• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport demo coming Oct. 9

Gurish

Yeah I felt quite "meh" about the in race visuals. Nice enough. But lacking atmosphere.

Replay of same race looked amazing.

I'd prefer it the other way around though if I had to choose.

Predictable as always. You can't trust racing games replays and gifs, especially GT which is known for doing this for a couple of generations now.

Mush

Do you have any idea how good it feels to play a Gran Turismo game with a UI that is comparable in quality to other video games from the current year.

GHG

Gold Member
Predictable as always. You can't trust racing games replays and gifs, especially GT which is known of doing this for a couple of generations now.

I don't know, what I'm seeing on my OLED doesn't look meh, it's looks great in fact.

T.O.P

Banned
Tried to download this thing 3 times now

I get sometimes to 40% others to 20% then i get an error and i'm forced to delete and restart the download...considering that with my connection it takes something like 15hours to download this shit it's pissing me off

GT4 had 'wet' races too, I don't think tire inclusion necessarily confirms rain.

Well, they specifically mention rain and simply wet tracks here

Wet Weather Tyres
Wet weather tyres have channels on the treads to drain out water. Intermediate tyres are used for slight rain or tracks that are wet in some parts only, while heavy-wet tyres are used in all other cases.

・Racing: Intermediate (RI)
・Racing: Heavy-Wet (RH)

Downloading this now. Been a GT fan since GT2 on the original PlayStation but definitely started to lose faith after 5.

I definitely don't expect Sport to be a full featured GT as they've communicated that quite well, but I'm interested to see how new-gen GT looks, sounds, and feels. I hope GT7 comes about sometime in the next couple of years, and I hope that Sport proves to be a good baseline for it... Regardless, Sport's seemingly basic single player offerings and strong multiplayer focus don't do much for me personally to warrant a purchase. Maybe at $25 or so, but not at full $60.

Man, this controls so damn well. Just... easy. This thing seems perfectly dialed in with the dualshocks. And that running in expert mode or whatever they call it.

And special kudos to the UI team. I'm running the full in-race UI and none it feels like its in the way. That's amazing.

And I wouldnt put it up to the GIFs, but I havent raced in those conditions. It still has that GT sterility (DC still has a better sense of atmosphere, probably Forza too), but IQ so far is sharp and clear, and thats playing it on the Pro in 'framerate' mode.

zedge

Damn this is pretty. Very nice presentation as always with GT games. The car selection montage each time you select a car is nuts. Not a huge fan of the external camera though. Didn't check yet but can it be tweaked or changed in anyway? I juat feels weird.

GHG

Gold Member
And guys? Does it hold up to the gifs?

Depends on whether you are using the in car view or not IMO. The graphics from the in car view are the best the game has to offer.

The same goes for the audio funnily enough. The audio is actually quite good from the in-car perspective but if you use chase cam then it's as shit as ever.

So this beats Forza 7 graphics?

Can we not. The graphics thread is somewhere else, go there please.

bombshell

Damn this is pretty. Very nice presentation as always with GT games. Not a huge fan of the external camera though. Didn't check yet but can it be tweaked or changed in anyway? I juat feels weird.

You can customize the chase cam to be more loose in the settings.

farisr

Add "multiple race" and "share with others" options and there's your offline campaign mode.
Okay, how about we don't pull the same shit the SFV defenders were doing about the arcade mode in regards to the campaign in this game. Alright. Stop coming up with "solutions" and "alternatives" that are not really a true substitute for something that's missing.

Thanks.

Peterthumpa

Unless I'm doing something wrong, photo mode outside scapes is using cars with low LOD, to the point where I can say it looks ugly. Tried to zoom in on the Peugeot logo just to be graced with a bump mapped pixelated piece of shit. Even racing pictures need time to render, but the results are basically what you see in real time.

Something's wrong.

Importing decals is in. They have to be SVG format, and you upload them to the GT site to add them to your library. It's not available in the demo though. Making liveries should be super easy now.

I don't have a lot of time tonight so I only had a quick look around, but i'm very impressed with the presentation. I won't get it day 1 since I have other, more single player focused racers to finish, but i'm in.

kikiribu

And guys? Does it hold up to the gifs?
The actual gameplay gifs that aren’t motion blurred replays? Yes, it’s very easily the best looking racing game I’ve seen (I’m on PS4 Pro).

Keep in mind that gifs are always terrible way to show off the graphics of ANY game, which is why I wouldn’t post them as a way to get people to drool over graphics. They might be a good way to show off lighting, scale, etc, but in terms of detail, their low resolution obviously isn’t going to show everything.

benzy

The Porsche Sounds amazing. I got a bunch of screenshots and vids coming. I don't see how anyone can say the replay graphics are vastly superior, got comparisons between the two.

Arklite

That's pretty much Gran Turismo. I love the series but sterile is one of the words I'd use to describe it, from what I've played of the demo this is a GT ass GT game.

Interactive museum piece, GT returns. Perhaps the new livery editor will help a bit on that end.

dr guildo

Shadow quality in car seems very blocky as well. Is it just me?

I'm on pro in 4k mode? Does it improve in 1080p mode?

If you choose performance mode, replays will be @60fps, with a still enhanced IQ compared to standard PS4.
If you choose IQ mode, you will benefit of 4K supersampling, with replays @30fps.

On Pro the graphics are pure madness ! This is the first time I feel a game is clearly designed for the Pro. The graphics are too violent ! Never seen that before. One gen gap with Pcars2 that I love.

Top Bottom