• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOG Halloween Sale

Fbh

44c741656368ce89ada798ea4d20889d22d55aab25481d053d4053ecec4e77de_takeover_bg_767.jpg

While not as big as Steam, GOG is also doing a Halloween sale so I thought it deserved a thread if anyone is looking to pick up some DRM free games.

Some Notable games:
The Witcher 3: Game of the year edition is -70%
Call of Cthulhu is -50%
Diablo + Hellfire - 15%
Hollow Knight -50%
Both Redux Metro games -75%
Blasphemous -15%
Blair Witch - 25%
Layers of Fear 2 -33%
Bloodstained -10%
Grim Fandango Remastered -75%
Mount & Blade (various titles) -60%

But there's a whole lot of games on sale right now so it's worth it to check out the site directly (if someone has found a complete list I'll gladly update the thread)

Additionally they've sent out an Email with a sort of game where if you press on certain items on an image you get additional discounts for some games (an additional 5% on Bloodstained, Hollow Knight, Grim Dawn, Blasphemous and Diablo). So if you are interested in those games check your Email (I'm not sure if the discount codes are generic or not).

Last edited:

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
How's Call of Cthulhu? Looked interesting, but I haven't heard anything since the announcement.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
How's Call of Cthulhu? Looked interesting, but I haven't heard anything since the announcement.

Personally I like the story and atmosphere. Nice detective work with clues to find, mysterious things to read about and people to talk to, but it never gets overwhelming, I think. I don't know about the performance on PC, but on Switch it's atrocious.

Last edited:
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Lots of good stuff there. Grim Fandango Remastered, Gemini Rue, Thimbleweed Park, Postal 1 and 2, Shovel Knight, all the (older) Dooms and Quakes, Mount and Blade, Sherlock Holmes, Spec Ops The Line, all very relevant to my interests.

xrnzaaas

It's got great atmosphere and it's probably the best feature of the game. Prepare to be disappointed if you expect an action game instead of an adventure one with some (weak) action & RPG bits. It's not a masterpiece, but still a very solid Cthulhu game and more enjoyable imo than The Sinking City.

Last edited:

Fbh

Lots of good stuff there. Grim Fandango Remastered, Gemini Rue, Thimbleweed Park, Postal 1 and 2, Shovel Knight, all the (older) Dooms and Quakes, Mount and Blade, Sherlock Holmes, Spec Ops The Line, all very relevant to my interests.

I've always wanted to check out Mount and Blade.
Which one is warband the newer/better one? Also how are they as single player games? I don't really care about MP

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
I've always wanted to check out Mount and Blade.
Which one is warband the newer/better one? Also how are they as single player games? I don't really care about MP
I've got Warband and I only tend to play single player (the only multiplayer gaming I do is iRacing) if that's of any interest - can't say I've put significant time into the others to comment on the differences.

Reactions: Fbh
Waitaminit... are there region locks on the Site? I can't find the Postal games...

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
This (the region lock) really seems to be the case. Never thought this would be happening with GOG. Curious..
Well that's disappointing. I guess regional rights issues may be at play - hard for them to do much with that I guess, still once you have that sweet download it's yours forever and you can keep a copy on your HD so tough titties :)

Top Bottom