• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I work 8AM to 4PM tomorrow, putting boxes up and crap, at Taco Bell.

Then I have Monday off.

Then I pick up GTA midnight...

Then I have Tuesday off...

Then I have Wednesday off...

Then I have Thursday off...

:D

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDP

You lucky bastard!! I have an organic chemistry test monday and a physics test friday plus labs all week, however; I am gonna savor the little time I have with the game so damn much! In fact it probably won't be a small amount of time, because I'm gonna have to make time.

:lol, I was joking, bruh.

But seriously,
stop spoiling the Cthulhu references in GTAV. There's a ton of them.[/notspoiler]
*Wipes sweat from brow*

The ban hammer is always a looming threat over here

Well, it wasn't a Cthulhu game per se, but Cthulhu was a boss in
Anarchy Reigns

Or was it Mecha-Cthulhu? I can't remember.
Badass. I'll have to check it out.

So what is the deal with the GAF Crew? I sent a request and got accepted into it on the Rockstar Social Club site, but I'm assuming I have to connect my Social Club account to my gamer profile somehow? And then once that's done I'll be able to seamlessly play online with everyone else registered in the GAF crew?

tookhster

Wow, my CE from Rockstar Warehouse finally shipped at 11PM. Don't know what that means but I'm happy.

Wonder if there's a chance I might get it Monday since I'm not far from NY.

Gaz_RB

*Wipes sweat from brow*

The ban hammer is always a looming threat over here

Badass. I'll have to check it out.

So what is the deal with the GAF Crew? I sent a request and got accepted into it on the Rockstar Social Club site, but I'm assuming I have to connect my Social Club account to my gamer profile somehow? And then once that's done I'll be able to seamlessly play online with everyone else registered in the GAF crew?

So yeah you link your gamertag to your socialclub account, and come October 1st, when you join a multiplayer world, your world will be filled dynamically with up to 16 people, choosing players using this criteria:

1st tier: anyone from your friends list. If you have 15 free friends playing GTA V, they will all fill your game first, and you won't have to play with randoms.

2nd tier: anyone in your crew. (which means gaffers, if you join GAF Street :D )

3rd tier: randoms. No fun!

Is there going to be a thread for playing with others here? or have i missed wat page people posted their PSN ID,s?

If you're PS3: Here

So yeah you link your gamertag to your socialclub account, and come October 1st, when you join a multiplayer world, your world will be filled dynamically with up to 16 people, choosing players using this criteria:

1st tier: anyone from your friends list. If you have 15 free friends playing GTA V, they will all fill your game first, and you won't have to play with randoms.

2nd tier: anyone in your crew. (which means gaffers, if you join GAF Street :D )

3rd tier: randoms. No fun!
Awesome man, thanks for the insight.

Hurley

Hopefully someone can help me out here.

I've pre ordered it for PS3..but I don't have a PS3 console as my previous one died a few months ago and I've been waiting for GTA to come out before I purchase a new one.

Just wondering if the basic 12GB version will be fine in regards to the install feature the game has? I've tried to look it up and I've read that in order to do a game install the game requires your hard drive be double the install size? Is this true? Thanks.

Gaz_RB

I've pre ordered it for PS3..but I don't have a PS3 console as my previous one died a few months ago and I've been waiting for GTA to come out before I purchase a new one.

Just wondering if the basic 12GB version will be fine in regards to the install feature the game has? I've tried to look it up and I've read that in order to do a game install the game requires your hard drive be double the install size? Is this true? Thanks.

I'm pretty sure the "double the install size" thing only is needed if you are downloading it from PSN. The disc based install should fit just fine on a clean 12GB,

The double the game size is normally needed because when you download a game, the system unpacks it to install it, meaning a 18gb game needs 36 to install.

You're good to go!

sappyday

I think you should be fine. Install is 8GB. Download is out of the question though.

tookhster

I'm pretty sure the "double the install size" thing only is needed if you are downloading it from PSN. The disc based install should fit just fine on a clean 12GB,

Yeah, you only need double the size if you download from PSN because it downloads the installer for the game as well. With the disc, you're just installing the 8 GB.

But be cautious because we don't know how big the patch for GTA Online might be, if that matters to you. It could be just a simple unlock or a 1+GB update for all we know, at least I haven't heard anything about it yet.

Aenima

The double size is for the digital version only if im not mistaken.

Edit: beaten :p

PK Gaming

:(

My hype for this game has reached the lowest point possible because I can't afford this game at all (darn school related expenses...)

CF22

I was looking at some photos I took while at LA last year for hype's sake. I though I'd share:

9754896194_45f8aec81d_b.jpg

9754719611_a1cd26e9b3_b.jpg

9754723812_f241c9ffa7_b.jpg

9754932324_1497d1d6e3_b.jpg

9754741922_1d885ca890_b.jpg

9754949916_0bc16feaed_b.jpg

9754974224_e06989515f_b.jpg

9754981244_c10eed4eb5_b.jpg

9754982206_873a582bab_b.jpg

tookhster

I was looking at some photos I took while at LA last year for hype's sake. I though I'd share:

Wow, those look beautiful man. I've always wanted to visit LA. Unfortunately, I live on the opposite side of the country. And this game will make me want to book a flight immediately, I'm sure.

Afrodium

Banned
Really regretting that PSN preorder. Getting RDR and Undead Nightmare for $10 was nice, but now with no preload and the persistent fear that the servers are going to crash at 12:01 PST, I really want a physical copy.

Can't believe US PSN has a no return policy on preorders. What bullshit

Wow, those look beautiful man. I've always wanted to visit LA. Unfortunately, I live on the opposite side of the country. And this game will make me want to book a flight immediately, I'm sure.

I've been there a few times for training, the one thing I took away from it was that the traffic is fucking insane. All the outlying towns/cities are nice and rather beautiful, but L.A. Proper is insane. It's a very unique city. The only other places I've seen traffic that is slighly less worse are Hawaii(where I live now) and Qindao, China, China is crazy with traffic, but it pales in comparison to L.A.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
I am currently one hour away from a three day weekend that will culminate with GTA5 for 36 straight hours.

Beers in the fridge.
Got that stanky with the papers and double perc set up
52 inch plasma
Couch.

stick it in my veins!!!!

BIG_V-G-V

Banned
Really regretting that PSN preorder. Getting RDR and Undead Nightmare for $10 was nice, but now with no preload and the persistent fear that the servers are going to crash at 12:01 PST, I really want a physical copy.

Can't believe US PSN has a no return policy on preorders. What bullshit

I thought it was going up at 9pm pst? That's what R* said yesterday on their Twitter when replying to someone who asked if that what time it was for us West Coasters and they said "Yup"

I am currently one hour away from a three day weekend that will culminate with GTA5 for 36 straight hours.

Beers in the fridge.
Got that stanky with the papers and double perc set up
52 inch plasma
Couch.

stick it in my veins!!!!
That sounds absolutely amazing. So far you win for the best setup

EDIT: All I bought was three bottles of caffeine which I've cut down on significantly this year so I imagine it's going to keep me more wide awake due to my tolerance being down and four bags of Bold and Cheese flavored Chex Mix oh and left over pizza because I'm going to buy it Monday so I don't waste time picking it up Tuesday.

Oh man I really hope he resurfaces when GTA V launches. Surely Fox News would gladly give him some air time.

It isn't a GTA launch without some Jack Thompson buffoonery!

Glenn Beck, Jack Thompson, and GTA IV all in one glorious clip. So good.

"Oh jeez, here's a crazy conservative on TV screaming about the dangers of video games!"

So funny how on point he is

I don't, Jack lost what minute amount relevance he had when he was disbarred five years ago.

rouken

just finished TBOGT again to pass some time. i gotta admit even from this game you can see rockstar has learned a lot on the bad decisions they made from gta iv.

2013-09-15_00015s5suk.jpg

I don't, Jack lost what minute amount relevance he had when he was disbarred five years ago.
I know, that's what would make it even more hysterical! Just a washed-up has been, disbarred and disgraced from his profession, but still championing his lunacy all the way to the end. Beautiful.

carlos

the 12GB version should be fine, but I would recommend the ps3 gta bundle if you haven't bought a console yet. It's a better value overall, IMHO.

tookhster

Is there any info on what version is best? both are the same? I have friends on both systems, so I am not sure which to pick up.

Just pick the one where you have the most friends then lol.

As expected, we've had people say good and bad things about both versions, but it's clear that the game still looks and runs damn fine on both consoles. It isn't as clear as a difference as how previous R* games were, so just pick one and you'll be happy either way.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I tried to play GTA4 again a few months ago and the player controls(walking around, not driving) felt incredibly aged. Has that been improved at all?

kazebyaka

Banned
Spent whole day just playing the game. Completed 50% of story missions in 20 hours. It's freaking enormous, i can't believe how much content is in there. And i'm not the guy who likes to take pointless walks and do nothing. Antoniobanderas.gif

Btw, i started to notice many texture and object popups after 6 or so hour session, especially on fast cars. And sometimes the game stops for a fraction of a second, loading a new portion of the city if you ride on super fast cars. I don't know if it's only ps3 version problem, or just mine exclusively.

MercuryLS

Banned
Spent whole day just playing the game. Completed 50% of story missions in 20 hours. It's freaking enormous, i can't believe how much content is in there. And i'm not the guy who likes to take pointless walks and do nothing. Antoniobanderas.gif

Btw, i started to notice many texture and object popups after 6 or so hour session, especially on fast cars. And sometimes the game stops for a fraction of a second, loading a new portion of the city if you ride on super fast cars. I don't know if it's only ps3 version problem, or just mine exclusively.

How are the story missions? Are they like previous GTA's where the first half or two thirds are boring missions the last part of the game have all the cool ones?

kazebyaka

Banned
How are the story missions? Are they like previous GTA's where the first half or two thirds are boring missions the last part of the game have all the cool ones?
All of them are amazing, diverse and creative . Even side missions and strangers. Production quality is through the roof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom