• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn it, I popped into a Best Buy today and I checked their inventory. A couple hundred copies just sitting in the back waiting to be unleashed.

The wait is killing me.

Future

If you loved GTA 4 and RDR story, you will be blown away by it, because it's on another level of quality.

Oscar caliber?! :p

So I haven't preordered yet. If I order on amazon now guessing it won't ship in time. Might try to preorder or do a midnight thing for the first time in years. Can't decide what to do!

So I haven't preordered yet. If I order on amazon now guessing it won't ship in time. Might try to preorder or do a midnight thing for the first time in years. Can't decide what to do!

If you're ordering from the U.S. And you have Prime or use Two-Day shipping you still have 16 hours to get it with RDD.
Two more days...

ibn8T02ri3A04m.gif

Two days about ten hours on my end. The worst part is the waiting for FedEx/UPS to show up.

Thankfully, GTA:VC taught me to control my hype but it's not been easy with V.

kazebyaka

Banned

Don't get me wrong, the story itself is nothing special or even new, but the way it's done and presented... I've never seen anything like it(in video games). I'm still half through story missions though, but I only expect things to get even better. I already think that it's the best Rockstar has ever done.

Reading some of the stuff in this thread, I'm convinced I'm going to be seeing people walking out of Gamestop in tears holding their copies like they've just been rescued from a burning building

dreamfall

If you loved GTA 4 and RDR story, you will be blown away by it, because it's on another level of quality.

Whoa- that is wild indeed!

Loved them both- I hope it really does reach the same level, with better pacing!

Reading some of the stuff in this thread, I'm convinced I'm going to be seeing people walking out of Gamestop in tears holding their copies like they've just been rescued from a burning building

And that's perfectly alright! It's only been five years of waiting? Why NOT shed a tear!

lem0n

Just wanted to thank all of the regulars in here, you all keeping the conversations going has kept me satiated and, in turn, 99% spoiler free. This thread has been my home on the internet all week- I dare not venture anywhere else for fear of some asshole spoiling the ending or something. This is literally the only safe haven for true GTA fans on the web.

To those that have it, the only worrying thing for me is the driving mechanics. Can you tell me what game it compares to as far as feel and grip to the road? Thank you in advance

But the performance is still great right?

Performance is good! I havent had any HARD dips on FPS, its not bad at all. Thing is, the game is so much full of details, that its a miracle that I dont get major FPS dip also! Its a thing of beauty to behold, it really is.

lem0n

Whoa- that is wild indeed!

Loved them both- I hope it really does reach the same level, with better pacing!

And that's perfectly alright! It's only been five years of waiting? Why NOT shed a tear!
Haha I totally agree with that last sentiment. I'm gonna be happy as a new daddy walking out of that gamestop. And good thing my bmw has a top speed of 155 because I'm gonna need every bit of that to get home to play asap

Timu

Performance is good! I havent had any HARD dips on FPS, its not bad at all. Thing is, the game is so much full of details, that its a miracle that I dont get major FPS dip also! Its a thing of beauty to behold, it really is.
Nice to hear, because that's the version I preordered on Amazon. Heard some say it gets bad at times while others say it's fine for the most part.

dreamfall

Haha I totally agree with that last sentiment. I'm gonna be happy as a new daddy walking out of that gamestop. And good thing my bmw has a top speed of 155 because I'm gonna need every bit of that to get home to play asap

Aha, that is rad! Bimmer will be off to the races to jump into some West Coast goodness.

My '04 Camry covered in stickers, poor brake pads, and a dysfunctional clock that never reports the right time will be racing alongside you somewhere in the States.

2 days. 2 freakin' days!

dreamfall

dreamfall, I gotta say, I friggin love your enthusiasm. Exclamation points all up in this bitch whenever you're posting. It's infectious.

MetalGuardian, we've shared the same enthusiasm for the game since the first pages of this thread. Hell, since the Gone Gold thread before this became home!

Like most of GAF, and all here, the wait hasn't been easy. We've been posting at lightspeed thread pace, just to get past the wait. Some made it with just the right amount of information, some felt regret, but we're all still here!

A GTA release is a god damn cultural event. For all of IV's problems, and the fans that felt the series went in the wrong direction, we've got a final parting shot coming at the end of the console generation. What could be better?!

These games for me define Open World at it's best. IV got me through a lot of heavy shit, and I'm hoping I'll be around for V to do more of the same! Attribute meaning to a videogame, spending years of digital bliss in a world you've become familiar with, sharing stories of your travels- there's nothing like it.

So to Tuesday! The sentiment shared on GAF is nothing but the wildest anticipation!

Don't get me wrong, the story itself is nothing special or even new, but the way it's done and presented... I've never seen anything like it(in video games). I'm still half through story missions though, but I only expect things to get even better. I already think that it's the best Rockstar has ever done.

More importantly, how is the mission structure and pacing? San Andreas was great primarily because of the strong narrative progression that constantly fed you interesting new scenarios, both micro and macro, while corralling you through the world, whereas GTAIV suffered in that I can't remember half of what happened over the course of the game.

For me, pacing and geographical identity are the key factors in judging the quality of a Grand Theft Auto. It seems like they nailed the latter, so everything hinges on the overall structure.

MetalGuardian, we've shared the same enthusiasm for the game since the first pages of this thread. Hell, since the Gone Gold thread before this became home!

Like most of GAF, and all here, the wait hasn't been easy. We've been posting at lightspeed thread pace, just to get past the wait. Some made it with just the right amount of information, some felt regret, but we're all still here!

A GTA release is a god damn cultural event. For all of IV's problems, and the fans that felt the series went in the wrong direction, we've got a final parting shot coming at the end of the console generation. What could be better?!

These games for me define Open World at it's best. IV got me through a lot of heavy shit, and I'm hoping I'll be around for V to do more of the same! Attribute meaning to a videogame, spending years of digital bliss in a world you've become familiar with, sharing stories of your travels- there's nothing like it.

So to Tuesday! The sentiment shared on GAF is nothing but the wildest anticipation!
I'm looking for V to help me through a rough time too. As for everything else... I couldn't have said it better myself.

ULTIMATE_4e7930_2990072.jpg

rouken

amen brother! :)

lem0n

Dreamfall, I second Guardian's comment. If you are playing on Xbox and need a fellow GTA fanatic to help with a heist or three, please feel free to let me know. Most of my friends are GTA nuts but none share this enthusiasm right now. They think I'm going overboard here.

Bs. Lol

Did you install both disks or just one?

I inserted disc one, and it installed 7.8GB of data. As soon as that was over, a screen appeared and prompted me to insert Disc 2, which I did. Then a first time load appeared (this took around 2-3 minutes to complete) and then the intro started.

Now, I havent played again (I was watching the boxing fight), but I can turn on my Xbox and see if the second disk can be installed to the HDD, if you guys want to confirm this.

BFIB

First few vacation days have been stellar. Tomorrow Cardinals baseball, Breaking Bad and the Dexter comedy hour. Monday stocking the fridge with some Oktoberfest. Then midnight, and I have no idea when I'll leave my couch again.

I inserted disc one, and it installed 7.8GB of data. As soon as that was over, a screen appeared and prompted me to insert Disc 2, which I did. Then a first time load appeared (this took around 2-3 minutes to complete) and then the intro started.

Now, I havent played again (I was watching the boxing fight), but I can turn on my Xbox and see if the second disk can be installed to the HDD, if you guys want to confirm this.

One disk is a mandatory install but you should be able to install the disk you actually play off of as well. I would think that it would further optimize the game.

One disk is a mandatory install but you should be able to install the disk you actually play off of as well. I would think that it would further optimize the game.

Yup, you were right. I will have to switch HDD's tomorrow (I cant believe I was still rocking the original 20GB HDD on this Xbox, thank God I have a 120GB spare disk lying somewhere in here). I will let you guys know how it goes.

I'm about to go knock out 50% of all the sleeps left standing between me and GTA V

Until the morrow, ladies and gentlemen!

My epic crime sagas fill your dreamscapes this night

I'm about to go knock out 50% of all the sleeps left standing between me and GTA V

Until the morrow, ladies and gentlemen!

My epic crime sagas fill your dreamscapes this night

This sounds like a good idea, more sleep the less hours until GTA V. It's also after 3am here and while I have nothing to do (at least planned, probably will change and with my luck something will happen Tuesday) I really want to not screw up my sleep pattern before Tuesday in case UPS/FedEx arrives in the morning.
[/GAFBLOG]

I wonder how many pages this will be at by the time I see this topic again, I'm going to guess it'll be at 112.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
First few vacation days have been stellar. Tomorrow Cardinals baseball, Breaking Bad and the Dexter comedy hour. Monday stocking the fridge with some Oktoberfest. Then midnight, and I have no idea when I'll leave my couch again.

Alabama won over A&M, planning on some sweet breakfast tomorrow, maybe a movie, then Breaking Bad, then it'll be time to find something to do till midnight on Monday->Tuesday

I had a dream about GTA V the other night, it's weird I hardly ever dream especially about mass media. I was wearing really uncomfortable boots and driving around in the dark, parking and turning off the engine to evade the cops. Tense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom