• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport demo coming Oct. 9

Okay, how about we don't pull the same shit the SFV defenders were doing about the arcade mode in regards to the campaign in this game. Alright. Stop coming up with "solutions" and "alternatives" that are not really a true substitute for something that's missing.

Thanks.

If only the legendary Sunday Cup would be there!

So they hold drifting events within the infield of Northern Isle. At least one of them anyway. It's the first Mission Challenge in part 6.

Regarding the livery editor, is there a way to mirror the sides? I can't figure it out. I want both sides to look the same.

And is there an online livery library? I can't find it.

Was worried that the single race option was only a two lap run. But once I found the custom race options I am loving it. Lots of options there.

And you can see the payout changing as you tweak the settings.

I think I went from very low interest to hyped just from the few time trials and races I've done so far. Just has a smooth flow, no excess complications in your face, but depth if you look for it.

Hot damn Polyphony. This is good stuff.

Edit: And sold.

bombshell

Regarding the livery editor, is there a way to mirror the sides? I can't figure it out. I want both sides to look the same.

And is there an online livery library? I can't find it.

Is the Discover feature in the demo? From the manual:
Discover is a feature that allows you to view content that other players have shared and set to "Open to All". Select "Share" when saving a photo, replay, livery or other piece of content, then select "Open to All" under Privacy Settings, and that piece of content will be accessible using the Discover feature. The following types of content can be accessed via the Discover feature:

・Scapes Photos
・Race Photos
・Replays
・Decals
・Car Liveries
・Helmet Liveries
・Suit Liveries
http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/manual/#!/discover/content01

Sorc3r3r

Some impressions from a t500rs user.
I was underwhelmed with the FB in the open beta.
Now i can say that the FB is really well done, for what i played is still a notch under the AC gold standard, but great nonetheless.
The weight transfers are perceivable with ease.
The tyre model seems a little too much on the grippy side but yeah, it's GT.

Game is amazing, as expected. Cars feels much more dynamic than in the Closed Beta.

Completed the Daily Workout and got the McLaren Ultimate VGT. This car is pretty crazy to drive.

Time to go to sleep. It's almost 5am and I have to get up at 9am. It's going to be a long work day. Can't wait to play more.

GHG

Gold Member
Oh so I see. You do the challenges and make custom races to earn more credits and then you can buy cars from the showroom. So the "career" is there but it's structured very very differently now.

Neith

Banned
Wow, they did a great job with this. Everything just OOZES polish. Definitely glad I went for the deluxe digital. This thing is going to be amazing with some DLC. I feel the online component will be awesome with the rating features too.

I mean Driveclub was amazing, but holy shit did online suck sometimes with all the idiots.

The fucking look of this on a Pro with an SSD. Yeah, they did a great job. I have a feeling reviews will be good if people actually like racing games.

Damn, tried the arcade mode with medium settings, both help and difficulty and this game is unforgiving. Specially the brakes. Very hard to master, 16 place after my first race.

Am I alone with it? Hope not everyone here is a racing simulation pro. xD

Dragon trail is a really fun track. I can already see myself losing many hours in this game.

I play it online, get pole position, lead the entire race. Then in the final lap chicane a guy hits me, I get a 10 second penalty, cross the line first and end up third.

Damn, tried the arcade mode with medium settings, both help and difficulty and this game is unforgiving. Specially the brakes. Very hard to master, 16 place after my first race.

If you haven't then i'd suggest working through some of the campaign. They'll teach you different techniques in order to help you in actual races.

Arklite

Oh so I see. You do the challenges and make custom races to earn more credits and then you can buy cars from the showroom. So the "career" is there but it's structured very very differently now.

Sounds very much like GT PSP's structure.

Okay, how about we don't pull the same shit the SFV defenders were doing about the arcade mode in regards to the campaign in this game. Alright. Stop coming up with "solutions" and "alternatives" that are not really a true substitute for something that's missing.

Thanks.

LOL. There's no narrative to GT like SFV. Those options in arcade mode are literally what the GT team choose when they put together campaign races.

Dinjooh

"Importing decals is in. Must be SVG format, and you upload them to the GT site "

From gtplanet - so I can upload company logos for our cars? That's gonna be freaking awesome!

The pictures you can take on the replay mode will be ridiculous.

Although the quality of the car model, especially the decals are very blurry on close up. Some heavy filtering going on there.

Had so much fun playing at the rally track using the controller, the rumble on the DS4 is really well done.

brawly

I was duped into downloading 43gb. Game looks good but not worth the download at all if you're looking for a graphics showcase.

That and the game crashes every two seconds.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Wow I am impressed: This game is going to be amazing. Played a few arcade matches and messed with the photo mode a bit. This game feels extremely polished. Soooo many options. Thank god I can cuztomize my 3rd person camera.

