rage!" phases.

I am going to guess that the Norse gods are hunting the kid and not Kratos. I think it would be better if the Norse gods don't really know Kratos. It makes sense why Kratos is teaching his kid throughout the game.

MaxHouse

Banned
It doesn't look like her to be honest... Maybe it's the mother that is watching Kratos and her son.

well the figure looks like a ghost, so I assumed it was Athena wearing a cloak or something

but it could be the mother like you said, thats probably the better guess

Top Bottom