• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport demo coming Oct. 9

Do we know if our level and campaign progress will transfer to the full version?

I know we can transfer credits and some cars, but the rest is not clear.

Really enjoying the demo, 100% keeping my pre-order. Despite the changes, it's still very much Gran Turismo. The presentation is amazing and extremely polished, the graphics are excellent, the car handling is superb, cars sound much better and the music is great too.

Scapes is so cool, I can see me spending a lot of time in photo mode and the social part, being able to share stuff is a nice feature. I also like how you are rewarded for everything you do, even in arcade mode, nothing seems pointless.

The campaign is really addictive too, trying to nail golds on everything, it has that "just one more go" thing about it, I'm hooked, can't wait to get stuck into the full game. I'm really not missing a standard career mode.

The only small issue is the car count and track count but that will get better with updates, so isn't a major issue. I definitely think quality over quantity was the right move, GT hasn't looked or felt this polished in a long time and it's an awesome game, can't wait to play in VR now, I've even brought a G29 for the game, although it handles very well with the DS4 controller.

farisr

Is it wrong that that's what I want?
Hey to each his own, just like I want a better more structured and fleshed out career mode, you can want that to happen as well. To me it would actually be pretty bad as endurance races overstay their welcome imo, especially without a dynamic ToD and weather system, but we all have our preferences.

Anyone else's game crashing on them? I played for an hour and I encountered my second game ending crash (in a different spot) that boots me out.

GHG

Gold Member
Hey to each his own, just like I want a better more structured and fleshed out career mode, you can want that to happen as well. To me it would actually be pretty bad as endurance races overstay their welcome imo, especially without a dynamic ToD and weather system, but we all have our preferences.

Oh I agree endurance races are always much better with dynamic TOD/Weather. That's why project cars (and now PCars 2) are my go to endurance simulators.

None the less, I find it to be oddly therapeutic doing endurance races. I think they will be great in this game in particular because the AI is proving to be reasonably competent and there are a number of tire/fuel (lean/rich) options at your disposal to make any strategy you see fit.

If they add in weather at some point that will be dialed up to 100. It would be nice to have a go to endurance racer that controls well with the controller for when I can't get out the wheel for PCars.

Tomeru

At some point, talking about what you want from the game becomes redundant. Even whining. It's time to accept this is what you get, and constatnly reminding what shouldve couldve wouldve been is making you sound desperate.

Wollan

Really curious to see how big this will be in the months to come.
An online focused Gran Turismo as-a-Service is an interesting project (and strangely lacking competition within the racing genre). Seems like the right time to do this.

I'm absolutely loving the demo! The physics, the graphics, the menus, the OST... this is... bloody BRILLIANT! Love the challenges and single player stuff too!

This is from my first race in Arcade mode... the photo mode is GOD tier:
LwVczbp.jpg

Need to get this game. All doubts have been removed!

I Like everything I’ve tried so far except having to wait 20m for races in sport mode. Is this really how it works?

Well they are 20 minute staggers, so unless you got super unlucky and clicked to play at 20/40/00 then you don't have to wait 20 minutes and that time you do wait gives you chance to improve your skills and find better matched players. Once you're in a race then obviously if that race takes 10-15 minutes then it's only 5 till the next one. Yeah the first race can take a while but if you get it right they can flow in to each other.

bombshell

I Like everything I’ve tried so far except having to wait 20m for races in sport mode. Is this really how it works?

Yes, that is the entire point of Sport mode. Learn the track, do the qualifying round, improve your time, race.

If you don't want to do that, go to the Lobby mode where you can race at random times by joining other people's open lobbies or create one yourself.

There's no denying that the "campaign" stuff is lacking compared to what people expect from a modern game, but it's standard content for a GT game.
Um, this is not standard content for a GT game, it's the polar opposite. That's why people are upset.

The only other GT games with equivalent 'campaigns' to this were the Prologue entries, which obviously weren't even full titles.

farisr

At some point, talking about what you want from the game becomes redundant. Even whining. It's time to accept this is what you get, and constatnly reminding what shouldve couldve wouldve been is making you sound desperate.
If this was two gens ago, I'd agree. But in this day and age, it is never redunant. Look at Street Fighter V's upcoming January update. Also, I only respond/talk about it when the subject comes up. I'm not randomly bringing it up out of the blue here.

KRaZyAmmo

I just finished the first day with the demo. I think the livery and scrapes will be most of my time, unless I'm very completionist and wanna get gold on all the driving school, mission races, racing etiquettes, and the last one I forgot the name of. I got friends to play with online so that'll be good. I haven't experienced Sports Mode yet.

Here's a livery I have for the Peugeot RCZ R I have going on

Neith

Banned
Maybe it was answered but do we keep our MISSION points over from the beta? Am I supposed to spend these? Not sure what to do really. I don't want 2 or three thousand mission points to just disappear.

KRaZyAmmo

Maybe it was answered but do we keep our MISSION points over from the beta? Am I supposed to spend these? Not sure what to do really. I don't want 2 or three thousand mission points to just disappear.

I believe everything should carry over and you can still continue playing once the full game releases.

I believe everything should carry over and you can still continue playing once the full game releases.
Do we have official confirmation of that? I thought there were only three specific things that carried over. I think solidsnakex posted them. From memory it was credits (up to a max of 1,000,000 I think?), cars, and one other thing. But maybe the other thing was campaign progress lol. I really don't want to try to gold all of the bloody campaign stuff twice!

Tomeru

If this was two gens ago, I'd agree. But in this day and age, it is never redunant. Look at Street Fighter V's upcoming January update. Also, I only respond/talk about it when the subject comes up. I'm not randomly bringing it up out of the blue here.

This will never be a sfv situation. Gts' prologues sell more than sfv did. And so will this. This is it. Get on board and drop your last gen standards in a folder for later.

farisr

What does ”Slow down" in red during race mean?
It likely means you went off road or hit/scraped against a wall/barrier usually due to taking a turn at a very high speed.
This will never be a sfv situation. Gts' prologues sell more than sfv did. And so will this. This is it. Get on board and drop your last gen standards in a folder for later.
I'll do what I want, thank you very much. Feel free to put me on ignore if my posts bother you.

KRaZyAmmo

Do we have official confirmation of that? I thought there were only three specific things that carried over. I think solidsnakex posted them. From memory it was credits (up to a max of 1,000,000 I think?), cars, and one other thing. But maybe the other thing was campaign progress lol. I really don't want to try to gold all of the bloody campaign stuff twice!

according to GT:planet. These are transferable to the full game

Elements transferable to full game (TBC)
1. Cars
2. Currency and Experience Points
3. Driver Profile, including Sportsmanship and Driver Ratings

Razgreez

What does “Slow down” in red during race mean?

The way it appears to work is:

• It's a penalty for cutting corners or driving poorly i.e. shoving other cars off the road
  • It is applied for the duration of the race
  • It reduces if you drive slowly or if you're just generally slow i.e. it will reduce even if you drive normally but your sectors are poor/slow
  • If any of the penalty remains by the time the race ends then it gets added to your race completion time and may result in your dropping places

l2ounD

Sorry guys, need help, beginner here.

Can't complete beginners 8, there's no way I get in time, I'm watching videos and everyone reach the curve at 72mph at least while I just get there at 65, no matter how I time my start I can't pass 65/66.

Also, I notice on videos that the gas meter is always full while in my case it drops to half as soon as I get control on the car.

Help!?

Try turning off any assists if you have them on for that challenge.

Rally took some time to get used to but it ended up pretty fun in Colorado Springs. https://youtu.be/Bj882v_Xo9E

xV3Nki4.png

Fishermans looks like a headache though trying to memorize that one.

And bloody hell the 6-2 Mission! Messed up either fuel or trying to block and getting spun. Kinda fun too :p

emjot

Started up driving school and I can't even for the life of me get the gold on the first event which is just driving in a straight fucking line.

Welp.

Did you turn of TC or lower it to 1? Because that is what I also do first in GT in the settings after starting the game. But that car behaves kinda weird, just couldn't find the sweet spot on the rev scale. Funny thing is, if you leave TC at default (3), you can just stay on the throttle the whole time and just need to find the right brake point. But I don't know how that has anything to do with a driving school...

RossoneR

Banned
First beta made me cautiously optimistic but this demo made me preorder thing.

I just hope single player stuff wont be affected by servers in full version.

Bollocks

somehow I thought this was a 40€ game with all the talk about "Sport" and not "7" and lack of career mode and Sony's recent 40€ games.
turns out it's still 60 :/

I wish there was a history of all the online races you were in, unless I'm missing something. I just raced on a new track...it looked like an old track I remember from GT1 and GT2. The one with the huge downward straight that led into a tight u-turn with a sand pit. Weird seing that in high-definition after all these years.

edit: Also, online for me has been a mixed bag so far. Most people seem fairly cautious, but there's a few who just ram around the track like they're playing against AI. Also, it's a bit confusing as to when you'll hit someone and when they'll be "ghosting". I've seen people go off the track, drive back on in front of me and I go right through them. Other times they've rammed me. Makes me uncertain as to how to react in those situations.

bombshell

somehow I thought this was a 40€ game with all the talk about "Sport" and not "7" and lack of career mode and Sony's recent 40€ games.
turns out it's still 60 :/

It also turns out that there is not a lack of campaign events, so the full price is justified.

I guess that's all the time I have with the demo. Loved it, despite some criticism I gave a few posts back.

Can't justify it with Mario Odyssey coming in the corner, and my one game a month rule. Hopefully it goes on sale a few months in.

yume_2501

Hi guys. Loving the game. Didn t want to buy the game before the demo but after i ve Tried the demo i have no doubt anymore (loving the single Player campaign too). I m using a g27 with gimx adapter but it seems that only the forcefeedback is working and no vibration(or at least i have the feeling that the ff is more dominant than vibration). Is it normal? On PC2 it worked just some days ago so i don t Think it s the wheel. In the options the vibration is on, both controller 1 and 2

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
OK, so anyone having an idea as to why I cant choose 4k mode?
Im running on a PS4 Pro, connected directly to a Samsung KS8000 and the PS4 Settings menu tells me the Outgoing signal is 3840 × 2160 @ 60hz. Also tells me HDR is supported in 24, 25, 30, 50 and 60 Hz.

Yet in GTS the option for 4k is greyed out.

Anyone any idea?

yume_2501

OK, so anyone having an idea as to why I cant choose 4k mode?
Im running on a PS4 Pro, connected directly to a Samsung KS8000 and the PS4 Settings menu tells me the Outgoing signal is 3840 × 2160 @ 60hz. Also tells me HDR is supported in 24, 25, 30, 50 and 60 Hz.

Yet in GTS the option for 4k is greyed out.

Anyone any idea?

Probably you were confused. The greyed out option was 2k, you are already on 4k if your PS4 is setted right

Top Bottom