• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 • Coming on PS3 Holiday 2013

dubc35

We are doing similar discussions in two threads, maybe I should ask mods to merge it into one.. is that possible to do?

On another note, Jordan is preparing a interview with Kaz and I think there will be some very interesting details to share, I guess it is coming later today.

Sweet, looking forward to that interview!

ibbKWdDCbQkmHK.gif

ibvwC0YRzd3Z8s.gif

sooo goood

Bulk_Rate

I have been playing a lot of Power & Glory 3 on PC lately, which has excellent physics.

Going straight from a PnG session to watching that GT6 R8 video - GT6 is giving me a very positive impression of the new physics.

velociraptor

To be fair I don't know how exciting you can make a racing game campaign.

You buy a car, race some tracks, win money, buy more cars, and race again.

Dibbz

Every event feels like a game, not a race in GT. They could add some more race type elements by having say artificial leagues instead of these on off events. Say you have a DTM car then you get to see a DTM league with driver standings and stuff. They could utilize the driver names by having them constant for each league so you get to know oh this guy is top he is the guy to beat, or this guy is close to me in the standings I need to try and finish ahead of him.

This is just me throwing an idea around and I fully expect GT to stick with the boring "cups" they are known for. GT is mainly online only for me these days anyway.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Any words on standing starts finally coming back?
Hopefully you'll also be eligible for money/exp when racing customs races... That was the best offline part about GT5 and yet you couldn't,t earn shit

Goldrusher

Kazunori Yamauchi, creator of the Gran Turismo series, has set an interesting challenge for Gran Turismo entrants featuring stunningly re-created Nissan cars including the Leaf, 370Z and GT-R. The GT6 demo will guide players through beginner rounds of a GT Academy-themed race camp before unlocking the final qualifying event featuring the Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit, making GT Academy equally accessible to Gran Turismo novices and experts alike. Anyone who registers and submits a qualifying time will receive free bonus content.
Interesting.

So apparently these are part of the demo:

careerhzu96.jpg

And this is the final time trial:

gta201324u78.jpg

saladine1

PD's trailers are awesome. They seem to always convey a sense of seriousness, a sense of focus on the form of the car, track and the race.
T10 on the other hand(at least since FM3) chooses to have a more fun, down to Earth kind of feel, a kind of let's all hold hands and sing Kumbaya thing going on. I loathe it with a passion!

Anyway, sounds. Any news lately on any implementation of new sounds?
Is this still on track or have they missed the boat so to speak?

I know there's no way that each and every car will have new audio so I'll settle for at least the premiums having these effects.

PD's trailers are awesome. They seem to always convey a sense of seriousness, a sense of focus on the form of the car, track and the race.
T10 on the other hand(at least since FM3) chooses to have a more fun, down to Earth kind of feel, a kind of let's all hold hands and sing Kumbaya thing going on. I loathe it with a passion!

I am happy that PD never used dubstep in their trailers. That alone is why their trailers are class imo.

I definitely don't need a story or characters, but I prefer to stick with one car for a while and its nice to have events tailored around that choice without just grinding the same events again and again.

Crisco

Banned
Game looks great, but I don't understand it as a PS3 title. They should have a 1080p/60 version ready for the PS4 by Q1 2014 at the latest.

Game looks great, but I don't understand it as a PS3 title. They should have a 1080p/60 version ready for the PS4 by Q1 2014 at the latest.

Do you really want Polyphony to try and rush out a launch title for a new platform three years after their last major release (while still heavily supporting said release)?

Crisco

Banned
Do you really want Polyphony to try and rush out a launch title for a new platform three years after their last major release (while still heavily supporting said release)?

I'd have preferred them target the PS4 from day one, but I understand the economics behind why they didn't. I'm just griping really, since I'm getting a PS4 and don't really want to keep my PS3 plugged in for one game.

SkylineRKR

I prefer the boring approach over something stupid like GRID 2. The entire premise of the 'campaign' seems dumb.

bubut, the Likes, man!

Yeah its ridiculous, one of the things that wrong with this era. Forcefeeding social media shit in games is worse enough, but faking it is just lol.

BigDug13

Because Microsoft always drops their current system when they start working on the new one and Sony never does. That's why Forza is coming to XBO right away without night time and weather effects, while GT is coming fully featured on previous gen hardware. PS3 is still getting some of the best first party releases ever. One thing you can say about Sony is that they don't abandon their hardware so quickly.

PS3 is still getting some of the best first party releases ever. One thing you can say about Sony is that they don't abandon their hardware so quickly.
Which is definitely a positive. But the world would be even better if we knew a GT6 Next-Gen or GT7 was on the way to the PS4 with a date. When Polyphony says the PS4 title will "happen at some point naturally" I have no idea how to take that.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Which is definitely a positive. But the world would be even better if we knew a GT6 Next-Gen or GT7 was on the way to the PS4 with a date. When Polyphony says the PS4 title will "happen at some point naturally" I have no idea how to take that.

I'd take it as "within the next 3 years", though I would bet they'll have a GT PS4 by late 2014.

Because Microsoft always drops their current system when they start working on the new one and Sony never does. That's why Forza is coming to XBO right away without night time and weather effects, while GT is coming fully featured on previous gen hardware. PS3 is still getting some of the best first party releases ever. One thing you can say about Sony is that they don't abandon their hardware so quickly.
PD are the best, the others are just the rest.

Avtomat

Just got GT5 a few weeks ago after abandoning console gaming for years have they ever modelled a kers or hybrid system in GT?

Goldrusher

Just got GT5 a few weeks ago after abandoning console gaming for years have they ever modelled a kers or hybrid system in GT?
There's a quite a few hybrid and electric cars in the game. Among the premium models:

Honda CR-Z
Honda Insight
Toyota Prius
Mitsubishi i-MiEV
Nissan Leaf
Tesla Roadster

I think they all have regenerative braking. No cars with KERS though. Or any sort of boost.

I-hate-u

What ya'll are forgetting is that PD is probably working on a GT Vita.

My guess:

GT6 (PS3) - 2013
GT6 Ultimate Edition (PS4) - 2014/2015
GT Vita (PSV) - 2014
GT7 Prologue (PS4) - 2016/2017

Dash Kappei

Don't see any stuttering (or see how I could considering its a 30fps video and I doubt it's going below that).

Did you mean shadow flickering?

Nope, I meant exactly that. I thought the same, being a Youtube video obviously means it's encoded at 30fps and I thought it was my iPad acting up or just some problems with the video, but then on the left there's another screen playing the game and that one keeps going asvsmooth as butter. Weird. I'm sure it was just a problem related to either unfinished gfx code acting up, some buggy code for the demo or the PS4 devkit, I have no doubts the framerate will be at least up to par with GT5, hopefully even better (also screen tearing).

Dash Kappei

What ya'll are forgetting is that PD is probably working on a GT Vita.

My guess:

GT6 (PS3) - 2013
GT6 Ultimate Edition (PS4) - 2014/2015
GT Vita (PSV) - 2014
GT7 Prologue (PS4) - 2016/2017

Nah, we're not forgetting anything I'm afraid.
You can rest assured if there was a GT game in the pipeline for Vita in 2014 they would have already announced it, they're not that stupid to give up capitalizing in what would be the biggest game the platform would (ever?) see. Sony made many, many mistakes regarding Vita strategies but they're not going to fuck up that badly.

Top Bottom