• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google Pixel Phone info round up thread of Made By Google on October 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xiaomi mi5s:

Around $300. Top of the line phone. 821 snapdragon (Antutu benchmark score 164,119), great cameras. Dual tone flash. Finger sensor underneath glass and not cut into glass. Fully metallic phone. 3800 Battery. NFC and everything else you wanted except for water resistance. Starts at 64gb.

http://www.mi.com/mi5s/

Doesn't support US LTE bands Xiaomi why

So if this does end up being expensive as fuck, where do Nexus users go? The N5 was pretty much the perfect phone to me. I don't need to drop a few extra hundred for what amounts to minor perks.

The only great things about the N5 were the price and the fact that it was supported by Google.

If we talk about battery life, camera performance or even build quality... meh.

Fatalah

If Google announces their own upgrade plan modeled after Apple's, then Google can make money on people who are prone for "skip years".

I would love a new Google phone every year.

lol oops verizon

Ct4tuMzWIAAj8Cu.jpg:large

Every time I see this thread I get excited about seeing the new Pixel phone, only to remember the extremely disappointing and uninspired design.

That's how forgettable this phone is. I forget what it even looks like every time I see the thread title, only to be disappointed again and again :(

willow ve

Xiaomi mi5s:

Around $300. Top of the line phone. 821 snapdragon (Antutu benchmark score 164,119), great cameras. Dual tone flash. Finger sensor underneath glass and not cut into glass. Fully metallic phone. 3800 Battery. NFC and everything else you wanted except for water resistance. Starts at 64gb.

http://www.mi.com/mi5s/

Doesn't support US LTE bands Xiaomi why
No US LTE or this would be my phone. Waiting to see what LeEco has in November.

Shit, it's going to be hard to decide black or white and regular or xl. I hope there is a clear difference between one of the two such as battery life or OIS.

VoxPop

Hoping for a low price on the XL so I can use it as a beater phone and to keep up to date with Android. OP3 seems like a better bargain at this point though.

Oh, it's a VR headset? Cool.

A phone case make of carpet? That's pretty magical.
Indeed, but here's one of the cases from last year.

Shit, it's going to be hard to decide black or white and regular or xl. I hope there is a clear difference between one of the two such as battery life or OIS.
Specs are identical for both aside from display size/resolution and battery capacity.

Oh, it's a VR headset? Cool.

Indeed, but here's one of the cases from last year.

Specs are identical for both aside from display size/resolution and battery capacity.

I know, but I've seen reports that the smaller phone actually has better battery life. Usually bigger phone/battery=more battery time. If everything is equal, I'd prefer the smaller form factor. I don't think I care about the better resolution on the bigger phone. Maybe I'll change my mind if their VR is some sort of game changer.

I know, but I've seen reports that the smaller phone actually has better battery life. Usually bigger phone/battery=more battery time. If everything is equal, I'd prefer the smaller form factor. I don't think I care about the better resolution on the bigger phone. Maybe I'll change my mind if their VR is some sort of game changer.
Oh, I hadn't seen anything about battery life reports.

clav

it's going to be hard to decide black or white and regular or xl. I hope there is a clear difference between one of the two such as battery life or OIS.

White. Fingerprints/smudges less visible on phone body.

Small pockets / large pockets. Consider weight as a larger phone can make pants look weird.

Surprisingly a large number of people don't look up weight specs when comparing phones. Your wrists will thank you.

VoxPop

Why not just grab a cheaper phone like the Moto g4?

Using a budget phone with Android seems like a terrible idea. Even their flagships have a plethora of issues with battery/camera. Can't imagine scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Kamek

Wanted to upgrade from my N5 this year but nothing about these phones seem great. Hopefully tomorrow has surprised and they address that ungodly bezel.

Kthulhu

I believe the smaller pixel will have a lower resolution display, so that might allow it to have better battery life.

White. Fingerprints/smudges less visible on phone body.

Small pockets / large pockets. Consider weight as a larger phone can make pants look weird.

Surprisingly a large number of people don't look up weight specs when comparing phones. Your wrists will thank you.

Good point on the finger prints. I don't care about a phone bulge in my pants really and weight is not an issue. I'm still a fairly strong young man. Maybe when osteoporosis kicks in, I'll think differently.

RedFyn

Using a budget phone with Android seems like a terrible idea. Even their flagships have a plethora of issues with battery/camera. Can't imagine scraping the bottom of the barrel.
I mean it's a budget phone but it's not scraping the bottom of the barrel by any means and isn't that the definition of a beater phone? Not that the op3 isn't bad at $400 but a decent $200 phone sounds like a nice beater to me *shrugs*

clav

Maybe Google is going to sell an accessory that covers up the big bezel with swappable cases that can change functionality. Who knows?

Maybe held by magnets or something.

Good point on the finger prints. I don't care about a phone bulge in my pants really and weight is not an issue. I'm still a fairly strong young man. Maybe when osteoporosis kicks in, I'll think differently.

Consider RSI (repetitive strain injury) and CTS (carpal tunnel syndrome) as health issues.

Too late when they become part of your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom