• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport demo coming Oct. 9

Vossler

Longtime GT fan, and PC sim racer here -- anyone else feel that driving with the controller is just off? It sucks that Sony/Logitech blocked the G27 and Driving Force GT, so I've had to revert to other methods to get it to work, but man, with all the assists on I'm 20+ seconds behind, and with them off, the cars seem to be a bit uncontrollable. Hoping my solution to get the old wheels working pays off tonight.

Karu

Oh the Beta ended today? Shame, wanted to play some more tonight. Had great fun, but still so-so about a purchase. The game might be too pro for me. Although I do not mind racing for the lucrative fourteenth spot, the SR rating kills me. I am someone who wants to drive clean all the time, but because of that I also have the feeling I am holding back in tricky situations etc. Hm.

bombshell

Oh the Beta ended today? Shame, wanted to play some more tonight. Had great fun, but still so-so about a purchase. The game might be too pro for me. Although I do not mind racing for the lucrative fourteenth spot, the SR rating kills me. I am someone who wants to drive clean all the time, but because of that I also have the feeling I am holding back in tricky situations etc. Hm.

No, it's on through tomorrow.

nw3

Longtime GT fan, and PC sim racer here -- anyone else feel that driving with the controller is just off? It sucks that Sony/Logitech blocked the G27 and Driving Force GT, so I've had to revert to other methods to get it to work, but man, with all the assists on I'm 20+ seconds behind, and with them off, the cars seem to be a bit uncontrollable. Hoping my solution to get the old wheels working pays off tonight.

I generally like the pad controls, especially compared to the disaster that was Project Cars 1. However, I was surprised how difficult it seemed this morning to get the Corvette C7 to turn in: a mid-engined car like that with a bunch of speed scrubbed off should whip into the apex with little effort. Anolog stick on full lock and it just won't turn much. Maybe I need to play with the car geo setup + mess about with the controller settings....

I thought it's supposed to end tomorrow?

JamboGT

I generally like the pad controls, especially compared to the disaster that was Project Cars 1. However, I was surprised how difficult it seemed this morning to get the Corvette C7 to turn in: a mid-engined car like that with a bunch of speed scrubbed off should whip into the apex with little effort. Anolog stick on full lock and it just won't turn much. Maybe I need to play with the car geo setup + mess about with the controller settings....

It should still turn in but the C7 is a front engined, rear driven car.

It finally clicked for me where I was going wrong with the points system. The area of touching is massive, its like half a cars width in all directions combined with driver cam I was doing quite a bit of touching without realising. Now I just need to figure out how to keep this extra space and fast enough to win because those at the front won't give you the room.

bombshell

Supposedly, yes, it does.

SR is not in what they've announced as things that carry over.
The following data content can be carried over to the final product version when it releases:
・In-game credits (up to a limit)
・Mileage points (up to a limit)
・Cars acquired (up to a limit)
・Online contents such as photos and livery set data shared in the game are also expected to be carried over into the final product version.)
http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_5863055.html

Credits limit is 1 million and cars limit is 8.

mojo2

Neo Member
Damn I can't save the game. Since last night. Got Bugatti VGT and few levels and I'm afraid to lose them.
Tried the options auto-save trick that PD is suggesting but nope.

Sebmugi

the wet road offers a beautiful perspective for the photos .. ^^

1507738509-gran-turismo-tm-sport-version-beta-20171011171618.png

1507738483-gran-turismo-tm-sport-version-beta-20171011172309.png

1507738526-gran-turismo-tm-sport-version-beta-20171011173043.png

1507738491-gran-turismo-tm-sport-version-beta-20171011173759.png

1507738470-gran-turismo-tm-sport-version-beta-20171011175559.png

1507738545-gran-turismo-tm-sport-version-beta-20171011180213.png

GrayFoxPL

Online stats worked for me when I tried GTS for the first time then till now constant connection error, popping up even during gameplay. Hope it's just server maintenance. I'm almost sold on it, but I need to make sure online works.

ornery

Online stats worked for me when I tried GTS for the first time then till now constant connection error, popping up even during gameplay. Hope it's just server maintenance. I'm almost sold on it, but I need to make sure online works.

Online works fine. There's server maintenance during the day. Been rock solid for me the past couple days, and I'm usually playing at 6pm CST

I'm going to riot if my endurance gold wasn't saved, RIOT!
Made a silly mistake in the 27th lap but managed to catch up and pass the M6 in the last corner. It was beautiful. :(

v1lla21

Game pad controls are fine for me. Seem to work better than in other racing games. Didn’t get a chance to play last night but I’ll hit the track tonight for sure

"a connection to the server could not be established"

nnnoooooo

Over the past two days I've had over a dozen periods of not being able to play this demo. Not the most enjoyable of experiences in terms of convincing me to get this. The fact that it stops in a couple of days is a piss take, surely they'll have to extend it?

GrayFoxPL

Does the full game have offline campaign? SSS licenses and all that? Last GT I played to death was GT1, lol.

Online works fine. There's server maintenance during the day. Been rock solid for me the past couple days, and I'm usually playing at 6pm CST

It's almost 7 pm here and online stopped working about 2 hours ago. Hope to get to test it tomorrow.

dr guildo

I have no idea what you were expecting, but this is the prettiest game I've ever played on my PS4 Pro.

And I'm comparing this to Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted Lost Legacy.....

Same here Bro... my Pro can't thank me enough for dat beta...
So so beautiful !

Just let me play arcade or something. It even says I should be able to play arcade when offline. Really pissed off that again I can’t play at the time I want to play. And becasue I haven’t been online once, I have to go through that bloody options thingy again and again.

Top Bottom