• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Countdown Sale 2023 - 1700+ games on sale (Live now thru Jan 3rd)

Antwix

xbox-countdown-sale-2023-now-live-with-over-1400-discounts.jpg

Full list of games and prices can be found here :

Some random notable and decent priced sales from what I saw (USA pricing) :
  • Alan Wake 2 ($48)​
  • Mass Effect Legendary Edition ($6 !!!!)​
  • Modern Warfare III ($49)​
  • Diablo IV ($42)​
  • Sifu ($16)​
  • Mortal Kombat 1 ($42)​
  • Dredge ($18)​
  • Nier Automata ($16)​
  • Final Fantasy 7,8,9 - 60% off (as opposed to their eternal 50% off sale price)​
  • Gotham Knights ($14)​
  • Street Fighter 6 ($40)​
  • Elden Ring ($36)​
  • Resident Evil IV ($30)​

Zuzu

Just bought Alan Wake 2 Deluxe Edition, Resident Evil Code Veronica and Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core.

Thinking about getting Resident Evil 0…maybe some other games as well.

Shtef

Here is what i am picking up:

- red-dead-redemption-2
- grand-theft-auto-v
- ori-and-the-will-of-the-wisps
- bioshock-the-collection
- planet-of-lana
- sifu
- star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-deluxe

Cocksman

How are the Sherlock Holmes games? Warts and all, LA noire was my absolute jam back in the day. Would SH scratch that same kind of itch?

Antwix

Any decent BC titles?
If you're a fan of RPGs and somehow haven't played it yet, Dragon Age Origins is on sale for $2.24. Unfortunately it's just the base game though. Still a great game for a great price. Skate 3 for $3 is great fun too. Especially since the new Skate game coming out looks like a free-to-play stinker.

Reactions: Isa

RAIDEN1

If only they would bring out the next Mass Effect already, there is only so much mileage you can get out of playing the trilogy...over and over..

Well, I decided to grab Hi-Fi Rush at long last. PC mods suck anyways and it runs just as well on a Series S.

P.S. I am disappointed that the Neo Geo titles are never discounted and it is always the same backwards compatible titles getting discounts. Always looking to snag Max Payne 2 at a discount, but I may just as well grab the PC version for a third of the price.

Last edited:

Antwix

Well, I decided to grab Hi-Fi Rush at long last. PC mods suck anyways and it runs just as well on a Series S.

P.S. I am disappointed that the Neo Geo titles are never discounted and it is always the same backwards compatible titles getting discounts. Always looking to snag Max Payne 2 at a discount, but I may just as well grab the PC version for a third of the price.
Haha I've had 2 Neo Geo games on my wishlist for what seems like forever. One day.......

Haha I've had 2 Neo Geo games on my wishlist for what seems like forever. One day.......
Which two? I would be interested in acquiring Metal Slug III, Samurai Shodown IV, The Last Blade, The King of Fighters '96, Fatal Fury Special, and Real Bout Fatal Fury Special at ~$5 a piece myself.

Last edited:

Antwix

Which two? I would be interested in acquiring Metal Slug III, Samurai Shodown IV, The Last Blade, The King of Fighters '96, Fatal Fury Special, and Real Bout Fatal Fury Special at ~$5 a piece myself.
Big Tournament Golf and Super Baseball 2020. They're pretty cheap at $8 but I just play them via emulation from time to time. It'd be cool to have them on xbox though.

dave_d

Looks like Starfield is now on sale for $49.00.(I think the price is the same on Amazon.) Umm, is it worth about $50?(Seriously I haven't bought it yet, just wondering.)

Picked up the remasters of Chrono Cross, Tales of Symphonia (apparently it's been fixed), and Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen (had it for Switch, but it was like 5 bucks).

$35 when all said and told.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa
I have everything I need now, these sales are useless to me. Saturation is real.

Of course, finding the time or inclination to play the games I’ve bought over the years is a different story altogether.

Little Goody Two Shoes $16
Chants of Sennaar $16
Terminator Resistance $37

Terminator Resistance Enhanced is on sale for only $20 (not with dlc). That seems like a good price but is this game really good? I'm on the fence. I have Robocop and I appreciate the graphics and how faithful to the movie it is but i dunno about Terminator ...is the gameplay super stiff like Robo?

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Terminator Resistance Enhanced is on sale for only $20 (not with dlc). That seems like a good price but is this game really good? I'm on the fence. I have Robocop and I appreciate the graphics and how faithful to the movie it is but i dunno about Terminator ...is the gameplay super stiff like Robo?
adamsapple adamsapple has played it. I havent yet. Heard good things though if youre a Terminator fan.

Zuzu

Just bought Alan Wake 2 Deluxe Edition, Resident Evil Code Veronica and Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core.

Thinking about getting Resident Evil 0…maybe some other games as well.

I decided to get Resident Evil 0 along with Final Fantasy 7 (again), Chrono Cross (again), Dead Space 2 (again lol) and the Dead Space 2 story DLC which I didn’t know existed until recently but there we go (DLC wasn’t on sale but got it anyway).

Pantz

$1.49 Anthem Legion of Dawn Edition
There might be better things to do with your time though. It's kinda fun to fly around for a bit.

splattered

Man these sales are dangerous... Picked up Marvel Midnight Suns Legendary, Guardians of the Galaxy Deluxe, No More Heroes Deluxe. Interested in so many others, trying to not spend ahhh. Still want Streets of Rage 4 and TMNT Shredder's Revenge and a bunch of other stuff. Also, what's the difference between Sega's Judgement and Lost Judgment? Are they different games? I have most of the Yakuza series but I haven't picked those up.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Also, what's the difference between Sega's Judgement and Lost Judgment? Are they different games? I have most of the Yakuza series but I haven't picked those up.
Yes they are different games. It's a Yakuza / Like A Dragon spin-off series. Judgment is the first game in the series, and Lost Judgment is it's sequel.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Man these sales are dangerous... Picked up Marvel Midnight Suns Legendary, Guardians of the Galaxy Deluxe, No More Heroes Deluxe. Interested in so many others, trying to not spend ahhh. Still want Streets of Rage 4 and TMNT Shredder's Revenge and a bunch of other stuff. Also, what's the difference between Sega's Judgement and Lost Judgment? Are they different games? I have most of the Yakuza series but I haven't picked those up.

Judgment is the first game, Lost Judgment is the direct sequel to it.

If you liked the Like a Dragon games, it's basically the same concept but with a different story and characters, and some unique 'detective themed' game play modifications (but you basically end up in fights very similar to the LaD games).

They're also very good.

SkylineRKR

Sonic Superstars is 42 bucks too. Its still a bit steep, I felt 29 bucks would be perfect. I am on the fence though, I also liked Frontiers a ton.

Kings Field

Mass Effect LE
Mass Effect Andromeda deluxe or whatever it’s called
killer Frequency
Monster Hunter Rise/Sunbreak

I now own MH rise/sunbreak on four different platforms 👀

PanzerCute

Sonic Superstars is 42 bucks too. Its still a bit steep, I felt 29 bucks would be perfect. I am on the fence though, I also liked Frontiers a ton.
They are completely different. I loved Frontiers and I also really like Superstars, but the latter is really an old school game, encompassing all you could find in Sonic 1 to CD. There are some great levels, neat ideas and the 2D sonic gameplay is there, but also know that it is quite short.

I bought the retail version for 30 on PS5 and it felt like the right price

splattered

Man so many games I wanna go back and pick up ugh. The Persona bundle is on sale but it includes the P3 portable version... Will it be worth it with the p3 remake coming out? Must resist spending so much money ahhh

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Man so many games I wanna go back and pick up ugh. The Persona bundle is on sale but it includes the P3 portable version... Will it be worth it with the p3 remake coming out? Must resist spending so much money ahhh

The remake doesn't have the female MC route at all, so worth it as a secondary game in itself.

Top Bottom