• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport demo coming Oct. 9

GHG

IQ is not that bad. It's just not what I'm used to. It's definitely more than tolerable.

It's so so clean on the pro at 1080p in quality mode.

No idea what it's like on base PS4 or even the pro at native 4K though.

Kalor

I've only done a few races but I'm really enjoying this so far. The menu has some nice music.

Edit: Is the matchmaking meant to say "Preparing to Match" for ages? I can't tell if it's actually ever going to put me in a match or not.

xion4360

Its very clean in 4K..clearly not native but it looks very nice hardly any edges. Theres some stairstep artifacts around the wheels with all the dust in rally races.. I only really notice it in replays. Probably something thats in there for base ps4 as well.

Great driving physics as always. But the graphics are pretty inconsistent (In game), and a lot worse than i expected (expectation based in videos and gifs posted here in gaf). Played in a base PS4.

15075821236671898404667.jpg

My experience so far.

I would love to race in cockpit view but that POV... can't see enough road in most cars on my 24inch monitor from my bed. There is no POV slider, right?

On the base PS4 there's definitely aliasing issues. One of the most obvious ways I noticed it was in the license test for braking...the checkerboard road area was just a flickering mess at a distance. In most cases it's not really that bad. Certainly nothing to complain about for the tradeoff of fairly-locked 60fps.

eso76

damn... that's not good news =/

IQ is good, not Horizon zd or uncharted levels on regular PS4 but still plenty good imho.

Anyway.
Issues I'm having:
No idea why it defaults to stereo on my setup, all other games recognise a 5.1 or 7.1 setup.
It also sounds really weird at times: I believe it's sound glitches I'm hearing during replays (cars passing by produce a sudden, short engine noise that's immediately gone, laughably bad).
And man those bumper car physics when you hit another car or a wall look more jarring than ever now with everything looking so realistic.

Aside from that though, I think it's just stellar all around.

Need Spotify playlist of the soundtrack.

Shit man the museum stuff is kind of blowing me away here. That’s so cool, have they always done this?

Yes.

You could even drive the Benz motor carriage in one of them. It's was terrible, but you could.

I remember it not having the power to make it through the first main straight because of a slight incline.

XD

Game looks beautiful. Playing on a Pro on 65" 4k HDR TV and the image quality alone puts this ahead of Driveclub for me.

Unfortunately racing simulations aren't my thing at all. I can see the appeal but its just not for me.
I will be spending some more time with the beta, simply to enjoy the visuals some more.

Same here, every time. Restarting my system didn't help.

Same for me.

ddikxela

If you're in NA, you need PS+ to download it right now. It will unlock for non PS+ users at 6PM PT (9PM ET) tonight.

If you absolutely want to download it immediately without PS+, you're going to need an account in another region (like Europe). Keep in mind the demo will only be playable using the account that downloaded it regardless of whether it's set to primary or not.

Unless something has changed this morning(NZ Time here) It will work. I downloaded the demo off my NZ account, and was able to jump on with my non-PS+ US account last night before starting with my NZ account....

I believe the original closed beta had that issue you are describing of being locked to the specific account

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
Okay maybe someone can answer this question for me once and for all.

When you're using manual transmission, at the start of a race what are you actually supposed to do? Should you be revving?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
When trying out the scapes, it had me considering buying cars just because they’d suit a particular location..

Was having fun using the other cars to light the main subject car but framing the photo to hide them.

You should move as close as possible to the TV with your wheel. For your TV size GTS would only have the correct FOV at like 40cm distance (guessing, from other racing, not knowing what GTS's FOV angle is in absolute numbers).

Just moved house, don't have all my shit set up yet properly.

Edit: that's a 50" TV as well. Picture makes it look smaller tbh.

Trying to access the options to change the controller config I chose before the first race and the game crashes every time. Christ...

Game looks pretty good.
Seems to be shaping up nicely. Still having bumper car collisions after 4 generations is truly disappointing though.
I was all over the place on the dirt track, I haven't played GT in a while, didn't remember it being so slippery.

I'm surprised to have seen so little discussion surrounding the visual damage model ... from the scrapes and tiny dings I witnessed tonight it all seemed fairly competent.

Just moved house, don't have all my shit set up yet properly.

Edit: that's a 50" TV as well. Picture makes it look smaller tbh.

55cm then from my FoV guess of 60° (vertical FOV). Could be that it's higher actually, 65° maybe even 70°. If it's 70° then 40cm is not so far off even for a 50" TV.

cakely

So far, so good. Got a gold time on the Northern Isle Speedway lap (I know, it's no big deal) just in time for a "servers down" network save error.

Definitely gonna play some more tonight.

Has anyone today been able to get into a Sport match? I just got home from work itching to play this but I'm seeing server issues abound. I might crack into the Driving School for tonight instead. I like the idea of qualifying laps before timed events online, but if the online is bugging out, that kinda breaks it...

*Edit* Scratch the Driving School idea...they only put in the first row of challenges in. I already got them all.

Server errors and crashes. This reminds me of another Sony racing game I had terrible experience with. Why is this happening again? Haven't they learned a thing?

Crayon

Has anyone today been able to get into a Sport match? I just got home from work itching to play this but I'm seeing server issues abound. I might crack into the Driving School for tonight instead. I like the idea of qualifying laps before timed events online, but if the online is bugging out, that kinda breaks it...

*Edit* Scratch the Driving School idea...they only put in the first row of challenges in. I already got them all.

I was getting them find at first but now I can't.

Top Bottom