• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gone Home for consoles "not actively in development any longer" due to Majesco sit.

J3ffro

That's a bummer. I was still hoping to see it on Wii U.

Huh...hadn't thought of that route but I think that would be an interesting place for it. Course the Vita would have the same advantages. Either way, they make it, I'll buy it again, I'm probably due for another play through.

Show me where he said everyone has a PS4. This might come as a shock to you, but I'll let you on a little secret. Not everyone prefers to play games on their PC. ;)
Agreed. Even when I've had a powerful enough pc to run a game, unless it's a pc exclusive, I always go for the console version. I care nothing for the mods nor will I ever have a PC buff enough to run the big games better than they will run on a PS4.

If they bring Gone Home to a console I own (WiiU, PS3, Vita or PS4) I will definitely bite.

Slixshot

Banned
I like how Greg goes straight to Sony lol

I really am into the work he's been doing. This GDC show is awesome. Seeing a lot of games I would never have given the light of day, and coming away impressed.

People may not like his personality (I love it), but he's a genuine guy and does a damn good job at what he does.

TheMoon

Yea. AFAIK neither MS nor Nintendo have a 3rd Party Productions equivalent.

They do, just set up in a different way.

Huh...hadn't thought of that route but I think that would be an interesting place for it. Course the Vita would have the same advantages. Either way, they make it, I'll buy it again, I'm probably due for another play through.

Funnily enough, the Wii U port was actually the first one that leaked and revealed planned console versions.

Sendou

It's a good game. Definitely play it if you can. That said no need to lose your sleep at night if you miss it. It's not that good.

besada

Banned
Bummer. Gone Home was one of the more interesting games I've played. I was hoping people with only consoles would get a chance to enjoy it.

eFKac

That's a shame. Maybe they can work it out still with a different publisher or Sony TPP.

I'm not in the market for the game since I've "played" it, but it's a good, atmospheric story with great storytelling.

Kinthalis

Banned
Show me where he said everyone has a PS4. This might come as a shock to you, but I'll let you on a little secret. Not everyone prefers to play games on their PC. ;)

And not every game needs to be on PS4. It's a great game. Play it on PC.

Vlade

I would buy the game again if it came out on consoles. I hope they work something out somewhere.

There's no plot twist because it's not a game about plot, it's a game about atmosphere and characterization. If you're the kind of person who can only operate on the level of "what happens", this is definitely not an experience for you. But if you're the kind of person who likes soaking up the details, then I recommend Gone Home, and no "spoiler" is going to ruin it for you.

Yeah, no doubt it's all details and discovery. I am glad i played it before I knew a thing about it... but there is a lot there even if you know one thing.

They do, just set up in a different way.

Only in a general sense. In reality they're so far behind the curve that they aren't really equivalent at all (nor are Microsoft for that matter). They could really use one too, then they might be able to port third party AAA games to the Wii U themselves (like how Sony's porting RE Revelations 2 to Vita), instead of hoping/praying that third party support will just materialise out of thin air.

Anyway, here's hoping something comes of this. Sony have hooked indies up with port houses a lot, so they should have plenty of suggestions.

RedAssedApe

Banned
F8YyK3p.png

my thoughts as well :(

my thoughts as well :(

Shu is just amazing.

Seriously, I hope more people get to play Gone Home, the people interested in it, of course. It's a different kind of... I guess experience, but it's the type of thing I think will explode more as VR takes off, as interaction and perception of the game's environment dramatically increases, and some people start realizing how cool it can be to explore a densely-detailed world, even one mostly-grounded in reality.

...Morpheus launch title?

Shu is just amazing.

Seriously, I hope more people get to play Gone Home, the people interested in it, of course. It's a different kind of... I guess experience, but it's the type of thing I think will explode more as VR takes off, as interaction and perception of the game's environment dramatically increases, and some people start realizing how cool it can be to explore a densely-detailed world, even one mostly-grounded in reality.

...Morpheus launch title?

Man, Gone Home would be bloody amazing in VR

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I'm kinda cheesed because I passed on a Steam sale of this thinking the console one was around the corner.....

Next Steam sale, I'm picking it up for sure.

Sony should provide moneyhats and make it a Morpheus launch title and PS+ freebie.
Morpheus will really need a "not-just-a-tech-demo" game, and Gone Home would be perfect.

That's probably not going to happen, but I can dream.

Jb

Sucks for Fullbright :( I hope someone else steps in and helps with the port. It can't be that expensive of an undertaking.

90sRobots

If you haven't played Gone Home and find the cancellation depressing, congratulations! You have beat the game without playing it.

While this tweet may seem like the usual kind that amounts to nothing, it's important to remember that it was similar actions by Greg that helped put pressure on Sony to bring Borderlands 2 to Vita.

Of all the games to put pressure on Sony to bring to Vita. Yeesh. Thanks for that, Greggy.

Hopefully Sony/someone else can help Fullbright to bring Gone Home to consoles.

Top Bottom