• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

Pophead

Last night i tried to play GT6 online. I liked the idea of this Megane event and i tried to get in, there were 46k races, so i though it would be like Team Deathmatch in COD, easy to get in and out.

I tried multiple times, once i finally got into a lobby i had to wait 260 seconds for the race. Then people started dropping, once the counter hit zero it went back to 260.

Tried joining once again, same shit. For the third or fourth time with GT6 once my online experience hits 30 minutes and no races i just quit.

I´m yet to complete a full race online in GT6, which is ironic considering the amount of time i had in Prologue and GT5.

I thought quick races would solve that. I know my internet is complete garbage, but it doesn´t stop me from playing COD or some sports games... is it really so hard and time consuming to race GT6 online or it´s just bad luck?

GT6's netcode is rubbish. It isn't just you having problems connecting to races.

MGR

GT6's netcode is rubbish. It isn't just you having problems connecting to races.

That, and patch 1.16 turned the previously terrible GT6 netcode into a steaming pile of poo. There's a patch being released in a few hours that may or may not help.

Aerocrane

Fuck me, I've only just installed the last set of updates.

Anything else to get excited about except new cars?

There are three different colour schemes of a Alpine VGT racing suit available.
The only resolved issue listed in the news post in-game is resuming Championships that were suspended while playing in B-Spec.

nan0

Anyone else think the Alpine is terrible? A lot of understeer, no sense of speed and handles like a brick. At least it got a full cockpit view. The racing version is slightly better, since it seems to have a good turn-in while breaking.

ruttyboy

They've introduced a new feature where if your adjust the final drive gear ratio, all gearbox ratios get reset to default when you enter the track.

You're kidding. Seriously?!

Every update brings in bugs that have nothing to do with the content of the update, just what kind of a mess is their code?

Anyone else think the Alpine is terrible? A lot of understeer, no sense of speed and handles like a brick. At least it got a full cockpit view. The racing version is slightly better, since it seems to have a good turn-in while breaking.

Yeah, it's pretty bad. The big problem I'm having with it, aside from the understeer, is getting it to break. It breaks like a big ol' classic American muscle car.

EDIT: Not sure if it's just because it has the chance to go faster, but the understeer seems to be worse in the race version. Even gentle turns are too much for this car.

Yeah, I expected the Alpine to be much faster, LeMans fast. After using it a few times I just don't see using it anymore. I had high hopes for it too. I wanted Mazda VGT speed and got name your normal car with added bad handling.

Edit-

Perhaps I was a little hasty in my assessment of the Alpine's. I actually find his car to be quite fun to drive. The race version lacks about 20 mph on the top end to be just right. It's too bad this car is not fully upgradable and tunable.

Man, the race version of the Alpine car bounces so bad. It's part of why I can't gold the challenge. Whenever I have a generally good lap, I end up bouncing out of control, and completely screwing up whatever turn I'm on. Don't know if it's actually the car, or just the track, but it's really frustrating.

EDIT: Holy fuck, I finally beat it. Went from 1.07.1 to 1.06.7. Pretty proud of myself.

How the fuck do you cut 4 seconds off the goal time, though, like the #1 person did? It took hours of tries to cut even .200 seconds off.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Man, the race version of the Alpine car bounces so bad. It's part of why I can't gold the challenge. Whenever I have a generally good lap, I end up bouncing out of control, and completely screwing up whatever turn I'm on. Don't know if it's actually the car, or just the track, but it's really frustrating.

EDIT: Holy fuck, I finally beat it. Went from 1.07.1 to 1.06.7. Pretty proud of myself.

How the fuck do you cut 4 seconds off the goal time, though, like the #1 person did? It took hours of tries to cut even .200 seconds off.

Some people are just freakishly good at recognizing the max speed every corner allows before the car starts to drift about or plow away. And they can also control their muscle movements not to brake the car too much. It's more effort than I care to give a shit in a videogame.

Denur

I got the time down to 1.05.1xx fairly quickly once I noticed that this car loves short-shifting all the way through to 7th. Even the hairpin before the last tunnel sections should be taken in 3rd or 4th gear.

Mobius 1

I wonder if anything thing will happen to GT Academy after Jann's accident at the Nurburgring?

R.I.P to that spectator.

Looks like Jann was crying? Poor fella :(

I don't think so, it was a mechanical/aero failure, nothing he could have done honestly.

Thoughts go out to all victims and Jann, rotten luck.

Yiazmat

lt4ED76.jpg

https://twitter.com/Lucas_Ordonez/status/586560705848946688

kCgoiSA.gif

Lucas will probably be an instructor in the new GT Academy. Wouldn't surprise me if there's a PS4 version of GT Academy.

They held a special presentation to 'announce' GT Academy Japan again at the the super GT event today (and tomorrow too).

・GT Academy Challenge Special Match (日産ブース)
4/11(土)10:30、14:30、15:30
4/12(金)10:30、15:00

http://www.motorsport-japan.com/msjf/news/info.php?no=74#
^ Nothing new in that pic

What do you think #personally#?

Like, what does your gut telling you?

:)

Course Maker released this month completing GT6's development. May will see GT Academy 2015 hit the PS3 and PS4 followed by a full blowout of the next GT at E3 - a few days later Pikes Peak in its full PS4 glory will be playable at the 2015 event.

