• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War |OT| Like Father, (Un)Like Son

DonF

In the meantime, Kratos and Son were spotted watching the Roma-Lazio football match in italy

MG_1156-950x400.jpg
Sony europe marketing is on another level, as always.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I'm Ready!
qvCkbqr.jpg

vU0VAyF.jpg
Nice reversible cover. The Evil Within 2 had a nice reversible cover, but it was almost too dark. Sometimes they're not even worth reversing, but this one is very nice.

That's a reversible cover right? Lol

Last edited:

dragos495

The amazon tracker shows my delivery will be friday until 8 or 9 effing pm!!! fcuuuuuuuuuuuk!

might go crazy and buy it digital as well and sell the one that comes with the collectors edition...

Vtecomega

Banned
I am probably one of the biggest god of war fans of all time, I even have a Kratos tattoo. excited for tomorrow despite my complaining in the other thread. Will be taking some awesome combat vids for you guys :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ar¢tos

Just finished pre-loading and already started downloading patch 1.10.
Are they releasing a new patch every other day? o_O

Edit: checked patch notes
660mb patch
  1. Showing speaker names in front of subtitles for additional context
  2. General economy balancing and tuning
  3. Enemy difficulty tuning
  4. Various other bug fixes and improvements
Every patch seems to tune difficulty. I hope they aren't on a nerf spree.

Last edited:

Sygma

Dunno about the nerf but the lighting definitely changed with that patch. Some areas are much lighter on that aspect which is well, too bad I guess ? but the direct consequence of that is the resolution mode running smoother

Last edited:

nowhat

Showing speaker names in front of subtitles for additional context
I hope this is optional, as someone who grew up in a country where dubbing really doesn't exist outside children's cartoons and some documentaries I'm completely used to subtitles, I don't think they need additional context.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
GameStop here is opening their doors at 9 PM. I had no idea they stopped doing midnight launches. Now they're at 9 PM. I'm going to go tonight.

Whats the reason that you can't buy on Amazon?
I bet Amazon themselves only have so many copies and then they have their affiliate sellers or whatever they're called. Maybe the warehouse ran out too soon, especially with games with Prime.

Last edited:
Played a few hours last night. Pretty impressed with the combat system so far.
But I'm not entirely sold on the camera. Feels like my awareness is compromised - I almost wish there was a classic camera that pulled back all the way. I'll probably just get used to it but that's my initial thought on it.
I hope this is optional, as someone who grew up in a country where dubbing really doesn't exist outside children's cartoons and some documentaries I'm completely used to subtitles, I don't think they need additional context.
It is optional. And I suggest turning it off, because seeing the name of a character before they reveal themselves is kinda dumb.

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

Played a few hours last night. Pretty impressed with the combat system so far.
But I'm not entirely sold on the camera. Feels like my awareness is compromised - I almost wish there was a classic camera that pulled back all the way. I'll probably just get used to it but that's my initial thought on it.
Welcome to Dark Souls! ;)
You will eventually learn to predict attacks from the sides and behind. Using headsets is a good solution because you can hear the footsteps of enemies outside the field of view and you will learn when to dodge and where to dodge to.

Welcome to Dark Souls! ;)
You will eventually learn to predict attacks from the sides and behind. Using headsets is a good solution because you can hear the footsteps of enemies outside the field of view and you will learn when to dodge and where to dodge to.
lol, I'm no stranger to Souls (imported Demon's Souls) but this is different. In DS you can easily funnel/kite enemies into your frontal cone. In this game you're constantly flanked, with some ranged enemies respawning in as well. Like I said, it just makes me wish there was a classic GoW camera so I have better awareness of when some off-camera ranged jerk is winding up for a throw, rather than when the projectile is already on its way to me.

Edit: I should also mention I'm playing on Hard (dead in ~3 hits), so it's possible that this is a nonissue on lower difficulties.

Last edited:

Arun1910

The amazon tracker shows my delivery will be friday until 8 or 9 effing pm!!! fcuuuuuuuuuuuk!

might go crazy and buy it digital as well and sell the one that comes with the collectors edition...

Guessing you've never ordered anything from Amazon before. Until 9pm is their normal window, it doesn't mean it's going to come at that time at all. I order from Amazon weekly and my stuff normally arrives between 11am-1pm.

Kagero

Stay away from the internet today if you don't want things spoiled. Stupid youtube thumbnails ruined some stuff for me :(

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Stay away from the internet today if you don't want things spoiled. Stupid youtube thumbnails ruined some stuff for me :(

That's been happening for a while now. I wonder if anyone at YouTube or at Sony even cares?

