• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport demo coming Oct. 9

Aspiring

I don't get it. Are you laughing because you think that gif looks bad since its hdr video played in sdr and we who like the gif don't know any better.

Or are you laughing because you think the gif looks good only because of hdr/sdr mistake and the real rendering won't look as good as the gif.

Anyway the video you posted is not even the same time of day or weather.

Exactly what i was thinking. Either we all stupid or he has no idea what he means either...

Crayon

anigif_enhanced-415-1427081342-5.gif

ghibli99

30fps replays that jump to 60fps from the cockpit is a little strange, but this game does look really nice. Almost looked like microstuttering though when the GT-R was rolling slowly through the trees by the water. Maybe it was streaming stuff in, but it was a bit rough. The Camaro interior looked terrible too for some reason, so there is some unevenness going on here (on Pro w/ HDR enabled). Anyway, looking forward to finally *playing* this tomorrow!

I don't get it. Are you laughing because you think that gif looks bad since its hdr video played in sdr and we who like the gif don't know any better.

Or are you laughing because you think the gif looks good only because of hdr/sdr mistake and the real rendering won't look as good as the gif.

Anyway the video you posted is not even the same time of day or weather.

is he trolling? Because both videos look gorgeous that I can't think of any way what he posted is a bad thing.

It's a tricky thing for reviewers: how do you review an online racer without experiencing its normal online racing?

We've seen how gaming journalists drive too, so they were up against it to begin with ;)
I don't expect the game to be reviewed that well. The change of focus on online racing with seemingly at the cost of single player features from previous game. Reduced car and tracks contents from other competition. the visual and scapes will be taken for granted or not valued as much since its not part of the core racing gameplay (even though I can see myself spending a lot of time on scapes alone)

farisr

Again this hdr video played in sdr... Hahahah...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PaI0xUfVuE

Real rendering here.
Difference between SDR and HDR in SDR is far greater. The video/lighting is the way it is because the condition is overcast + daytime. and the user had set exposure or brightness to a slightly higher than normal level, but that video input and capture is SDR.

Here's my proof, my own SDR capture of a replay in similar conditions. Left is the YT vid, right is my capture.
The very minor differences can be chalked up to slightly altered brigthness or exposure settings (I left mine at default). That's it. Not "HDR in SDR"

This is what proper SDR vs HDR in SDR looks like.

Ploid 3.0

There are extra post processing effects in the replays than compared to gameplay

I know about the motion blur, and DOF right? I think it was the same for GT5 and GT5 Prologue. Those two are usually the first things to go on my PC games. Though they make for nice screen shots, I also turn off the motion blur in PC SFV, it works in some games (Uncharted, tastefully done, not too much).

The main things that make GT games look so good/real is the lighting, and attention to detail, not dof or motion blur.

just watched the demo loop for the first time on the demo.... game sure is pretty

gotta say, thing I think I love about GT the most though is are those smooth, relaxing production values though. the menus, the dentist waiting room music haha

looking forward to using the game as a screensaver when i'm working at home ;p

GHG

Gold Member
Every damn racing thread. You warriors can't help yourselves.

Anyway, just a few hours until this unlocks.

Predwolf

I'm cautiously excited here, as a lifelong GT fan. It's missing all of the bits that I consider a real GT to have (used cars, multiple trims of each to collect to name the big two), but the gameplay looks solid.

For sure I'll miss buying the cheapest used POS I can find and tuning it to beat supercars, but if this sells well we'll probably see it return in the next mainline GT game.

farisr

For sure I'll miss buying the cheapest used POS I can find and tuning it to beat supercars, but if this sells well we'll probably see it return in the next mainline GT game.
Nah, it's the opposite. The better this sells, the more confident they become of this new direction, and the less chance there is of the old stuff coming back.

coiler

Nah, it's the opposite. The better this sells, the more confident they become of this new direction, and the less chance there is of the old stuff coming back.

I hope it sells well for future games but on the same time my dream is that Shue will wake up and finally kick out the main producer .

GHG

Gold Member
I hope it sells well for future games but on the same time my dream is that Shue will wake up and finally kick out the main producer .

I don't mind this new direction as long as they keep on updating it with more tracks and cars (for free would be nice but I wouldn't mind paying as long as it's a reasonably priced DLC model). Kind of like how it works with RaceRoom Experience on PC would work well IMO.

That way instead of us waiting for Kaz to get his arse in gear and make the next game we can just have this one GT game for the rest of the generation that gets a constant stream of new content.

I have the demo downloaded but I’m not a plus subscriber, but if I join PlayStation plus now will I be able to play it in an hour?

bombshell

I have the demo downloaded but I’m not a plus subscriber, but if I join PlayStation plus now will I be able to play it in an hour?

I assume you're not in the US since so far only PS+ members can download it in the US.

In EU you don't need PS+ since here it goes live for everyone at the same time. (10 am BST)

Snubbers

This game has me seriously debating buying a pro tomorrow. I haven't owned a console since 2008.
I sold my PS4/PS3 Vita earlier in the year due to PC gaming more, but caved in and got a pro the other week simply in anticipation for GT:S.

I was going to upgrade my PC, but decided that it still offers OK performance so might as well spend the upgrade money on PS4 Pro and XOX which will make the experience jumping from console to PC far less jarring..

I might not play the demo, I've already preordered GTS and don't want to spoil the main game.

I assume you're not in the US since so far only PS+ members can download it in the US.

In EU you don't need PS+ since here it goes live for everyone at the same time. (10 am BST)

I'm in Australia, not a plus member, so I can still play it at the same time as plus users. 53mins in other words.

I've been out of the loop for a while with the Gran Turismo series, is there no offline campaign in the new one?

I have fond memories from my childhood and teenage years of playing GT and doing the licence tests etc but if there's no offline mode I dunno what I'll do.

I've deliberately not bought Project Cars 2 or Forza 7 and I'm getting desperate for a decent racing game to get into throughout winter..

coiler

Yes, no PS+ restrictions, but Australia is under Sony Europe. It goes live here a little later than US, that is in 3 hours instead of 1.

Yeah, sorry guys but 10AM BST is in 3 hours ;)

I've been out of the loop for a while with the Gran Turismo series, is there no offline campaign in the new one?

I have fond memories from my childhood and teenage years of playing GT and doing the licence tests etc but if there's no offline mode I dunno what I'll do.

I've deliberately not bought Project Cars 2 or Forza 7 and I'm getting desperate for a decent racing game to get into throughout winter..

As a PC2 owner I can asure you that GTS is the game to buy right now(on PS4) even with its low numbers.

My biggest fear is that I’ll enjoy the demo, end up buying it, but not be competitive enough online and have to drop at least $200 on a wheel.

Finally got a chance to load the game on my base PS4 with my oldass 720p plasma. Doesn’t quite hold up to the IQ of the posted gifs and videos, but that’s to be expected. It really does look great though, especially in-cockpit @60fps. The UI is really hard to read though.

I wish I could change the ratio of scapes to races, it’s like 10 minutes of scapes and a 2 min race. I’ve noticed some scape locations kick up the fan too.

Top Bottom