Playing with a PS4 pro 4k Samsung with HDR enabled. It's stunning to see in motion. Both during gameplay and replays.

Played for about 45 minutes and had zero crashes btw

If you haven't then i'd suggest working through some of the campaign. They'll teach you different techniques in order to help you in actual races.

Nope, tried an Arcade race right away. ^^

Campaign with driving school sounds good, I think I should start there.

Does anyone else get a server error when clicking manually on save?

I was duped into downloading 43gb. Game looks good but not worth the download at all if you're looking for a graphics showcase.

That and the game crashes every two seconds.

tumblr_mx281sDunv1qjw6ido1_250.gif

farisr

If only the legendary Sunday Cup would be there!
LOL. There's no narrative to GT like SFV. Those options in arcade mode are literally what the GT team choose when they put together campaign races.
There may not have been a story, but there was absolute progression in GT careers that you're conveniently forgetting. Acting like career was just a string of races rather than something that required you to experiment with different car classes & types, have a whole RPG like progression with leveling up and upgrading your your cars after earning money from races and what not, is pretty damn disingenuous, just like the assholes who were acting like fighting against the AI in training mode was replicating the Arcade mode experience in SFV.

Look, I'm not telling folks to have a problem with the lack of career the way I do. Don't have an issue with it? That's totally fine. I only ask the same in return, if folks have an issue with there not being a career mode in the game. accept that and let them be rather than provide such disingenuous "solutions". It comes off as snarky, and insulting.

dr guildo

Playing with a PS4 pro 4k Samsung with HDR enabled. It's stunning to see in motion. Both during gameplay and replays.

Played for about 45 minutes and had zero crashes btw

I feel exactly the same, but @1080p on Pro.
DC has met its master, graphically wise. Amazing, so next gen package feeling !

Jesus what a weird game.

Car doesn’t even look like it’s on the ground. Light and weightless. Turning feels like you’re turning on a fixed axis and the environment is pivoting, not the car.

This is all so weird and not good. Environments are severely underwhelming

Jesus what a weird game.

Car doesn’t even look like it’s on the ground. Light and weightless. Turning feels like you’re turning on a fixed axis and the environment is pivoting, not the car.

This is all so weird and not good. Environments are severely underwhelming

Are you using chase camera? It always feels like that in GT games, try cockpit view or bumper camera.

I went from having nearly no interest in this game to preordering.

It's excellent. Stupid amounts of polish afforded to every facet of the presentation. This game is a visual masterpiece all round. It feels like Playstation hardware can finally accommodate Kaz's vision. They've gone for quality over quantity and it seems to have payed off. The photo mode is absolutely insane.

Exploring the menus is like playing a damn open world rpg. There's so much to see and cool stuff everywhere you look. The progression system is super satisfying (probably my biggest surprise) and I can see myself becoming addicted with all the desirable rewards on offer and the multitude of ways to unlock them.

Gameplay is as good as ever. Remains to be seen whether the lack of a real campaign mode will hurt. If they add seasonal events shortly after launch I can see myself not caring as much as I initially thought. It will feel short on content, but I know they'll be supporting it with free dlc for years to come.

Not Drake

Managed to drive a few laps on Dragon Trail before work. Surprised by the number of options in the arcade mode. I was interested in the online the most, but I've heard there's no single player mode in this one, which is just not true. I think "campaing" in past GT games was a joke. While there was a sense of progression it always seemed really lazy. Driving feels as good as always too, sound is better than GT6 imo, which isn't a huge achievement. I've ordered the game because of the response to online mode based on the past betas. Actual driving settled it. I'm set. That said, the game will get completely destroyed in reviews. I expect mid-60.

Really liking the game so far, but I cant justify buying it with Mario Odyssey coming in the corner.

Although even in that hour I played, it's probably the best I've felt playing a GT game since... GT2?

Controls (with the controller) is perfect. I think the foliage still looks pretty bad though.

Got second on medium, first race. Medium too.

Was driving the BMW.

Very impressive stuff.

Managed to drive a few laps on Dragon Trail before work. Surprised by the number of options in the arcade mode. I was interested in the online the most, but I've heard there's no single player mode in this one, which is just not true. I think "campaing" in past GT games was a joke. While there was a sense of progression it always seemed really lazy. Driving feels as good as always too, sound is better than GT6 imo, which isn't a huge achievement. I've ordered the game because of the response to online mode based on the past betas. Actual driving settled it. I'm set. That said, the game will get completely destroyed in reviews. I expect mid-60.

Well, I think it will be mid-70s, but yeah, it will probably be the Destiny of racing games.

Will get trashed by reviewers, but the online aspect will be huge and have quite a large number of regular players.

Top Bottom