I don't want to even go to YouTube for anything game related for a while.

NovumAngel

Banned
That's been happening for a while now. I wonder if anyone at YouTube or at Sony even cares?

I don't want to even go to YouTube for anything game related for a while.
Yep YouTube is an absolute deathtrap right now, went on to it absent mindedly to check for something and was immediately bombarded with "God of War 4 Final Boss Fight", etc.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Yep YouTube is an absolute deathtrap right now, went on to it absent mindedly to check for something and was immediately bombarded with "God of War 4 Final Boss Fight", etc.

Whenever that happens I tend to tell myself that there is a worthwhile journey to get to that point. Often times I get focused on something else and I forget I ever saw the thumbnail.

Many years ago I saw the final fight in FFXII on YouTube before it came out in the states. I ended up really enjoying the game when it launched in NA. A part of me was let down by seeing it, but it worked out in the end.

Last edited:
Can’t wait to witness the smelly, unhygienic circus freak show of customers lining up to buy this at GS at 9pm.

Last time I did this I watched some soy kid nearly break down in tears as he was handed some Kingdom Hearts garbage 🤣

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I fucking hate that!!! Couldn't youtubers have little understanding to just use game's cover as thumbnails instead of spoiling for people?

Can’t wait to witness the smelly, unhygienic circus freak show of customers lining up to buy this at GS at 9pm.

Last time I did this I watched some soy kid nearly break down in tears as he was handed some Kingdom Hearts garbage 🤣
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Brizzo24

SbyNSxV.jpg

Awww yes! Too bad I'll be out of town Friday morning through Sunday night. I'll have to wait until then to get my gore on! But I am hype :)

Danjin44

I’m very interested finding out how Kratos became father again. After the event of the previous GOW, last thing he would want is to create another family.

Ar¢tos

I’m very interested finding out how Kratos became father again. After the event of the previous GOW, last thing he would want is to create another family.
Condoms were only invented much later.
Didn't he die in the end of GoW3?

Danjin44

After the credit of you see blood trail which suggest that he survived. My theory is that in greek realm he killed every god, including Hades so the concept of death was no longer applied on that broken world.

WaterAstro

Condoms were actually used in Ancient Egypt using the skin of fish bladder. Obviously, it's a fictional universe, but if it was actually Greece, maybe they had some.

I am getting so off topic lol.

Brizzo24

Perhaps. But I think it's more like what happened to Harry Potter in the Deathly Hollows. Kratos' evil/revenge side was killed off, or whatever attachments he had to the spiritual world. His physical body remained. And like Danjin44 suggests, perhaps Death couldn't take him since Death (Hades) no longer existed.

Ar¢tos

lol so he left Greece in complete destruction with no death and moved to terrorise another realm. I hope this game explains the events after gow3

Nope he doesn’t die at all.

He literally beats Zeus to death, meets up with his family briefly in the afterlife (or some other spiritual realm) then comes back, the chain blades fall from his arms and he goes on his way.

Last edited:

A.Romero

lol so he left Greece in complete destruction with no death and moved to terrorise another realm. I hope this game explains the events after gow3

I'm keeping my expectations low regarding this. I can't imagine any possible solution for this that sounds logical/good...

Danjin44

I'm keeping my expectations low regarding this. I can't imagine any possible solution for this that sounds logical/good...
Maybe His new wife found in brink of death and she healed him and end up living together and eventually having kid together.

Thanofski88

Neo Member
sooooo anyone knows what to do with those hdr bars??? kinda confused with both.got brightness to 100 and contrast at 65 so I can barely see the Ω symbol without losing any detail....

A.Romero

Maybe His new wife found in brink of death and she healed him and end up living together and eventually having kid together.

Yeah, sounds like how Ned Stark got his bastard son.

It's not difficult to imagine how Kratos would be able to meet people. The hard to believe part would be how Kratos was able to have some semblance of a normal life after so much time focused on rage, revenge and death. Also, can you imagine Kratos on normal family situation? If was a farmer and the crop got damaged somehow I'm pretty sure he would kill his family on a fit of rage!

In any case, I'm eagerly awaiting for my pre order to arrive. I can't wait to play it although I'm trying to manage my expectations regarding the connection of this game and the previous ones...

Psykodad

Banned
Took the day off tomorrow so I can play all night once the digital version unlocks in about 2 hours.
Been a while since I've been this hyped.

Btw: I wish youtube would take down spoilers. smh

Top Bottom