• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War E3 thread (impressions, interviews and new info)

Blood and Gore
Strong Language
Intense violence
Nudity
Strong Sexual content

sounds like we'll be getting some mini games after all
jhzLc.gif

bunkitz

Ooh, sweet. Hmm. I wonder if the axe could be used to climb things as well? In the same way that the Blades of Chaos were used, only now it could function more like how Lara uses her climbing axe or Nate's erm, piton, was it?

Totally random thing, but anybody else here who'd love an encyclopedia to be in the game? I love mythologies, especially Greek and Norse, so now that the game's having RPG elements, I just thought it would be really cool if we could read about the different enemies we encounter. Although, that may not make much sense considering how foreign and unknown the land is to Kratos, going by the descriptions.

ced

I keep watching the video.

At about 2:53 you can see the damaged and burned trees that has to be from that troll, and there is a body pinned to the tree with a spear. The body has red tatoos that resemble the ones on Kratos, probably not related.

jett

D-Member
I wonder if they're just ignoring GOW3'e ending. He has his GOW2 scar, but uh he got a much more massive injury in GOW3 lol.

Strong Sexual content

I wonder how they're going to handle this in this day and age.

wapplew

I wonder if they're just ignoring GOW3'e ending. He has his GOW2 scar, but uh he got a much more massive injury in GOW3 lol.

I wonder how they're going to handle this in this day and age.

Show same amount of dicks to balance things out.

This was a strong reveal. I felt connected to Kratos and his son the second the demo started. And that is pretty amazing for them to achieve.

I think the ESRB stuff is related to GoW in general rather than this game. It wouldn't really make sense for SSM to have submitted anything outside the demo to the ESRB given that the game isn't coming out any time soon.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I hope strong sexual content doesn't mean those stupid fucking mini games are in this

They couldn't possibly pull that off with all the effort that's going into making this a "serious" game. If there's female nudity you can bet it will follow a Witcher/Game of Thrones model and not be "press button to fuck these objects." More likely it will just be creatures with exposed breasts or something, with an outside chance of a romantic scene between Kratos and a woman.

Loudninja

I think the ESRB stuff is related to GoW in general rather than this game. It wouldn't really make sense for SSM to have submitted anything outside the demo to the ESRB given that the game isn't coming out any time soon.
Cory said it was rated M in a livestream.

Dart

So has anyone here spotted the cloaked figure at around the 1:35 mark in the gameplay demo? (next to the far right pillar, dashes away as kratos approaches)

In an IGN interview with the director Cory Barlog, he mentions of many spoilers/references sprinkled throughout the gameplay demo. I've been re-watching the demo with little luck, I'm bad at these things. I just thought it was really neat though.

zsynqx

So has anyone here spotted the cloaked figure at around the 1:35 mark in the gameplay demo? (next to the far right pillar, dashes away as kratos approaches)

In an IGN interview with the director Cory Barlog, he mentions of many spoilers/references sprinkled throughout the gameplay demo. I've been re-watching the demo with little luck, I'm bad at these things. I just thought it was really neat though.

b1SMqCa.gif

Also later in the demo

wVsBEYS.gif

Really good post by StalkerUKCG from other thread:

Kratos looks like he still has some level of power, No where near the power he had in older games. Willing to be he retained some level of Demi-God power anyway since he is the son of Zeus.

I pulled as many interesting things as I could find from the trailer.

The HUD, Notice the axe on the right quadrant and the bow at the bottom, Looks like weapons for Both Kratos and his son will be available as you play, Additionally no idea what the thing on the left is, Possibly magic? He does have a Horn and a Flask on his belt.
AaGjMoH.jpg

The Axe, It's Ice powered based on the footage, I can't find any Norse legend it matches.
IaAaFGp.jpg

The figure watching Kratos and Kidtos. Originally I figured it may have been the kids mother but it floats off to the right and the camera purposefully avoids it. The area before it has 3 different paths and Kratos goes left. I think it might be either an upgrade mechanic vendor or something similar. Doesn't look all that important.
aNLHqid.jpg

Scars of the chains glow when activating Spartan Rage, Looks like kratos binds his forearm to hid them. Neat little touch
LBVp3pY.jpg

Dire Wolf that quickly leaves the scene after being startled. Nice to see some wild life.
a5ru8NW.jpg

Flying magic fairy? We know you go to the fairy Kingdom due to the leaks, makes sense I guess. Still strange to see it outside the fairy portion of the game. Could be something else I suppose.
DqTQTU6.jpg

vin-buc

If they get the story's emotions right - this will be incredible. There's a father/son bond (with a beast for a father) - I mean c'mon which gamer father DOESNT want to play this? I'd play this with my son if there aren't any silly over the top sex scenes.

Seeing him come out the shadows in the reveal trailer was chilling. Put such a grin on my face. Hearing the crowd react to that as well - what an impact.

J-Skee

Saw this on Reddit:
200w.gif

And suddenly, I don't care for the speculations that
Kratos is Odin & the kid is Thor.
I wanna beat the crap out of Thor & take Mjölnir. But now that I think about it, this new reformed Kratos wouldn't pick a fight with the Norse hero, would he?

And suddenly, I don't care for the speculations that
Kratos is Odin & the kid is Thor.
I wanna beat the crap out of Thor & take Mjölnir. But now that I think about it, this new reformed Kratos wouldn't pick a fight with the Norse hero, would he?

man, for once, I hope the norse gods are not jerks and actually fight alongside Kratos against bigger threat or something.

Mouse Cop

Man, using R1 and L1 as attack button?? So conflicted with this game. it looks amazing, I dig the concept as well. Love the setting and even that it's more personal and story driven. However, the gameplay doesn't look fun. It looks like all you can do is run up and press R1 and L1 and take away control from the player with a cinematic. I like that games are taking story so seriously now and value character building, but I don't know if I'd trade that at the cost of game play. So far, I'd only play this because it looks pretty and I've played the past games. Hoping we get more in the future showing at least a drop of what the old combat used to be.

Man, using R1 and L1 as attack button?? So conflicted with this game. it looks amazing, I dig the concept as well. Love the setting and even that it's more personal and story driven. However, the gameplay doesn't look fun. It looks like all you can do is run up and press R1 and L1 and take away control from the player with a cinematic. I like that games are taking story so seriously now and value character building, but I don't know if I'd trade that at the cost of game play. So far, I'd only play this because it looks pretty and I've played the past games. Hoping we get more in the future showing at least a drop of what the old combat used to be.

there are at least weak and strong attack and you can do button combination for combos similar to the old GoW. then there's Axe throw, the ground pound thing, also command the boy to shoot lightning arrow. you can also use your fist when your axe is thrown.

so far, there seems to actually have more stuff you can do compare to old GoW.

etta

my hard graphic balls
"Won't be coming for another few years".

tumblr_m2iwfju1BW1qfrrv2o1_1280.png

Will this come before the next PlayStation revision?

Arkeband

Banned
I still think it's interesting that they went for the father figure thing again when it was done so, SO poorly in 3. They introduced a kid near the end that Kratos grew to love in like 10 minutes. Stig's entire "but kratos u have hope" pivot was so bad.

Has anyone theorized that Kratos's axe is from none other than HOD/Hodur/Hodr? He's the Norse god of winter.

Top Bottom