• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport demo coming Oct. 9

a 2 hr session of getting through a bit of the campaign mode(license tests) and a few arcade races. The game's handling is so good on controller!

raviolico

Wow. Fantastic demo. And i´m not even really into racing games... but will the full version have weather effects at all? Rain?
I know it won´t have dynamic stuff but will i be able to select a "rainy course" as a fixed condition etc at least?

bud

how do i save my driving settings? after every license test, i have to go into the menu to turn off tcs.

what am i doing wrong? i feel stupid for even asking this.

edit: i got disconnected while qualifying on dragon trail. fucking hell.

Gestault

This is great news, with some tweaks before launch. Pro in high-frame mode struggles a bit, but base-PS4 at 30 fps for replays is solid.

gn2cIw3.gif

UfK4zUB.gif

Audioboxer

HDR even looks great on my old 2015 set. I can't imagine how good it must look on a proper HDR TV.

My pros fans are going fucking mental though. Damn noisy console I have. It never stays at a constant fan RPM. Fluctuates like crazy.

I still can't get online to play. EU must be down.

This has the heaviest FFB ever, holy shit. Just turning the wheel is a workout. Changing the settings seemed to have 0 impact on the feel too. Maybe it's a glitch?

I’m using a g29 and I have the first option set at 1 and have the second at either 5 or 6. Seems to work good for me, though the non race cars seem to have much heavier steering.

This is great news, with some tweaks before launch. Pro in high-frame mode struggles a bit, but base-PS4 at 30 fps for replays is solid.
Ahh OK, now at least I can see the reason and benefit behind the Pro's framerate option. A nice optional extra like it should be.

That's great news for all players regardless of hardware, and even more kudos to Polyphony for doing it right.

terrible

Banned
I’m using a g29 and I have the first option set at 1 and have the second at either 5 or 6. Seems to work good for me, though the non race cars seem to have much heavier steering.

Having gain on 1 felt the same as gain on 5 or even max. Really bizarre. This is with a T300.

Hwoar

Yeah, not sure what's going on... DC has never felt "right" to me, but the periphery stuff and various side goals keep each race interesting, at least. GT, for at least the last few iterations, has felt a bit too pedestrian/sterile, and while I can appreciate the pure driving aspect, I might just be at the point where I need more out of the genre. We'll see though. Gonna put more time into it tonight and see how I feel. I do know that I still loathe license-style tests, even though these were easy to gold. LOL

Ahh ok well since recent I have a wheel and I definitely didn't find this boring. Actually it plays a lot better / more exciting / more fun then I thought it would from videos. But dunno how I would feel with a controller. Also last GT I really played was GT3 :p

Gestault

Ahh OK, now at least I can see the reason and benefit behind the Pro's framerate option. A nice optional extra like it should be.

That's great news for all players regardless of hardware, and even more kudos to Polyphony for doing it right.

Plus these are replay angles with tons of cars, so this is a close to stress test territory as you can get under normal conditions. I'm pretty pleased.

Also, thank you for not quoting gifs. These threads are going to melt, lol

(I threw my images into quotes to minimize that, after seeing you snip them out)

terrible

Banned
Strange. I don’t own any thrustmasters but you can update the firmware through a pc right? Maybe it needs an update.

I have the latest firmware installed already. I think my game is glitched and it's just not saving the settings on me or something. I can't enter the options menu at the home screen because it crashes every time when I try too. I might need to reinstall.

:/

I have the latest firmware installed already. I think my game is glitched and it's just not saving the settings on me or something. I can't enter the options menu at the home screen because it crashes every time when I try too. I might need to reinstall.

:/

Options menu was crashing for me when I first started playing the demo, it stopped crashing after I played a few time trials though.

Edit: online is still borked, takes forever to prepare a match then you just get a network error.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
No the demo has online checks because otherwise someone can download this and play it forever. The demo will cease to be playable in 4 days.

that's different. if the demo is offline you can't do anything, but it still tells you that the only thing you can do is arcade with no saving. that's obviously a message that applies to the full release version.

OGBOBBYJOHNSON

Neo Member
Should be simple enough but I can’t find it. Does anyone know how to turn on the 4k option or quality option in the beta? I see in video settings its on “2k” mode and it is greyed out and I can’t change it, help please!! Game is amazing otherwise

Any way to move the track map from top right to bottom left as you could in Project Cars? Too far out of line of sight up there. Guess it won't be a problem once I've learned the tracks but until then it's a little annoying!

bombshell

For the love of god: RAIN? Will GT Sports have weather/rain?? Answer GAF! ;)

Yes it wil have rain. If not, Kaz and PD has some 'splaining to do.

1. Kaz on PS Blog 4 days ago.
This year you'll be able to race from the streets of Tokyo, through the iconic Nurburgring to the dirtiest of rally tracks. With a total of 40 courses (17 locations), you'll have the chance to test your racing skills in a host of different environments from around the world, and customise your experiences by playing across different times of the day and through varied weather conditions.
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...car-classes-and-tracks-of-gran-turismo-sport/

2. The online game manual that went up today.
Wet Weather Tyres
Wet weather tyres have channels on the treads to drain out water. Intermediate tyres are used for slight rain or tracks that are wet in some parts only, while heavy-wet tyres are used in all other cases.

・Racing: Intermediate (RI)
・Racing: Heavy-Wet (RH)
http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/manual/#!/race/content08

Is there any way to completely turn off the HUD?

While the light and cars look great the rest isn't that hot, track itself is ok and surrounding are bad to terrible, most of the trees are garbage too. I'm not saying the game isn't pretty but sure as hell ain't like the gifs .

GHG

Gold Member
Interlagos Mission 6-2 1st place finish gameplay:

gttestbds93.gif

Below are videos of my first place finish (uploaded to Dailymotion because the quality is better than Youtube):

Gameplay

Replay

Had a big mistake on my first lap that I was very lucky to get away with and there were a couple of minor collisions on my out lap but apart from that it was a solid run. Managed to get into 1st place from the 5th lap and then hold it to the end.

Played with the gamepad, manual gears, no assists.

DieH@rd

Banned
Should be simple enough but I can’t find it. Does anyone know how to turn on the 4k option or quality option in the beta? I see in video settings its on “2k” mode and it is greyed out and I can’t change it, help please!! Game is amazing otherwise

I have the same problem.

gttestbds93.gif

Below are videos of my first place finish (uploaded to Dailymotion because the quality is better than Youtube):

Gameplay

Replay

Had a big mistake on my first lap that I was very lucky to get away with and there were a couple of minor collisions on my out lap but apart from that it was a solid run. Managed to get into 1st place from the 5th lap and then hold it to the end.

Impressive....

Hey if I'm a decent driver IRL, should I get a wheel for GTS? Having a bit of a hard time handling some of these cars.

Nice. Does GTS penalize you for breaking pit speed limits? It looked like you went into the pit lane pretty hot there.

I have the same problem.
If you guys are on 4k displays, you can't adjust it down to 1080p mode, "2K frame-rate" being greyed out in inaccessible to you because you're already in 4K. If you want to have 60fps replays, you have to set your PS4 to output in 1080p, then that option to prioritize frame rate won't be greyed out.

You can adjust the HDR and colors by going to options and doing the HDR setup again.

luka

Loves Robotech S1

from the manual:
Gran Turismo Sport only supports online saving. Your game progress data will be stored on the online server. Please be aware, therefore, that any progress you make while offline cannot be saved (certain contents are saved onto the PlayStation®4 console's hard disk drive.) If you are playing offline, you will be able to use previously saved game progress data.

Can you identify what's hard about the controller or not sure yet?
Just seems really weird some of the cars like the FORD Mustang (I think) to handle around corners. When to brake, how hard to break, when to just let the gas go, there's a lot to learn, Im wondering if it's all just easier on a wheel or should I just play around with controller settings. Right now, I'm using default with automatic shifting.

btw, does manual shifting give you an advantage?

Razgreez

Did the 30 lap endurance. AI was quite aggressive. Spun me out twice which resulted in my coming second by a few tenths of a second in the end. Would've been an easy victory otherwise. Also, hard tyre seems to go through the grip phases very quickly in the race. Find that I have 2, maybe 3 laps of good grip and then it begins to deteriorate rather quickly

GHG

Gold Member
Nice. Does GTS penalize you for breaking pit speed limits? It looked like you went into the pit lane pretty hot there.

It seems that the speed limiter auto kicks in the moment you cross the line so no it doesn't seem so. Go in as fast as you want as long as you aren't going off the track!

Impressive....

Hey if I'm a decent driver IRL, should I get a wheel for GTS? Having a bit of a hard time handling some of these cars.

Definitely if you have the room for it. I have a T300RS but it's folded away in my store cupboard because my wife objects to it being out in the living room while she is around. Which is understandable.

I imagine as with 90% of all racing games much better with a wheel than with the gamepad but I'm finding this to be pretty decent with the gamepad to be honest. Maybe it's because I've spent the last 2 days wresting with Project Cars on a gamepad...

Definitely use manual shifting as well. It's imperative to be able to just shift up to manage torque in higher powered real wheel drive cars.

l2ounD

When I first got a wheel for GT5 it took a good while for my times to be up there with my controller. So expecting better handling right off the bat might not happen but YMMV.
That said the wheel offers such a better over all experience once you're used to it.

Top Bottom