How's that sound?

amar212

Course Maker released this month completing GT6's development. May will see GT Academy 2015 hit the PS3 and PS4 followed by a full blowout of the next GT at E3 - a few days later Pikes Peak in its full PS4 glory will be playable at the 2015 event.

How's that sound?

It sounds great

Releasing GT Academy on PS4 makes perfect sense, they only need to have one car and one track ready, and a huge number of people have moved on from PS3, including myself.

Also, the disappointing sales of GT6 should tell them that people don't want them to keep working on old hardware.

But, of course, this is logic and common sense. You can bet 100 dollars GT Academy will be on PS3 because of the same stupid logic that put GT6 on the PS3 (userbase).

paskowitz

Releasing GT Academy on PS4 makes perfect sense, they only need to have one car and one track ready, and a huge number of people have moved on from PS3, including myself.

Also, the disappointing sales of GT6 should tell them that people don't want them to keep working on old hardware.

But, of course, this is logic and common sense. You can bet 100 dollars GT Academy will be on PS3 because of the same stupid logic that put GT6 on the PS3 (userbase).

Expecting the worst, hoping for the best seems like a sound strategy for anything GT related at this point.

LOL.

About GT6, how much did it sold? ******** says 3 millions but I dont believe them much, I guess its a bit more.

I bet US sales barely broke 1MM. WW was probably around 3 by this point (bundles, digital and retail).

My predictions:
I don't think much will change from GT6 to 7. I would be willing to bet the course maker will be overly robust in features but offer few true variations in locals and still only offer randomly generated tracks. I fear Kaz will fall into the same trap he always does, shoot too high, miss and then clean up the mess.

MGR

How's that sound?

How about:

- GT Academy 2015
- Nissan logo replaced with FIA logo
- PS3 only
- Course Maker not included (because they have to use FIA certified tracks)

I bet US sales barely broke 1MM. WW was probably around 3 by this point (bundles, digital and retail).

It's more than that. Understandably "bad" compared to other entries and the usual gap to the main competitor, and I suppose they may agree it's disappointing since it's well below the norm, but this game didn't fail for them or Sony, and it's no wonder they are expanding GT Academy even more...

And lest we forget https://www.gtplanet.net/2-5-millio...ston-martins-vision-gt-car-in-gran-turismo-6/

_machine

It's more than that. Understandably "bad" compared to other entries and the usual gap to the main competitor, and I suppose they may agree it's disappointing since it's well below the norm, but this game didn't fail for them or Sony, and it's no wonder they are expanding GT Academy even more...

And lest we forget https://www.gtplanet.net/2-5-millio...ston-martins-vision-gt-car-in-gran-turismo-6/
My prediction is based mostly on guts (and some data from other developers regarding retention in console games etc.), but I'd say if they got more than 2.5 million downloads on a free DLC half a year later I would say that the actual sales could easily be double that. 3 million certainly won't cut it; 80% attachment rate that long after launch even for free DLC doesn't sound realistic at all.

ruttyboy

Does anyone know of any GT4 cars in GT6? I can find plenty of GT3 and touring cars, but nothing that appears to be an 'official' GT4 car.

EDIT: I've just realised how that sounds, but I meant this:

1920px-Barwell-BeechdeanAstonMartinVantageGT4.jpg

rather than this:

Gran_Turismo_5_h_ssliche_Standard_Autos__5_.jpg

Watevaman

I guess the race modified versions of the Camaro, Corvette, etc. are too powerful for GT4? You may be able to get away with using the power limiter and adding ballast if you're looking for something like that, but I don't think there is any official car.

Does anyone know of any GT4 cars in GT6? I can find plenty of GT3 and touring cars, but nothing that appears to be an 'official' GT4 car.

There´s a 03 or 04 BMW 320 that is pretty much a GT4 (it´s from BTCC i think)... other than that there´s a Lexus IS car that´s also very close to the specs of a GT4 car...

But your right, slim pickings...

ruttyboy

I guess the race modified versions of the Camaro, Corvette, etc. are too powerful for GT4? You may be able to get away with using the power limiter and adding ballast if you're looking for something like that, but I don't think there is any official car.

There´s a 03 or 04 BMW 320 that is pretty much a GT4 (it´s from BTCC i think)... other than that there´s a Lexus IS car that´s also very close to the specs of a GT4 car...

But your right, slim pickings...

Thanks both, I'll check them out. It looks like the tech spec for a few of them are available online so I might have a go at modifying the road going versions within the game, see where I get.

Pophead

Well 1.18 is out.

Adds the new VW Supersport VGT, improves the engine sound for the regular GTI Roadster VGT, fixes the transmission bug, adjusts the 'deployment timings for the air brakes' of the Alpine and Chaparrel VGT and adds GT Academy 2015 into the special events section.

206MB download.

ruttyboy

Disappointed that the Academy is the tiny format it's been the last few years. Still remember how much fun I had doing that one that was like more licence tests.

Still, I personally am glad it's on PS3 again, to have it on PS4 and not be able to try it out properly due to Logitech wheel bullshit would be a bitter pill.

Top Bottom